General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Will there ever be a rear wheel drive Monte again!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Talking Will there ever be a rear wheel drive Monte again!

Just wondering what everyone thinks! Will Chevy ever produce another rear wheel drive Monte again! If so why do you think so and if not why do you think so? I personally wish they would, i think the SS being a V8 or a V6 with a supercharger should be a rear wheel drive car! I think they made them a front wheel car because it's more economical for everyday drivers, especially in the winter time but with all these cars coming back and badder than ever will they do the same with the Monte!

Old 08-02-2010, 09:22 PM

yea i brought a topic like this up in the past. from what i heared, the new chevy camaro's are picking up the production where the 2007 monte carlo line ended. (no comparison IMO)
its like replacing a G-body with an F-body. it doesnt feel right

Old 08-02-2010, 09:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Yeah I heard the camaro replaced the monte too so it'll be interesting to see if they even bring the monte back bcuz of that fact unless they take the opp of getting rid of Saab, Hummer, Pontiac, & Saturn to bring it back but I know I sure do hope they bring it back as a rear wheel drive car. I know a lot of people who hate front wheel drive cars so yeahh

Old 08-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Maybe, but I doubt it. However, Chevrolet is losing it's "cheaper" coupe by phasing out the Cobalt. Who knows?

Old 08-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My vote is NO.

Old 08-03-2010, 01:59 PM

I don't think so. RWD is being reserved to muscle cars and trucks anymore with most all other domestics being produced with FWD. Whether for cost, reliability, or some other factor; i do not know the reasoning. Its just the trend that has began to define mainstream.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:08 PM

i hope so I HATE FWD but i dont think they will

Old 08-03-2010, 05:03 PM

I think the Monte will be back for sure no question about that it has to much history to just let it go, plus it's a very popular car and as far as it being reserved for muscle cars the Monte SS i see a as a muscle car especially in the older days, idk well see! Bring it back RWD Chevy! LOL!

Old 08-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

It is a popular car, but sales started to drop dramatically toward the end of the Monte's life. Hence why there isn't one any more. And you usually don't bring back something that people lost interest in. They could test the water with a fancy concept and go from there though.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:28 PM

lol they make a sick beast of a legend called Monte Carlo a FWD v6 an they expect sales price not to drop? as much as people bitch about gas saving and economy car psychobabble BS, they want a car they can boast about and be proud to kick *** in. we just gotta keep our eyes open and see if chevy is listening. btw i pulled up next to a camaro yesterday at a gas station and i honestly wasnt that impressed. chevy needs more than camaro to pump up their line now that gm got rid of Pontiac (R.I.P. Pontiac)

Quick Reply: Will there ever be a rear wheel drive Monte again!