General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

WHOA.... WTF!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 06:22 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007
Default WHOA.... WTF!!!

Just had one FREAKIN SCARY RIDE HOME!!! Driving 50-60 MPH, then heard a loud pop... all of a sudden, it felt like something was lifting the front of the car and I went across two lanes of traffic (on-coming traffic) and I hit the curb on the wrong side of the road and then it went straight across all four lanes of traffic to the snow covered shoulder. I got out and there is a scuff on the driver's front wheel (where the wheel kissed the curb), but nothing else appeared wrong. I got back in and started it, and put it into gear and as long as I stay under 10-MPH, it would drive, but any faster and it felt like there as a ball under the Driver's front wheel and like the tire would flip over. Like I broke a control arm or something. I limped her home at 10-MPH, but that was scary and it almost got me killed!!! As I watched a Semi do some fancy **** driving to save my life and miss me when it first happened! I thought for sure the semi was going to hit me head on, and I don't know how I missed all the cars as I went back across all that traffic to get to the shoulder -- well... I do know... GOD saved my butt again!!!

Edited Add: My car only has 4332 miles on it... I going to have the car towed into work tomorrow and if the control arm broke on a new car... I'm going to be pissed!!!

Old 01-22-2008, 06:40 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: WHOA.... WTF!!!

Geez! Glad you're okay Craig. You certainly were lucky in that one, and must have had someone looking out for you.

Sorry to hear about the car. You're really not having a lot of luck with it.
Hopefully your guys at the dealership can hook you up on getting this fixed and possibly finding anything else that may be brewing.

In the mean time let me offer you a virtual beer for a living through a scarey ride home. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 01-22-2008, 06:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Wow that sucks. Be sure to let us know what the problem was. If it happened to you on your new car, it might happen on someone elses. :-0

Old 01-22-2008, 06:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yikes! I read mickey's story and thought that was scary but I think your story takes it! (sorry mickey)

Old 01-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

Glad you're ok. Someone was definitely looking out for ya.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:46 PM

Glad to hear that its only your wheel so far that got scuffed up. I thought that maybe you had hit a median or something on the freeway at first, glad you didn't though. I have over ten times the miles that you do, about 48K now I think and I've yet to have a serious problem like that.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:55 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

wow... scary... i'd be pissed with something or somebody. i guess every assembly line makes a mistake at some point. sorry it happened man.....

maybe you should take some of the boost of that "supercharger", lol... you're literally blowing the car apart!!!!

Old 01-22-2008, 10:06 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Glad you are okay okay Craig, would hate to loose my intellectual opposite.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:36 PM

I doubt you would have made it home with a Control Arm broken. I'm going to guess that it's move like a C-V Joint that gave way.
No matter what ... let's not repeat the scary story you told about it happening.
Have it towed to the Dealership.
You might not be so lucky the 2nd time around!

Glad you had the skill to avoid having a wrecked car and being injured!

Quick Reply: WHOA.... WTF!!!