General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

who do we have to talk to?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 05:45 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default who do we have to talk to?

have you noticed that the monte carlo has damed near nothin in the after market in comparison to teh rest of the cars out there?

just a exampel the Rustang has tons of after market books for parts and things to do for or to them

The monte carlos have to be 30 years old before they even think about gettign somethign to the after market, Even G.M. trucks do better then we do in the after market. Hell the pontiac GT is doign better then we are.

Just wondering if anyone know who we might have to bug the hell out of to get some parts out in the after market for us.
Nothign even to craxy but the day the rustang hits the street the parts start to flow for them to include the head lights body kits etc....
Or even billet switches for them .

Try finding a selection for the monte. I dare you to find more then one or two kits for the monte.
Or a refabed Razzie kit.

Ok im done
kicking soap box to the side agian.

Old 10-05-2005, 06:48 PM
Default RE: who do we have to talk to?

I agree with you 110% they definetly need alot more aftermarket for the Monte, but its not a popular car to hook up. Majority of people that have Montes are older men.

Old 10-05-2005, 06:51 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

so what your saying is that were al old? LMAO!!!!!!!!

The bad part is i feel old LOL
but honestly that should not make to much of a diffrence Not to mention i disagree to a point.
the monte carlos are being stolen daily so they can be tunred in to low riders etc.. not to mention the race folks out there most of them are 30 somthing or younger.

Old 10-05-2005, 08:37 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

so what your saying is that were al old? LMAO!!!!!!!!

The bad part is i feel old LOL
but honestly that should not make to much of a diffrence Not to mention i disagree to a point.
the monte carlos are being stolen daily so they can be tunred in to low riders etc.. not to mention the race folks out there most of them are 30 somthing or younger.
Im very into the import scene and hang out with alot of import tuners and it makes me feel out of place at the car shows I go to becuase i cant do nearly as much work to my Monte as someone else could do to their civic, but you know what I dont care Im gonna do what I can to have a fast and good looking Monte Carlo.

Old 10-05-2005, 08:55 PM

I'm content keeping mine clean.. maintaining it ..... get the windows tinted ( looking)things like that and just enjoy it.

It's a comfortable car that does ok. It's no muscle car, but i don't believe it's intended to.
The thing i'm most disapointed in.. the car simply has poor balance. It's too stiff for its grip, and if you do throw it in a corner... it dosn't leave you with too much confidence.
On a long sweeping corner ( exit/entrance ramp) its ok.. but shorter corners..... well.... it's unimpressive. And thats saying it nicely.

Hey GM... it's an SS.

I'm some what thinking about the gmp handling kit.

I'm a little luckier than some here, mine gets to sit while my older car does the chores.
( work, groceries).

Not intended to offend anyone, but it's a 1000 times better than ANY ricer.

Ofcourse.. JMO.

Tj

Old 10-05-2005, 10:30 PM

Me being a former Mustang owner(and I don't regret it), I know where you're all coming from. There is a ton of aftermarket stuff for the muscle car scene. I had at least $5,000 invested in my Stang. The only problem is you'll never get back what you put into it if you sell it.
Besides I am completely satisfied with my SS being mostly stock. CAI and u-bend delete will be the extent of my mods.

Old 10-05-2005, 11:32 PM

i no what u mean, i looked for days all over the net and all i found was nothing, maybe some universal stuff but comon, i mean comon we have 3.8's with 200 horses, do we need to have 4 cylinders and under 130 hp in order for someone to make some parts, well i deno,

Old 10-06-2005, 01:42 AM

It's not a bad thing, IMO. I think it gives that much more appreciation to a guy who is able to find/fabricate mods for his MC to make it unique without overwhelming aftermarket support.

Old 10-06-2005, 02:52 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

04 i agree with you but at the same time i would like a choice of thiungs i can do with it . for instance the razzie kits . for that matter any kit ,. theyare the same thing and look bad imo. I just would like to beabel to for once find a store that would cater the monte carlo and give us some choices of things . in stead of having to rob parts from teh gt's and the impallas to have soemthign for our car. My god the impalls look more like a G-mas car then ours but you can find tons of stuff for them.

Also when you do find somethign for the monte carlos it is priced way out of range comaper to any of the othres due to the lack of parts on the market. I have done the tinted windows and the rest of small things i can for my car that will make it look like a nice driver I have done the U bend delet and the cai is next and almost compelet. so i would like to do somethign diffrent then just a nice driver everoe has this. from our conversations you know i have not a issue to mod somethign if i can figure out how it was done or how to do it. hence the trunck mat that im reddoing now to get the final product done. but it is old what you have to completly faber cate everythign on the car.

I no longer restore or hotrod cars for this same reason I enjoy making things for the cars but not everythign for them .

Hell with it i think i will just satart building my own car LOL