General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: A poll
Just Me : )
28.85%
one to three people
48.08%
More then (3) people : (
5.77%
Just Service Personnel - When I can't : (
15.38%
I don't own a Monte but don't let anyone drive my vehicles
1.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Who do U Trust 2 Drive your Monte Carlo ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 11:25 AM
Default RE: Who do U Trust 2 Drive your Monte Carlo ?

LS1 346ci with T56 - MODS: SLP Lid, Pacesetter Long Tubes, Custom True Dual Exhaust with 1-Chamber Flowmasters, RPM T56, Motive 4.10:1 Gears, Hotchkis 1" lowering, Spohn Panhard Bar, Spohn Tunnel Bar, 15" Weld Prostars with Bigs and littles

Next is 125 Shot Wet Nitrous Kit and a Nitrous Supporting Cam - Looking for Mid 10's this year

Old 02-05-2008, 11:42 AM

Nice cars boost, love the Camaro. Also just sold my 88 RX7 Covt. Had new paint, tires and top, but the guy offered a price couldn't refuse. But back to the question, my mom and g/f has drove my car, I would let my dad but he hasn't driven it yet. All of them are careful drivers and know how I am about my cars. Plus my mom and dad let me drive there $40,000+ cars and are classic cars so it's fine with me.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:44 AM

I love that last generation of f-bodies, I really want to get me an '01 or '02 WS6 Trans Am, but that will be way off in the future.

As for who drives, my dad 'cause it's till in his name until the courthouse will let us add mine. My mom and sister have each driven it, but not that often, and they haven't driven it since I got the exhaust done. They claim they don't like the loud exhaust. I let my last girlfriend drive it a few times as I trusted her. No one else has driven it other than service personal, it's in the graphic shop right now and I can't wait to get it back this afternoon.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:50 AM

I almost bought a 98 WS6 with 22,000miles, exhaust and z06 rims, but I decided to get something a little newer, with more options, warrentyand since we get snow here often, sometime better in the winter. Also God_bot, getting the stripes done?

Old 02-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

I trust my wife, and three daughters to drive my car. Why? The wife is afraid of it... and my daughters are afraid of me... So, I let them drive it anytime they want, I know it will be safe!

I always know, the Service Techs are going to take it out and see what it will do... But little do they know... the car is not the same beast when they drive it vs when I drive it! It's like it is a totally different animal once I get into the car... What can I say... it likes me!!!

Old 02-05-2008, 01:32 PM

i let my girlfriend drive my baby while im in the car, on the rare occasion i let her take it out by herself i find myself nervous... im not worried about her driving skills.. its the other people on the road

Old 02-05-2008, 01:38 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

ORIGINAL: STL_CHeVY_RiDeR

im not worried about her driving skills.. its the other people on the road
That's exactly what worries me - even when I'm driving.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:33 PM

I picked only me for now. Most of my close friends have a really bad history with cars (one cut a pole in half with an older GA, another almost totalled an srt4 by sliding sideways into some trees- and so on, you get the idea).

I would let my GF drive my monte, but since I haven't had a chance to do hardly any pcm tuning- it does die occasionally at stop lights when its warm (just idles too low with stock idle, and with the lope of the cam- it can kill it). I usually pull up to lights driving 2 foot just so I can hold the brake and give it a little gas when that happens.

I wouldn't mind her driving the monte if she wasn't worried about it- she's been driving my basic bolt on gtp for awhile- and I honestly don't think she's ever got the thing into boost before.

Maybe once I get the tune dialed in and up the idle- then I'd probably answer differently.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:18 PM

I trust my wife she drives not too often but a fair ammount. She likes driving it she gets A LOT of attention and compliments LOL.
Well I guess any blonde in any car gets a lot of attention LOL.
A lot dudes try to race her. But she is a very good driver so I trust her to drive me or the monte LOL.
I trust my dad as well. He is a very defensive driver very clalm even under pressure. He drove it a few times with me in it I just wanted to see his reaction. He is into Econocars so it was fun watching him gun the 8. LOL.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:14 PM

ORIGINAL: 06MCLTZ
God_bot, getting the stripes done?
Just waiting on a friend to get out of class to take me to pick 'er up.

Edit: Just got it back and I am very satisfied, there are a few bubbles and wrinkles due to the nature of the vinyl and once it warms up I will hopefully be able to find time to work those out. Now I just need to get that damn camera...

Quick Reply: Who do U Trust 2 Drive your Monte Carlo ?