General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Winter....

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 05:33 PM
Default Winter....

So, who's driving their Monte during the winter? I don't want to but got no choice. It's not my driving I'm worried about, but i don't want to have some one else ram into me.... accident's do happen. I took the Monte for a test drive in winter and it drives very good. What do you guy's think?

Old 09-16-2006, 07:25 PM
Default RE: Winter....

Well fortunately I've had my Monte during winter months once already, and I must say, it does drive very well. I had no problems and I think as long as you continue to drive defensively you should be ok. I have had to avoid my share of near bumps or scrapes and Monte handled it with no problems. I will be driving mine.... then again... I live in Southern California and we really don't get much snow down there if you know what I mean. haha.

Old 09-16-2006, 09:59 PM

O ya, this will be my first winter with my monte.

Last winter we had this crazy storm that came in about 3:00 pm. It was about 2 inches an hour coming down. Started just as I was leaving school...the roads were like a warzone. Normally it takes me 30 minutes maximum to get home. It took me 3.5 hours that night.

Even though its hard to drive. I love RWD in the winter. Powersliding through any turn you want is so much fun!

Old 09-17-2006, 01:36 AM

Another fun thing about winter driving. You can just blow through any intersection you want... and if you get pulled over: "Sorry officer, I tried to stop but I couldn't. them damn Low-pros you know?"

Old 09-17-2006, 02:43 AM

Sorry, guys...don't know the pleasure of "winter driving." I live in vegas, before that, the Cayman Islands. I am, however, an expert in wet-weather driving. It drives me crazy here in Vegas how people drive on wet roads. I am happy to report that my Monte has performed very well indeed on wet roads.

Old 09-17-2006, 11:38 AM

My Monte is my DD. It's been through several South Texas blizzards with no problems at all....

Old 09-17-2006, 04:07 PM

south texas blizzard what are u smokin its so hot they melt b4 they hit the ground lol

Old 09-17-2006, 04:27 PM

I was up there for a winter in 1993. It got a decent snow, far's I recollect. (little faux texas talk, there pardner)

Old 09-17-2006, 04:32 PM

and another thing i hate about Canadian winters..... all that freaking salt. manitoba isnt too bad, but how do you wash the salt off when it's -30 c ?
ha ha, the joy's of winter. i dont know how long you guy's get winter, but for us it's months.... we know what it's like to have our door's freeze shut, then you rip the weather stripping off try'ing to get the door open.

yawhn... all this complaining is getting me tired.

Old 09-17-2006, 04:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Bigg J

I was up there for a winter in 1993. It got a decent snow, far's I recollect. (little faux texas talk, there pardner)

Not bad, not bad at all.... You would make a fine Texan....

Quick Reply: Winter....