General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Why did you ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 07:11 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question Why did you ?

Hi Member's,
Why did you buy a Chevy Monte Carlo ?
(or want to buy one ?)
With so many makes & models to choose from,
why did you get a Monte Carlo ?
* this question was asked several years ago on our site, but we
have so many new member's & it would be great to
read how/why you have/drive the SuperSuper Monte Carlo ?

We shall look forward to reading your reasons.
Thank `You

Old 01-27-2012, 07:16 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

The Deuce is my thrid Monte I got it becuse my past Montes where dependable and I liked the looks.

Ok so why did I buy my 1st Monte?? It was a 2001 Silver Monte. I needed another car bad (My caviler had been totaled) If you don't know by now Ronda pinches pennies (she can make Lincon Cry)... I love sport cars and we where short of cash at that time. The Monte was a compermise of her love of saving money and my love of sport cars. The fact that my late father loved Montes didn't hurt eaither.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:37 AM

Good Morning, Space!

Hmmm... why did I? Back in the mid 90's I had the chance to buy an '86 or '87 (can't remember which) Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe. My wife HATED it for some reason, so I ended up buying an old Buick Riviera. But I never lost my desire to own a Monte Carlo. Some years later, an errant limo driver in NJ hit me early on a Saturday morning and totaled my motorcycle. Rather than buy a new bike, my wife convinced me to put the money toward a new car. We both liked the new Monte's, so we agreed on an new '02 Monte Carlo SS. In theory, it was to be my car. But my wife loved it and I was quickly relegated to driving the '94 Chevy Suburban. If we ever get something newer for my wife, I'll get the Monte. There's a whole list of mod's just waiting. But I can't do much with it while it's my wife's daily driver.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:39 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

The Monte I own is my first. I was actually on the lot looking at an older Camaro but it needed way too much work. The Monte caught my eye as I was walking back to my car. The first thing I noticed and liked was the styling. A test drive revealed comfortable seating, a good ride and handling characteristics. Better mileage than my current vehicle and a thumbs up inspection at a friend's shop sealed the deal for me. So to summarize: Styling, comfort, handling and mileage were the main points that made a Monte my new DD.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:52 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Well i bought mine to strip down & sell for parts but sence i was goin to school for auto body i started working on it for practice & before i knew it it was done lol

Old 01-27-2012, 08:56 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I bought mine cause I didn't want another Grand Prix.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:09 AM

haha actually a long story.... was working one day a few summers ago and was picking up stone at a quarry and saw a monte pull out of the parking lot and it rumbled so low and sounded as good as it looked a shinny blue with the gay sport kit so sick I just knew I had to get one right there. SO because I had no money at the time my dreams were only that until my next door neighbor (who sells cars) came home with a 2001 monte in minty fresh condition and I told him before you sell that back gotta come sell it to me first but he said he was not selling it for a while since he loved it so much so my dreams once again were not going anywhere. ONE year later he came to me and told me he was going to sell it and if i wanted it said ya though he wouldn't sell it to me if anything was wrong with the car at all so his mechanic checked it out it wouldn't rev over 35 and something was wrong with the tranny dropped it and it looked all good so it actually ended up being a clogged cat so he replaced that SO i bought it and Now the car gets to sit in my driveway instead!!

Old 01-27-2012, 10:16 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Rwd, V8! and loved the lines

Old 01-27-2012, 11:18 AM

I didn't buy my Monte, but my mother did because she loved the look of it. We had another Monte before this one, another 2003 SS in Victory Red with the high sport package. At the time, she just got her degree in nursing and wanted a flashy new car to show off. What's better than a bright red Monte Carlo SS? Lol. She loved that car so much that when the lease was up, she bought a used 2003 SS in black, which is the one sitting in my driveway right now.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:34 AM

A combination of my dad totaling his truck and needing money and my wife and i needing a second car for driving around the kids.

Have to say i love this car and its welll worth it.

Quick Reply: Why did you ?