General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

when is the monte carlo coming back?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 09:26 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I just would love to see them do what they did with the 2006/7 monte having the same front end/engine as the impala but do that now with the new impalas design would be a great looking monte. The monte always looks better than the impala to me anyway. No major production changes needed just make basically the same car cut down to 2 doors how hard is that? They did it with impalas and montes before... I guess they won't be listening to me though huh?

The camaro is nice but such a different car not as comfortable inside, not a comfortable ride, rear wheel drive, no room for any passengers or cargo never liked it as much as the monte... not a replacement for me

Old 07-07-2018, 07:32 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool Check this link !?!?!?!

Well here is a link that popped up on one of my facebook groups this morning. Might be interesting read. I am not sure if it is fake news or not?
2018 Chevy Monte Carlo Price, Release Date, SS - 2018 -2019 New Cars Zone

Old 07-07-2018, 07:44 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Looks pretty nice... returning to RWD would make sense I guess if the power goes over 300hp. I would prefer we move to a mid engine monte kind of like the Ford GT maybe cost a few bucks extra? If they refuse to build us a new one we can always just cut 2 doors off a new impala

Old 07-07-2018, 08:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't understand why most cars have four doors, yet people drive alone most of the time...

And if you really want a brand-new two-door car these days, it's either:
small imported models like the Civic and the Beetle, or
dedicated performance cars like Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger, or
what I call the "executive coupes" from Audi, BMW, Lexus, etc.
(funny how there's a whole bunch of choices upwards of $45k, isn't it...)

Affordable, domestic personal luxury/sport coupe models like the Monte Carlo no longer exist. It's a real void in the automotive world.

For sure, times have changed; and they'll have to change a lot more before Chevy fields anything like the MC again... and even if they do, that coupe will likely have its own name (which is actually OK with me). I'm not counting on another "retro" craze happening in the new-car market.

Old 07-08-2018, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Well here is a link that popped up on one of my facebook groups this morning. Might be interesting read. I am not sure if it is fake news or not?
2018 Chevy Monte Carlo Price, Release Date, SS - 2018 -2019 New Cars Zone
As if the questionable grammar weren't enough of a dead giveaway, the end of the article confirms it's a scam. The pricing of WHAT current version?

I do like that interior, though. I wonder what it's actually from? I suspect the exterior is a Photoshopped SS.

Old 07-08-2018, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by Monte#3
I just would love to see them do what they did with the 2006/7 monte having the same front end/engine as the impala but do that now with the new impalas design would be a great looking monte. The monte always looks better than the impala to me anyway. No major production changes needed just make basically the same car cut down to 2 doors how hard is that? They did it with impalas and montes before... I guess they won't be listening to me though huh?

The camaro is nice but such a different car not as comfortable inside, not a comfortable ride, rear wheel drive, no room for any passengers or cargo never liked it as much as the monte... not a replacement for me
Thus we would return to 1995. No thanks.

Old 07-08-2018, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by HurricaneSSman
What was so bad about 1995? The Lumina/Monte Carlo was a nice looking car that fit in well with contemporary styling, and looked like a GM car. It didn't try to "bring back styling" from previous generations of Monte Carlo, which so many of us seem to think was a good thing when the stylists went to town on the 2000 Monte Carlo.

Old 07-08-2018, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by wolsblood07
What was so bad about 1995? The Lumina/Monte Carlo was a nice looking car that fit in well with contemporary styling, and looked like a GM car. It didn't try to "bring back styling" from previous generations of Monte Carlo, which so many of us seem to think was a good thing when the stylists went to town on the 2000 Monte Carlo.
It was a nice looking car. It was also a clone of the Lumina. While you are obviously no fan of the 6th gen, you must admit that there is no mistaking the Monte for the Impala.

In the case of mine, it also had the 4T60E and the DOHC 3.4. Both things to be avoided at all costs.

Old 07-08-2018, 10:52 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I am lost here?? the 1995 impala looks nothing like the 1995 monte carlo?

Old 07-08-2018, 10:54 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

that was supposed to be a quote @HurricaneSSman

Quick Reply: when is the monte carlo coming back?