General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Why did you ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Why did you ? ? ?

ORIGINAL: ajallen

3. 3.9 talk on only the 06 models scare the crap outa me considering I still have a car with a bad engine (if they are a bad engine, the price of the engines and repairs is gonna skyrocket, and the value of the car is gonna plummet!!)
The 3.9L was only put into the 06 Monte Carlo LT3, but it is also in the
Impala, Pontiac & other GM products. They are considering it for the 6 cyl 08 Camaro.
It has received several awards...Search the forum & you can read all about it.
The major depreciation has already fell on the 06....about 50% less then the
original MSRP : (
Check Auto Trader or other For Sale sites. 06 Monte Carlo's LT3are
selling from $12K to $19k depending on conditon, miles & equip.
Thanks for your post....Just enjoy your awesome Monte & have fun.
Look forward to your post.
Peace....`space

Old 04-20-2007, 04:06 PM
Default RE: Why did you ?

My first Monte was a 1976. She was Brand new and one of the nicest cars I have ever had. Too bad, I lost her in a divorce, but always wanted another one. Shortly after they shelved the Monte and you couldn't get one at all. Then GM brought back the car and I had a 1996 which was basically the 2 door Lumina. Finally the re-design came out which reallyset the car apart from the Impala appearance wise, and so far I've had a 2001 / 2004& now a 2007 SS.

The 2 door Monte is the most unique looking vehicle on the road. Mine have always generated comments from complete strangers as to how nice they are. Just last night, I took my 07 in for a quick wash, and upon leaving the area, a couple of kids, neither of which was more than 14 years old walked in front and hollered at me "Wow, what a nice car"and gaveme the thumbs up sign. I have never had any vehicle that attracts attention like that. Once with my 2004, we were stopped at a fast food restaurant, sitting inside at a window, where I could keep an eye on the car, and a guywalking to his car in the lot actually walked into a parked car because he was looking backward at my Monte sitting there.

The pizzaz these cars have is second to none. Thats what I like.

Old 05-31-2007, 11:51 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: Revitupfaster

The pizzaz these cars have is second to none. Thats what I like.
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Bill, You are a very lucky man to be the owner of the last year Monte Carlo SS,[/align][align=center]plus you have a limited color. (I haven't seen any other Monte's SS that color).[/align][align=center]Plus, you are a Winner of the Monte of the Month Contest.[/align][align=center]I hope that member `Chris puts together a MOTM winner's post to [/align][align=center]share the beauty of your Monte with all the MCF Members.[/align][align=center]Thanks for all your contributions to our Forum.[/align][align=center]The Monte Carlo Family.[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center]Click on [:-]Camera[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]4 pic's of RevItUpFaster[/align]

Old 05-31-2007, 11:48 PM

My first Monte Carlo was purchased in 2004. It was a 2003 LS model (victory red... sweeeet color) It replaced my very first car, a teal 95 Beretta (another Chevy coupe)

The first thing that attracted me? That beautiful shade of red. Red enough to catch everyone's eyes ( including the police [:'(]) Power was ok, but I gave up4 mpg (31 in the beretta 4 cyl, down to 27). I say ok, but truthfully I felt like I was driving a corvette when compared to the berettas weak 120 hp plant, the 180 hp 3400 of the monte was a treat. Loved the car to 75k miles.

Well, I've always been a reader and noticed that after 75-80k miles the remaining value dropped considerably. This got me to thinking, and I noticed my car loan was well over half gone. So I started crunching numbers, and after talking to the bank I realized I could spend a LOT more on acar, than I did on my first Monte, without increasing my payments considerably, so I got to shoppin.

I drove a low-miles 04 SS without the supercharger, but the 200 horse of it didn't impress me.
I kept looking, drove a rustang for kicks, but since the V6 stang was all I could afford, it's 200HP plant didn't impress me either.

Found a 05 Eclipse, manual transmission and ~230 HP nearly had me sold. Unfortunately they wanted waaaay too much for it, and the insurance on that damn car was DOUBLE what I paid on my 03 LS!!!
Plus, it's trunk was teeny tiny, and I need a big trunk, my 03 LS had room for dual 10" JL subs AND my brother's wheelchair, without even having to take it all apart! I wasn't about to tell my brother he couldn't ride with me because my hot new ride had a puny trunk. Briefly lookedata couple of Impalas, and even aGalant, but silly wabbit, 4 doors are for Families!

I was doing lots of research on new cars performance when I came across Popular mechanic's award for the 3.9L engine in (several models) including the 06 Monte. Thought wow, is this the SS... nope, the SS has a V8 now. hmmm. Looked around and found my local dealer had one at a different store of theirs way north. 2006 3LT silverstone metallic, sporty, blah blah blah, thought bummer, I wanted to see it right now. So I stroll by when I got off work ( after calling earlier) and met up with the salesman I spoke to. We gabbed a bit, he said he called about the Monte, and they should be able to get it for me in a few days or so. Great, more time to shop around, right? Well as I strolled over to the brochure rack, my eye caught a flash of silver back in the service area. 10 minutes later my jaw was on the floor, and my wallet was out (not that it did much good in todays age of signatures and SSN's) Turns out the car the salesman said was up north, was at his own dealership getting prepped for display, and he didn't know it. Also turns out, while he said it was 16,900, the dealer's invoice sheet (not for buyers eyes) gave a range of retail prices. I was able to make out 13,500-17k before he snatched that. I offered him 13,900 and he tried shooting back, but I said look, you don't even have to PREP the damn thing, imma buy it. You're getting a trade that you'll make money on, and I KNOW you could probably do me, a life time chevy driver, the deal. He said ok, and evenmade the car a Certified GM Used car, so it got the 5 year 100k drivetrain warranty.

So yes, my current car, I purchased without even driving it. I read about the engine, and saw it in the car, saw the dual exhaust, the sweet spoiler, and that kikn new front end, and I was in love. Ill never forget that moment when I saw it for the first time. Driving it the first time was even better than seeing it, the engine pulled like nothing I'd ever owned before, and the styling was sweeter than anything I've ever i

Old 07-11-2007, 07:35 AM

Thanks to all members that posted.
I see why you have a
Monte Carlo. I've enjoyed reading your post
about why you choose such a special/unique automobile.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:19 AM

[align=center]`Space, get a Monte Carlo,[/align][align=center]It's a great Earth Vessel...You will EnJoy your[/align][align=center]Earth Journey.[:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/1C7712CDD4E249C2B6ADEAE9AB9C971F.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/E61E0620CC1C480D8ADF666BC16E89B1.jpg[/IMG] [/align]

Old 02-05-2008, 08:45 AM

lol space r u runnin out of ways to b a post ***** so ur writin a new chapter and resurfacing old posts? lol jk

Old 02-05-2008, 09:01 AM

ORIGINAL: kweef

lol space r u runnin out of ways to b a post ***** so ur writin a new chapter and resurfacing old posts? lol jk
LOL `Jeremy, LOL
Yes & No,
There's been a lot of new member's since I first started this thread subject,
and instead of making a new thread, I revert back to the original.
That way the new members can read why othermember's purchased
their Monte Carlo's.
Now, they can post why they purchased theirs : )
With all the auto's out in our World to choose from, I find it interesting
to see why our MCF member's chose the Awesome Monte Carlo ?
Wouldn't you like to know ?
I do

Old 02-05-2008, 09:18 AM

lol well i bought my car b/c of the awesome engine and the luck my neighbor has had with them...they really like the cars and suggested them...soi bought one lol the fact that it had a hood scoop and a sound system was only details

Old 02-05-2008, 11:54 AM

'Cause it has a bit of character unlike most other cars available to me around that price range. Decent on gas while still keeping enough power to keep my happy.

The first two things I noticed about the car when we took it for a test drive, the brushed interior, it was the cleanest dash I had ever seen. The second thing I noticed, the leg room, I could sit comfortably in both the driver's and passenger's seats. The Camry and Maxima that we looked at were both completely loaded and I didn't like either of them, not much of a fan of woodgrain and leather and millions of buttons. Oh and the Camry and Maxima both had problems fitting my 6' 8" frame...

Quick Reply: Why did you ?