General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Who has the best sound system in their Monte Carlo ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 02:54 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question Who has the best sound system in their Monte Carlo ?

Hi Member's,
Who has the best sound system ?
Who has the best sound system for the $'s ?
Please post what you have ? Pictures are a plus ? What was your estimated cost ? Do you have pictures ? Video's ?
Look forward to reading/seeing what our Monte Carlo Forum members have in their Monte Carlo's.

================================================== =======
Below is from just one Supplier: (Please post yours & your review of them)

Chevrolet Monte Carlo Audio ? Radio, Speaker, Subwoofer, Stereo

Find car audio products that work with your Chevrolet Monte Carlo

To shop for the stereos, speakers, and other products that work with your specific model, click "Choose your Monte Carlo" below.

Choose your Monte Carlo

We'll help you install it yourself and save

Free installation instructions • Deeply discounted installation gear.
Stereos, speakers, and subwoofers for the Monte Carlo

2006 - 2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo2000 - 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo1995 - 1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo1986 - 1988 Chevrolet Monte Carlo1985 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2006 - 2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo: Best Sellers

Thinking about installing your gear yourself?

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 05-05-2016 at 03:18 PM.
Old 05-05-2016, 03:21 PM
Lightbulb Shop for top rated radio head unit on Google

Shop for top rated radio head unit on Google

Pioneer Double DIN Bluetooth ...
$114.99
Google Trusted Store
Abt Electr...

Alpine ‑ CD ‑ Built‑In ...
$129.99
Best Buy

Kenwood ‑ CD ‑ Built‑In ...
$139.99
Best Buy

jvc kdx320bts in‑dash ...
$86.00
Savinglots.com

Kenwood ‑ 6.2" ‑ Built‑In GPS ...
$806.99
Best Buy

Search Results

www.crutchfield.com › ... › Car Stereos
Crutchfield Corporation

Best and Top Rated - Shop for Car Stereos and more. ... Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming; compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner ...

https://www.caraudionow.com/best-car-stereos/

There are many cases that can warrant upgrading your car stereo's head unit. You may need to ... Single Din CD Receiver With AM/FM Radio - Output: 14 watts ...Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS - ‎Best In-Dash Car DVD Video ... - ‎Pioneer DEH-80PRS

www.bestdoubledinheadunit.net/

If You're Looking for Best in Sound & Navigation in 2015, 2 Din Head Units Can ... Depending on your tastes, this could include your radio, CD or MP3 player, ...

thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-bluetooth-car-stereo-receiver/

Apr 2, 2015 - If you have a double-DIN slot you can still use a single-DIN radio (an ... “A lot of our customers really want their aftermarket head unit to have ...

www.bestbuy.com/site/car-audio/car.../abcat0302012.c?id...
Best Buy

Sony - CD - Built-In Bluetooth - Satellite Radio-Ready In-Dash Receiver with Detachable ... JVC - Built-In Bluetooth - Apple® iPod®- and Satellite Radio-Ready ...

car-audio-review.toptenreviews.com/

Which is the best car audio system for you? ... Internet Radio Streaming. ..... all have a role, the best car audio experiences start with the car stereo head unit.

ridebass.com/best-car-stereo-of-2015/

That being said,choosing the best aftermarket car stereo for your vehicle can be a .... The KDC-BT958HD also features HD radio,Bluetooth® connectivity as well as two ... We've covered this headunit before in previous reviews, but it bears ...

Old 05-06-2016, 04:38 AM

Used to have a pretty nice setup back in the mymonte days. Unfortunately, the bulk of it was stolen years ago while I was away on a work trip. Unfortunately, I never really enjoyed it much on the street because I was afraid of attracting unwanted attention.

Anyways, enough of my sob story. At its prime, the setup was as follows:
-Pioneer premier head deck
-Audio control line driver
-Earthquake ph2200.4, 4 channel amp mounted just behind the flip down back seats
-Earthquake D3 mounted on the custom fiberglass rear deck
-8x Massive Audio 6.5s". Carbon fiber cones, external crossovers for each speaker. Had 2 mounted in each door (custom fiberglass), 2 in kick pods on the front floor, and 2 in the fiberglass rear deck.
-2x 12" Atomic ELE subs in a custom ported box.

Best numbers were a 158.3 dB on an audio control mic (good enough to get me 2nd at that show losing only to a car with 2x 15"s in a full wall), and 153.8 on a term lab mic (won 1st place at that show against some pretty hardcore setups).

The goal was always a 160db street car (back before everyone switched to the term lab mics), but I never quite got there. My plan was to recone the subs with a custom impedance to get it down a little lower. I was running the amp at 1 ohm, and could beat on it all day without overheating issues (I had a 6" fan blowing onto the underside built into the rear deck). I figured I'd try it at .5 ohm (since I really couldn't drive with it fully cranked anyways, and hope that got me enough extra power for 160). Beyond that, I'd always toyed with the idea of another D3 and a couple of Atomic Apocalypse Xs.

It was really a great setup. The bass was plenty for a street car, and had really good range for such a loud setup. The mains were also powerful enough to keep up with the subs, so it wasn't a totally lopsided setup either.

Those were the good Ole days...

Old 05-06-2016, 12:00 PM

WoW `Chad, thanks for being the first member to post & contribute a in-depth detailed report on your system. Sorry to read about it being stolen.

I'm not knowledgeable on sound systems & I made this thread to see what others have and learn. I hope more member's post.

I have always been more concerned about the sounds of the engine & just had a super boom box for the beach.

Old 05-06-2016, 12:58 PM
Old 05-06-2016, 04:30 PM

Here are a few pics of my old setup.

Old 05-06-2016, 04:42 PM

aaaaaaaaaah `Chad, the good old days That's a super set up. Did the police ever capture the thieves ? Where did you put the groceries ? (LOL)...Have you changed the system in your Corvette ? I think the new Corvette has a decent sound system (2 me)...I guess I just like to hear the power of the engine. (I must be getting old @ 28) LOL...I put my $'s into engine Mod's and Good Rims and Tires/suspension.

Thanks for sharing your super set - up from 2004 (Time/Life is moving fast) 2 fast sometimes..

Old 05-06-2016, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by BeachBumMike
Did the police ever capture the thieves ?
No, they never were caught, not that the police really tried or anything. The local PD wasn't known for theft recovery in that area. If they happened to raid a drug house and saw a bunch of subs/amps, they would seize them, but otherwise they didn't bother.

I think it's probably for the better. Due to the very precise timing of me being 4 states away at training that specific week, and the approximate time it happened being in a very specific window when no one was expected to come in or leave, I think it had to be an inside job. I can't imagine a random thief would be that lucky on timing. Plus I couldn't look into anything until nearly a week later.

Where did you put the groceries ?
Lol, I never used it for that. Always had a 2nd car for that kind of stuff. I did build a fiberglass box for the back seat to get the subs out of the trunk. It looked cool, but I lost more than 3 dB, and it wasn't nearly as tight and crisp. So I ended up selling it and going back to the trunk box.

[QUOTE][(LOL)...Have you changed the system in your Corvette ? I think the new Corvette has a decent sound system (2 me)...I guess I just like to hear the power of the engine. (I must be getting old @ 28) LOL...I put my $'s into engine Mod's and Good Rims and Tires/suspension./QUOTE]

I haven't touched the system in the vette outside of replacing a blown door speaker (I had it on auto volume, and was cruising with the top off and couldn't hear the distortion). It sounds ok, certainly not great, but not bad enough for me to mess with it.

Honestly I haven't spent a dollar on audio after the break in. I like not having to worry about someone breaking in.

I definitely agree with you on the vette, money is better spent on power and such now. When I was doing audio to the monte, it was about the only path I could go. It didn't make sense to spend money on performance mods for a 160 hp v6 with no real aftermarket (this was before the l67 swap).

Old 05-06-2016, 06:08 PM
Thumbs up HighJacking my owned thread LOL

Thanks `Chad for your reply...I always enjoy reading them. Can you post some pictures of your Corvette ? I searched for your prior post, but I couldn't find them (or I gave up looking)...I'm torn between getting a Corvette or a new Camaro when I ready to buy, There's many low mile, mint condition Corvette's for sale in Florida. I think many seniors buy them and just use them for a few joy rides to remind them of their youth and then trade them or sell them.

I seem some great ones @ decent prices, but my job travels have prevented me from taking the jump. Another reason is I don't have my own garage to keep it in. Until then I will just keep on dreaming until I'm more settled.
Below is just one place with many super Corvette's. There's many Dealers in Florida that have great condition Corvettes. I prefer to buy from the original owner >private sale<

New and Used Corvettes for Sale plus other Fine Cars and Trucks

Used Chevrolet Corvette For Sale Orlando, FL - CarGurus

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 05-06-2016 at 06:10 PM.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by BeachBumMike
Thanks `Chad for your reply...I always enjoy reading them. Can you post some pictures of your Corvette ? I searched for your prior post, but I couldn't find them (or I gave up looking)...I'm torn between getting a Corvette or a new Camaro when I ready to buy, There's many low mile, mint condition Corvette's for sale in Florida. I think many seniors buy them and just use them for a few joy rides to remind them of their youth and then trade them or sell them.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I don't really have a lot of pics of it. Externally, it's nothing special. Just a usual black c6. Only real exterior mod I've done is the zr1 spoiler (unless you count the intercooler in the front grille). Most of my pics are from the supercharger install.

I also came down to a corvette vs a camaro when choosing this one. We actually went in looking at the new impala (after the recent redesign),but being brand new, all they had was a fully optioned one which was well over $40k. That when I saw the Camaro and started to ask myself if I really need a 4 door for a work commuter. That led a step further to the vette when I asked myself if I really even needed back seats (the camaro back seats are borderline useless anyways for adults).

I came down to this C6 and a camaro of a similar year, and the vette just drove 100x better. Even though the powertrain is virtually identical, the C6 just feels so much more sporty and quicker.

The other thing that you mentioned, is that many of them are garage queen weekend only cars that are very well taken care of. That's how mine was with the exception of the sun faded headlights and a small tear in the drivers seat.

The upside is that I asked them to fix the tear as part of the purchase price along with a couple of other minor maintenance items, and they gave me a convertible camaro SS as a loaner since they couldn't finish it that day and needed to keep it to finish Monday. It really gave me a lot of seat time in the camaro and made me glad that I made the right choice. Btw, the seat repair came out 100% perfect. If I didn't know better, I would say they swapped the seat out- that's how perfectly it was fixed and how well it has held up!