General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Why did you ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 04:16 AM
Default RE: Why did you ?

My Monte!
2001 Monte Carlo ss (limited edition)

I previously had 2 hondas and they kinda of got old. had a ruff accident when i was little and i get settlement money every year. Great birthday present by the way. My mother just purchased a red monte carlo ls 01. I never like monte's in the past until i seen hers. I was in love!!! I searched up online and in local newspapers. Found an old couple selling an 01 Monte Carlo Special Edition only 40,000 miles. the best part about it is it was only 7500, and let me tell you this sucker is laoded. Im actually not ashamed to roll up infront of the mall lmao. But power isnt much to me i like the car period end and im sad to hear there making montes go away. a car i really hoped to grow and get another one doesnt seem like it. But as long as i have this one ill cherish every second with it!!!

Old 12-16-2006, 05:03 PM

I love the bodystyle and the way they drive and of coarse chicks LOVE Montes........and not everyone can drive a rustang or a civic.

Old 12-21-2006, 08:06 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Eric, post some pic's of your Monte
Safe/Happy miles 2 U...`Space

Old 12-23-2006, 06:44 AM

I got my 06 LTZ for a few reasons.
1. I really wanted an SS, but by the time I put all the options on the SS that my LTZ came with... The SS would have been almost 4 grand more.
2. Gas prices.....
3. I LOVE THE LTZ..... 3.9 HAS A LOT OF HORSES UNDER THE HOOD.
4. LOVE THE REMOTE START, so far it does what GM claims that it will do.
5. LOVE THE HEATED SEATS.....
6. MAIN REASON IS THE COLOR....... LASER BLUE..... its blue if u look at it one way, its purple if you look at another way......
7. LOVE HOW IT TURNS HEADS AROUND HERE

I got mine from the local dealer here. Purchared over the internet. What a way to buy. The only thing that I had to do when I got the car was to sign the papers.
Since buying my LTZ the dealer has offered to buy it back TWICE so far. Both times in writting as to what I could get from them. They told me that the car is in high demand. So I am holding on to it..... IF ITS WORTH THAT MUCH TO THEM..... IT HAS TO BE WORTH THAT MUCH AND MORE TO ME.......
When the dealer first made the offer I thought that GM was going to annouce some big recall on the engine. One of my co-workers brother works for a GM dealer in VA. and says that he has never heard of a dealer offering to buy a car back. As for the engine. No problems have been noted. GM tech's say that the 3.9 should be just as good as the 3.8. Plus 42 more horses without a super charger on it.

I am pretty sure that me and my LTZ will be friends for a long time to come.

Old 12-27-2006, 02:41 AM

well i had a 1993 honda accord. great shape. great gas milage and super quiet. i loved her....she brought me everywhere....then my friend told me bout a monte for sale...500 bucks...i was ill get it as a project car....ya kno fix it up and have fun on the weekends...about 3 days later i totaled my honda...sad day...then i need a new car...the monte was there...the money wasa there....so i went talked the guy down to 450 and bought it...drivin it as a daily driver now ....itz awesome....350 with an edelbrock performer series intake manifold and aedelbrock vavle covers and hooker headers and cherry bombs...new tires....all came with the car...now i just put in new plugs cap rotor wires and battery...she is perfect......the only thing that sucks is the gas milage and the other problems with the car....

i need a new trans( it slips into first if i gun it un 35 so i dont gun it),diff gears, sway bar, shocks, carb, radiator,and have to get sum of my gauges workin and my drivers door dont open from the outside and i have no keys to lock my doors.....

gas milage dont bother me...i work so i can afford it....i mean im 18 man what do i have to pay for...

Old 12-28-2006, 12:16 AM
Default RE: Why did you ? ? ?

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

ORIGINAL: 07 Monte SS
I just retired in July and I was looking to get the Pontiac GTO or the Chevy SSR but no 07 model for them so I got myself a 07 Monte SS and I haven't look back since.
Hi Ron, Post some pic's of your `Monte SS & give us your review on
what you like or don't like about it. Safe/Happy miles to you...
`Space
Hi Space, Santa brought me a new camera so I will be posting pics of "Black Beauty".
Bare with me until then. I can't think of anything that I dislike about my Monte except not driving
it enough. I special order "Black Beauty" with "all" of the GM factory upgrade options except
for the block heater. I've only got a little under 500 miles on the Monte. [sm=badbadbad.gif] I've been doing alot
of work around the house since retiring. I spent over 11 years on the road. A lot of catch-up around the house. If I would to name some of the best features of "Black Beauty".
1) A legendary small block V8.
2) Aggressive exterior styling with full-perimeter lower ground effects.
3) High 20's MPG, thanks to Active Fuel Management technology.
4) A Performance-Tuned suspension.
5) Silver Rally Stripe Package to match-up with the Silverstone Metallic lower ground effects.
6) Heated front leather bucket seats.
7) XM Satellite Radio.
8) Eight-speaker premium sound system with the six-disc CD changer.
Plus alot more of SS items.

Old 01-01-2007, 03:56 PM

Hey Michael, DJ & Ron, thanks 4 your post & infor.
Hope you post some pic's & showyour pride, of your ride : )

Michael, have you ever timed your 3.9 or raced anyone ?
Keep the members posted and update your review...`ok

D.J., good luck with your improvements to your Monte....

Ronald, Keep us informed and updated on your SS "Black Beauty" : )
Thanks 4 yours contributions to MCF : ) Look 4ward 2 seeing & reading your post(s).

Wish U guys a `Happy,
[8D].....`Space

Old 04-06-2007, 09:32 PM

[align=center][/align][align=center]Thanks to all the members that posted on this topic "Why did you."[/align][align=center]I've gained a lot of insight intoour members and[/align][align=center]their reasons for choosing their awesome Monte Carlo's.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Thank you members for all your posts and for sharing your[/align][align=center]information.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I love my `Monte & I think it's a SuperRide for the $'s[/align][align=center]and[/align][align=center]I believe you are a Winner if you own and drive the[/align][align=center]General Motors Chevrolet Monte Carlo[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]New Members, please post "Why you purchased your Monte : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Oh, please go& Post your Thanks toour MCF Mod's[/align][align=center][:-]Click below link 2 post your thanks [:-][/align][align=center]https://montecarloforum.com/m_31589/tm.htm[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Thank You[/align][align=center]~SpaceRider~[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 04-20-2007, 12:47 PM

O.K. ready for my story? HaHa...
I have (still) a 2002 Chrysler Sebring LX sedan, with less than 73,000 miles on it. i have owned it for over three years, I've only been able to drive the damn thing for 1 1/2 years!! It has the notoriously crappy 2.7L engine (did not know about the engine until it was too late) anyway, gonna try to make this short. Engine sludge is well known to this 2.7L engine, got mine on the interstate. To this day, i still owe $5000.00 on the car, been looking to trade it in ever since it happened, but still owe this much on a car, and trading it in...dont work well together since EVERY dealer would only give me 1000-2000 for the car, and a new engine costs 2700.00 (cheapest I found, without install or shipping) So finally last month went to the dealer for one last time, been looking seriously for 6 months or so, and this beautiful 06 blue monte was just yelling my name. They gave me three choices, 1. 07 PT cruiser (yuck) 2. 07 G6 (better) both with trading in my sebring, and 3. my monte (no trade in, ouch!) talked to the wife, and her car was about paid off, so i got my monte. But...
I do not love everything the car offers here is my list...
Negatives -
1. The flapping rear seat belt when the windows are down.
2. Couldnt they have put something better on the overhead than the airbag sensor??
3. 3.9 talk on only the 06 models scare the crap outa me considering I still have a car with a bad engine (if they are a bad engine, the price of the engines and repairs is gonna skyrocket, and the value of the car is gonna plummet!!)
4. I prefer the more defined lines of the Montes in the previous years, the 06 is a little softer.

Positives -
1. ITS A MONTE CARLO!!!
2. I love the 17 inch wheels, it really makes a stance.
3. its got great power, and comfort for the money, cant beat it.
4. I was a fairly dedicated Mustang fan, i just laugh at them now, wussies.
5. Never get tired of looking at it, or driving it. I almost let my wife take it today..she asked this mourning, what car am i taking, i said whatever, hoping she wouldnt take it. WHEW, it was a close call...she said she was affraid she would wreck it, and i would never forgive her for it. Thats not true... i would forgive her for it, when i got a new one.
Alright, think thats all.. im sure there is more..but i feel like im rambling, and taking up too much space.

Old 04-20-2007, 02:36 PM

My dad offered it to me in a really great deal. If I didn't want it he was going to trade it in. But of course I took it. I absolutely love the car, but right now I'm wishing it was an SS instead. Way more options mods-wise.

Quick Reply: Why did you ?