General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Whazz goin' on

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 08:51 PM
Default RE: Whazz goin' on

ORIGINAL: mrl390

ORIGINAL: TheFullMonte

the used door they will get for your car will be a complete assembly andshould have all the electronics n stuffin it. some even have the door panel and switches. tell them you want the old parts, otherwise they will probably throw it away. we do at the shop i work at.
I dont think we have ever gotten a door with all the parts in it and ready to go before. Usually on a newer car it will get a new door and we have to use the parts from the old door.We dont normally get used doors for newer cars, it is usually just by request from the customer or if the customer's car isnt worth getting a new door for. When we do get a used door, usually they have been sitting outside for a while and everything is sieze up and the wires are cut, or they are already gutted from the junkyard taking it off, gutting it and putting it in stock. Never that I can remember have I been able to just bolt the door up, plug in the wiring and be done.
i guess things are done differently from shop to shop, state to state. sure, we put lots of new doors on and swap out all the parts but the majority of our junkyard stuff is complete less a few things every now and then. most of the time we have an extra door panel, switches, door glass, etc,... left over from the original door. all that stuff is thrown away on a daily basis or a decision is made by the tech on which pieces are the better of the two for installation. most of ours do have the harness cut but replacing the door harness isn't very difficult and it sure beats building the whole junkyard door. lol

Old 03-15-2008, 06:13 PM

Oh, I know to ask for all my original stuff back, that won't be a problem. I just want to get it fixed asap. Sick of looking at the damage. Not to mention I made the mistake of going through an autowash and got SOAKED. I was even pullin the door shut to try and make it seal better. Oh well, at least I thought to bring a towel to block/absorb most of it.

Oh I got under Progressive's nerves Thursday. At least my adjuster's nerves, lol. After beating around the bush she finally said ok thanks for the info and I'll send that to the subrogation dept. or whatever they call it.

Now, to see about my next 6 mos. of insuranec (just came due this month)

Old 03-24-2008, 10:59 PM

Ok all, Progressive basically gave up:

PROGRESSIVE SUCKS ****>...... DON"T BUY PROGRESSIVE AUTO INSURANCE

IF YOU HAVE IT.... GET RID OF IT (I am!)

Oh, and if anyone knows where I could find a good used 2006/2007 Silver door (silverstone metallic) I'd much appreciate the info.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:09 AM

they are not going to fix your car?
did they total it out ?

man get a good lawer on this as far as i know they have to pay for the car or total it out and pay for it this way. either way they have to pay.
now dont besuprised if they dont canel ya out to lol

Old 03-25-2008, 10:59 PM

Well, they paid me damages minus my deductable. Supposedly they're "working with the other company" granted I don't know if I should trust them but that company hasn't even heard from mine as of last week. The guy that took my statement said that progressive said liability is not determinable, and that I'm not getting my deductable back.

My point is how in the hell can I be responsible for 25% of the cost, when it's CLEARLY the other parties fault.... Dammit, look at the FU****G damage.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:15 PM

I mean you can look at the damage and see exactly what happened...

I'm just incredibly upset over the whole thing, and sick to think that this company could care less about the obvious truth because they can deny it as there are no witnesses other than the parties involved.

They aren't totaling out the car, thankfully, because the damage is estimated around 2 grand, when the car should easily be worth 10 same mileage/year etc.

Thanks for the support guys, I'll keep in touch as much as I can.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:20 AM

Man I'm sorry to hear about that. I would have been on the police dept's back though. THEY determine liability, that is why people get police reports. You should NOT be responsible for anything. Get a lawyer, (or bluff and tell Progressive/Woman's insurance company that they'll have to pay lawyer fees/court costs) And sue. There is NO reason why you need toget screwed because "Nobody can determine liability". Commone sense says: Lady pulls into parking space, HITS siliver Monte Carlo, it's her fault. It's SAD that someone is getting off the hook because no police report was filed and insurance companies suck...