General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Wheel Skins

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 01:24 PM

Below submitted by a Beach Bum 4 `Mike
We hope that it helps... Good Luck..
How to Paint on Leather | eHow.com

Leather; Scissors; Oils; Soldering Pencil; Acrylic paint; Brushes. Step1. Select Leather Select the leather canvas to the Paint. Can use raw leather or ...
www.ehow.com/how_4818745_paint-on-leather.html - 56k - Similar pages
http://www.ehow.com/how_4818745_paint-on-leather.html
Using Stencils for Painting a Leather Jacket: How to ...

Part of the series: How to Paint Leather Jackets. ... What you want to do when you're tracing your design is use a hard pencil, pen, or Sharpie. ...
www.ehow.com/video_4468023_using-stencils... - 68k - Similar pages
[ More results from www.ehow.com ]

Old 05-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChevySSGirl
i have a Tony Stewart one that matches the car once this one starts to go down the drain. though i've had it since i got the car and it's still like new.

I have a Dale Jr #8 wheel skin that looks very similar to the factory wheel skin. But it doesn't go all the way around. So you can tell it's an add on. (see the pic) If I could get a wheel skin like this one that would go all the way around, I'd be all over it.

But right now the interior of my Monte is completely black. If I was to get the wheel skin mentioned in this thread, I would want to get more red accents inside the car to make it all fit together properly.

Like changing the oval shaped inserts on the door panels to red leather. And doing something with the leather seats too. Like change the stitching to red, or changing the seats to black and red two tone leather seats.

Attached Thumbnails Wheel Skins-taz24a.jpg  
Old 05-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

well, i see a couple things in that pic besides the wheel cover that are stock, and already red. so you've got a head start and you don't even know it.

(i am talking about the needles on the cluster, and the hazard button )

seriously though i am with ya. i love the idea of changing the oval door inserts, i've thought about that too. i'm looking for ways to get some more small orange detailing inside the car myself. i found a stewart signature sticker that i put on the radio where the tape player would be if it had one, and a 20 sticker that i put right above the hazard button. needs more orange though.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Cool. Do you have a pic of the customizations on the dash?

Old 05-07-2009, 10:15 PM

sure. i just went out and snapped a couple and they came out kind of shoddy because it's dark, but i'm sure you'll get the idea.

this is the signature sticker on the radio:

it's hard to tell but it's black outlined in white and orange. it fit so perfect except for the "T", it just overhangs the buttons a tiny bit. it annoys me and i'm still trying to figure out how to make it look right without cutting it but i might do that.

here is the 20 above the hazard button:

i think you can tell better in the second, darker pic, but the white overlay is plastic and sort of 3-D. the orange and black underneath is like a cardstock type material. i want to cut off the little "R" in the circle that you can see, it annoys me. other than that i like it, i think it fits pretty cool there. i have to get some better adhesive for it though. it's barely stuck on.

i bought the decals as a set for $3.35 (free shipping too!) on ebay last week. i was under the impression they were plastic but they're mostly cardstock. it came with a couple other stickers, one that looks like the 20 car and one that is a green/yellow/red/checkered flag made out of fabric, those i put in the house though. and one that has TS in a circle that i put on the microwave .

Old 05-07-2009, 10:32 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

It's too bad the signature sticker wasn't a tad bit smaller. So it would fit in that spot a little better. You might be able to get the "T" looking better with some very careful cutting with a very sharp blade. Don't just cut the bottom straight. Maybe round it off to make it blend in with the rest of the sticker.

Oh yeah, I'd cut the circled "R" (registered logo) from the signature also.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:36 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Just a thought...

Ditch the sticker and get Tony to sign your dash.

Yeah, I know. Easier said than done.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:43 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Nice decals Jamie.

I went to Michael's last night... but I couldn't find any actual paint pens that I feel would work on the leather...

Old 05-08-2009, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
Just a thought...

Ditch the sticker and get Tony to sign your dash.

Yeah, I know. Easier said than done.
that would be fabulous. i would, if he was ever within kidnapping, i mean signing distance.

i saw one on autotrader the other day where at first it looked like he'd signed the dash, but it was a little too perfect and i realized it was a big vinyl decal.

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
Nice decals Jamie.

I went to Michael's last night... but I couldn't find any actual paint pens that I feel would work on the leather...
thanks, and i'm glad that you were able to check there. i have no idea where else to look, i have seen a couple online but shipping charges are outrageous for a freaking little thing like that. i'll look around some more when i have time and see what i can come up with.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:12 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

IMO I like a clean looking dash. I'm with Taz and try to get Tony's sig with a silver sharpie.

Quick Reply: Wheel Skins