General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Why did you ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 08:57 PM
Default RE: Why did you ? Yes, You !!!!

I went to the only car dealer in town to try and unload my 2000 Mitsuibishi Montero Sport. It had been a good car for me. It was lifted and had a brand new tranny put in it a year earlier. New tires and was great in the snow. The problem was it got 18 mpg. I am driving more for my night classes and moved farther out of town. I went to the local dealership becasue they had a 2000 Nissan Maxima 4 door fully loaded as well as a 2005 Chevy Imapla with no options. Drove the Maxima and it drove nice. Inside was decent. Had a home tint job that looked horrible and the bumper was spider cracked. Had some rough wear spots all over it. It did drive nice and I was considering buying it for a 2 year car until I was done with school, but was not sold. I talked to the sales manager (we have bought numerous cars from him so I was able to skip the salesman and go to the source) and told him I liked the maxima, but it was rough. I liked the looks of the impala, but hated that it didn't have a moon roof. He said he had another car that he just got in that had a moon roof and all options. He said it was a Chevy Monte Carlo SS. They had not had it on their inventoryonline so I was suprised.In the back of my brain avoice said that sounds fun. Walked over and saw it was a white car (not my favorite color). It was all by itself so I walked around it and the lines on the car were beautiful. Opened the door and saw the leather and heated seats and new it was a contender. Took it for a drive and fell in love. Went home researched it and called him the next day to tell him to make it happen.2 days later I was driving my monte.

P.S. This my 100th post. What better way to celebrate it then talking about the day I fell in love ......... with my Monte.[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 09-29-2008, 09:16 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

I've always loved the lines of the Monte. Was always a truck person but said if I was ever going to own a CAR instead of a truck it HAD to be a Monte, nothing else. It's sporty, classy, not too big, not too small.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:44 PM

I wanted a luxury. sporty car. (Is that an oxymoron or what?) Something full of creature comforts and options, yet able to get up and move when I wanted to. Something
reasonably
priced ('06 in '07 was priced to sell) and of course it had to be black. And I didn't want a cookie cutter car. Bought the last '06 SS off the lot in March of 07 with 50 miles on her.You don't see many of them around here and people always take a 2nd and even 3rd look at her.
Couldn't have made a better choice IMO.

Old 09-30-2008, 12:42 AM

always wanted a 4th gen SS when i was a kid in the 90s. got one last year, exactly what i wanted,nice darker metallic paintwith t-tops and a nice exhaust, unforunately the body needed more work than i have the experience to handle, so i sold it. went for a little while without one, couldnt deal with it anymore so i traded my truck (which i really loved) for my 86. she aint perfect, no t-tops and shes a little rough, but its not so bad that i cant handle it.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:19 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Member mrl390 `Matt,
Test/Review sites like Edmonds are not always kind to
the Chevrolet Monte Carlo in their reports,
but the SpaceReporter post the good/bad/ugly : )
It is their ignorance, that they don`t realize one of the best
kept secrets in automotive history,
the
Chevrolet Monte Carlo.
You really have to own one, & drive one b-4 you really
realize the Great Bangs you get for the Buck $.
I may not like every generation Monte,
but I love the majority.
Thanks to all the MCF Members that posted the reasons
why you purchased/drive your Super Monte Carlo.
I have enjoyed reading them `all.
Look 4-ward 2 reading more.
Be `Happy, and Enjoy Driving your Awesome
Chevrolet Monte Carlo
[sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 09-30-2008, 02:42 PM

I mean just look at it, its amazing

Old 09-30-2008, 03:29 PM

Yes `Luke,
A picture does say a thousand words.
Thanks for sharing/posting your Awesome Look`in
Chevrolet Monte Carlo
4-Sure

Old 10-01-2008, 07:39 AM
Default RE: Why did you ?

Hi `Cort,
and thank you for your below link.
You should change your ScreenName to
MonteCarloMan

Good Read by `Cort
[:-]

Old 10-01-2008, 07:48 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Why did you ?

hey Luke, that car would look 10x better if Illinois didn't require a front tag

and just think... it looks great now, 10x more.. ~WoW~ (As Space would say)

hey Cort... great story man, a Monte man from the beginning, lol

Quick Reply: Why did you ?