General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

why so many T.Stewart MC's for sale ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 02:10 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

.....Well o.k. then, I can agree with all that has been wrote so far.
Never thought of the "Lease" cars that are out there. NASCAR issues and
just wanting to trade up are understandable....However, T.S. MC's and Jr.
editions should be collectible cars for those that can afford to keep them.
Yes, the economy may a BIG reason. I noticed several cars for sale in the
midwest where unemployment is up.
Good input..

Old 10-29-2009, 11:26 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's obviously a combination of all those reasons.

You'll notice with all the Dale Sr Monte's made, in both 2002 and 2004, you don't see as many of them for sale as you do the Dale Jr and TS cars.

My theory is simple. Nascar retired the number 3. So the #3 will always be known as Dale Earnhardt's black #3 Chevrolet. The Dale Sr Intimidator Montes will always be known as Dale Sr cars. Plus, it helps that they can blend in easier with other cars. The 2004 Dale Jr car can't blend in with "regular" cars. For one thing, it's bright red. (The most popular colors for cars now are silver, white, and black.) Then it's got the big black and silver stripes going down the sides. In addition to the silver #8 stickers on the rear pillars and licence plate delete. Stands out more than the Intimidator Monte.

I think there's definitely something to the fact that Tony and Junior changed teams/numbers. Because the 2003 Jeff Gordon #24 Monte is still highly sought after. You don't see a lot of them sitting on car lots for the length of time the Junior & TS cars do.

One thing that may affect those cars, is the fact that some people consider the Junior car too redneck looking. Not saying I agree with it. But that's a comment that I've heard and read many times, from many different people. The 2004 Intimidator Monte doesn't get that comment.

But I think the idea that a lot of people can't afford to keep a collector car sitting around anymore has a lot to do with it. Besides, a lot of items labelled "collector's edition" rarely become actual collector's items.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ONE of the reasons MIGHT be that the insurance rates are killer on the S/C Montes!
I pulled mine off the road for a month or so. It's the most expensive insurance of the 4 vehicles we have. 20+% more than our '07 Solstice GXP! I was told it was the car, the way it's rated.