Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

good goin pops

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 03:10 PM
Photobucket
Default good goin pops

well while im up north doin some work my father has the keys to my monte and apparently has been driving it without my permission. well he calls me today "hey chris i went to start your car and it wont turn over" so i tell him to make sure the chip on the key is clean ect.. then he finally puts a meter on the battery and its so dead it wont even register. well i tell him what to look for ect.. and apparently while he's cruizing ocean boulevard last saturday *7 days from today* he had my undercar neons on and forgot to turn them off. so he turned em off and tried to do a trickle charge but the batterys so dead it wont even accept a charge. so good job pops i salute you for killing my battery LOL. now those of you with 5th gens know what is involved in changing a battery and im not about to have him disconnecting stuff to try and put a new battery in. so now after working 16-18hr days in a shutdown i get to go home and immediatly fix my car lol.

have any of yall here had to deal with friends or families ignorance dealing with your personal vehicle? if so plz do tell

Old 04-26-2008, 03:16 PM
Default RE: good goin pops

Sorry to hear bout that Chris...I told Cindy that the next time she has a problem with her `97 she would have ta deal with it herself....`but I know that would never happen! Good luck man...just did the detailing on my `98 and I`` take sum pics of her and give ya a buzz....she looks awsum! Laters..

Old 04-26-2008, 03:30 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My dad was riding with his neighbor in the neighbor's new car a couple years ago (Impala).
All of a sudden the car just dies in the middle of a major street. Coincidentally, a few short blocks from a Chevy dealership. They try to start it. Won't start. Starter is working fine, just won't start. My dad asks if there's gas in the tank. Neighbor says it shows half a tank.

They run to the Chevy dealer, and bring a service guy to the car with them.
Service guy turns the key, looks at the guages and tells them they were looking at the voltage guage. The gas guage reads empty. They're out of gas.

D'OH!!!

Old 04-26-2008, 03:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Taz

My dad was riding with his neighbor in the neighbor's new car a couple years ago (Impala).
All of a sudden the car just dies in the middle of a major street. Coincidentally, a few short blocks from a Chevy dealership. They try to start it. Won't start. Starter is working fine, just won't start. My dad asks if there's gas in the tank. Neighbor says it shows half a tank.

They run to the Chevy dealer, and bring a service guy to the car with them.
Service guy turns the key, looks at the guages and tells them they were looking at the voltage guage. The gas guage reads empty. They're out of gas.

D'OH!!!
^ lol

Old 04-26-2008, 03:50 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome back Bill!

Old 04-26-2008, 03:55 PM

Thanks Taz.

My stupid brother parked the work van next to my car to unload some stuff into the garage and flung open the huge one peice back door and injected some rust into my plastic bumpers. This was less than a week of having the car.....grrrrr!

Old 04-26-2008, 04:27 PM

i love that one TAZ!!

here si one for ya. keep in mind im the kid in this story.

we were ready to go to vacation. heading out of town and right before hand my father needs his eyes checked and had to get some new glasses due to him runnign his over the night before.

So me beign the kid i am when asked if he could barrow my nice NEWLY RESTORED56 CHEVY
I SAY NOT NO BUT OHELL NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

and i get told to give up the keys as it is DAD!!
well the 56 was a 3 in the tree and i knew he knew how to drive it. well ok i thought he did.
it is about a hour or so after he left i get a phone call. DID YOU COME MOVE YOUR CAR?
IT IS NOT A FUNNY JOKE AT ALL YOU NEED TO TELL ME WHERE YOU PUT IT SO WE CAN GET READY TO LEAVE!!!
now keep in mind this is me as a 16year old kid, and had just finished putting in over 10,000 in to the car for paint and body work and it took me for EVER to save the money !!

THEN I GET A CALL FROM DAD!! IS MOM THERE?
so i hand the phone over, and i hear here say he was here all day hasent gone no where!!
then i hear ARE YOU KIDDING!!!!!
the phone hangs up and i get told common we need to go !
where are we going ?
to get lunch!! you need to help hold drinks.
SO we go to get lunch and im sitting in the drive threw So we head home and my mom is trying everything to tell me abotu my car. About this time
i see my CAR ON THE TOW TRUCK GOING TO THE HOUSE!!!!! pass us goign up the hill.

i take a dubbel take on it and say what the hell? then i get well you know he knows how to drive really good so it should be repairabel. we hope!

SEEMS SOMEONE THAT IS SUPOSED TO BE A ADULT!! HERE FOR GOT TO PUT THE CAR IN GEAR WHEN HE PARKED IT!!!!!!!

So for the next two weeks all i could do was go threw the Ozarks and think that my car was tore up and i really didnt want to be there anymore. But i had to help with th edriving this was the deal for me to leave latter that year to go back to Ohio and get my Harley from the barn. that i was hoping to finish up.

SO belive me it could be alot worse!!
here is the real kick in the ****!!
I was told mom and dad would take care of the repairs and get the car fixed to wher eit was again. yeah well im still waiting on them to pay for it. i had to foot the bills and also it was my ins. that had to pick up the tab thansk to him being on the policy and the full coverage on the car it was taken care of other then the 1000.00 ded. i had so i could affored the ins. to begin with . and after all was said and done it rose the insurance to the point i could not affored it now.

anyway i ended up having to give up gettign my Harley as i could not affored to go get it now. SO i went the next year.

Old 04-26-2008, 04:48 PM

The first week i had my monte home my mom upened her door of her tahoein to my passenger side doorand took about an inch long by about and 1/2 inch wide piece of paint of my car all the way down to the primer. needles to say i was a little more than Fing mad.

Old 04-26-2008, 05:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

lol! thats funny! where was he getting the key from to drive it? lol , thats still funny! sorry chris, but its kind of a funny story

Old 04-26-2008, 05:36 PM

Hey `Chris,
Atleast you have a awesome Monte Carlo to come home to.
Batteries can be replaced, father's can not.
I'm sure he meant no harm, and `if I was your dad,
I'd want to cruise around in your Monte,
turn on all the lights, and listen to your Bad A$$ sound system.
Race anyone that pulled next to me : ) Leave the
gas tank empty, throw beer cans in the back seat,
pick up ladies for a `joy ride, etc [8D]
Forgive him, like he has forgiven you : )
EnJoy & Be Thankful to `be, to `have, to live....
Giv'in `Up to Get, Giv'in `Up to Keep
Wish Ua `Happy,
from `Space

Quick Reply: good goin pops