General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

What's your Monte Worth to you ?

Old 11-04-2010, 05:33 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question What's your Monte Worth to you ?

Hi Member's,
What do you think your Monte Carlo is
worth today ? $ ? What's the Value ?
- What would you sell it for `if you had to sell ?
Please post your Retail Price $
If your Monte was Stolen , what would
you tell your insurance company that
you wanted for your Monte ?
What dollar $$$ Amount $__________
* Please don't post, I will never sell.
Trying to see what you believe is the value of your Monte Carlo
compared to the prices that sites like Kelly Blue book/Edmunds
puts on your car.

http://www.kbb.com/
Example:
2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo S.S.
17,500 miles
alls options
BLUE BOOK® SUGGESTED RETAIL VALUE

Kelley Blue Book Suggested Retail Value is representative of dealers' asking prices for a used car, and the starting point for negotiation between a consumer and a dealer. This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the vehicle has been fully reconditioned and has a clean title history, but has not been certified in accordance with any Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) program the automaker may offer (for which it may or may not qualify, according to factors such as vehicle age and mileage). This value also takes into account the dealers' profit, costs for advertising, sales commissions and other costs of doing business. The final sale price will likely be less depending on the vehicle's actual condition, popularity, type of warranty offered and local market conditions.

More Photos
Condition ValueExcellent
$20,440

Suggested Retail Value Assumes Excellent Condition More
Above is from above link
BLUE BOOK® TRADE-IN VALUE

Kelley Blue Book Trade-In Value is the amount consumers can expect to receive from a dealer for a trade-in vehicle, assuming an accurate appraisal of the vehicle's condition, mileage and features. This value will likely be less than the Private Party Value because the reselling dealer incurs the cost of safety inspections, reconditioning and other costs of doing business.

Condition ValueExcellent
$14,625
Good
$13,825
Fair
$12,425
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Add the cost of your Mod's in your Retail Selling Price.
Thanks, we look forward to reading
your posted price(s)
Peace

Last edited by Space; 11-04-2010 at 06:21 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:45 AM

For my '02 Monte with 135K miles + options, KBB says it's is worth about $6,625; NADA says about $6775 retail value. But would I sell it for that? Nope. The stated monetary value sounds about right. But its 'value' to me is much more than that. It would cost much more to find a car in the same condition and level of reliability. I've owned this car since day 1 and know how it's been maintained. Other than a transmission rebuild (and I consider that to be my fault) and a flaky Passlock system, it's been/continues to be a great car. I plan to keep it 'til it dies. Unless someone offers me an absurd amount of money for it...

Old 11-04-2010, 08:20 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

KBB says 6950, NADA says 7150 They're both crazy, LOL, mine's not the regular MC, it's a DE Edition AND it's my baby!
Hope I never have to fight with the insurance over it because I know whatever they say it's worth will never be enough for me. I'm married to that thing, for better or worse (even if I have repace every working part on it) 'til death do us part and then if I have my way, it'll go with me, no need to buy a coffin, just prop me up in the drivers seat.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:21 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

My Monte has the appearance of a brand new car inside and out. The only negative my Monte has against it, is its mileage. I'm pushing 130,000 miles on a 2006, which is very high mileage. However its runs and drives like the day I bought it. To me, its worth more than I could ever get money wise for it.

KBB says its worth about $7,500, for private party sale, and about $10,000 suggested retail value. I know the main reason it blue books that low is the fact that it has such high mileage. But like I said, the mileage means nothing to me, and doesnt seem to affect the way it runs...high mileage or not, its still a goreous car in excellent condition that I will continue to drive for years to come.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:37 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

KBB says my 03 is worth $9220 in excellent condition private party but I probably wouldn't sell it for that or any price for that matter.
KBB says my 05 is worth $10240 in good condition and that it is worth more than I paid for it 2 years ago.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:06 AM

Member's for posting your information about your
Monte Carlo.
I believe the Monte Carlo is a great automotive investment
and that a owner gets a lot of bang for their $'s investment.
I also believe that a well maintained Monte Carlo should
never be traded in, & should be sold by the owner
to get Top $'s & not have a dealer make the profit.

I hope many more member's post on their value of
their Monte Carlo's.
I've enjoyed reading the above post(s) by member's.
Wish everyone safe/happy miles
in their
Chevrolet Monte Carlo.
EnJoy

Old 11-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Whatever some one is willing to give me. lol

KBB Private Party = $14,905 (excellent) & $14,105 (good)
KBB Trade-in = $12,875 (excellent) & $12,175 (good)
NADA Trade-in = $14,150 (clean) & $13,200 (average)
NADA Retail = $17,100 (clean)

Old 11-05-2010, 08:37 AM

provided byBonus by `Kid Space
Cars That Lose Their Value Fastest

Think sports cars and flashy SUVs depreciate the most? Think again.

By Hannah Elliott

2010 Mercedes-Benz S550

If you went out this weekend and spent $58,400 on a shiny new 2010 BMW M3 coupe, you'd get more than a sweet new ride--you'd get a good investment. Odds are, a new M3 will trade in for at least $26,000 five years from now, a total depreciation of 56%. It might not sound like much, but it's a fortune compared to some other car models.

MORE AT FORBES.COM
Take the Chevrolet Cobalt and the Mercury Grand Marquis. These cars retain less than 20% of their initial values after five years of ownership--a total depreciation of more than 80%. That puts them both near the top of the list of cars that lose their value the fastest.

Why do the Cobalt and Grand Marquis lose so much value? In part, it's because neither model has been updated in awhile, and their parent companies have had ongoing financial and operational troubles. That means used-car buyers, who care most about reliability and overall value, aren't as inclined to buy them as they might a car from another brand. "The automotive industry is so competitive these days that you're seeing vehicles being redesigned every four or five years," says Eric Ibara, the director of residual consulting for Kelley Blue Book. "If you see a vehicle that is in its fourth or fifth year and not doing well selling [new] retail, it would tend to not hold its value as well as its competitors."

Behind the Numbers

To determine which cars lose their value the fastest, we turned to Kelley Blue Book, an Irvine, Calif.-based valuation company that determines resale prices for used cars. They define resale value as the projected market value of a vehicle at a specific time: For our purposes, we evaluated vehicles from 24 to 60 months after purchase, to get a more complete picture of how--and when--different cars lose their value.

New cars typically lose about 20% of their value the moment they're driven off the lot, and about 65% after five years. But some models fare much worse, like the Mercedes-Benz S-Class S65. After five years, this luxury sedan loses 84% of its purchase price.

You Get What You Pay For

Still, high-end cars and SUVs are generally leaders when it comes to resale value. Sports cars, crossovers and SUVs typically retain roughly 40% of their original purchase price after five years of ownership. One example renowned for holding resale value: the Mini Cooper, which retains 52% of its value after five years.

The cars that lose value quickly tend to cluster on the other end of the automotive spectrum--budget-friendly subcompacts like the Kia Rio and Hyundai Accent. And autos made by companies that are experiencing financial problems--like Chrysler's Sebring and Saab's 9-3--also have trouble retaining value.

Many of the subcompacts on our list have been sold in large quantities to fleets, which immediately diminishes their value. That's also why cars from financially distressed companies lose their value--part of the reason why companies like Chrysler are in trouble is because they depended on these large fleet purchases, which artificially inflate sales numbers but decrease the value of the vehicles.

Depreciation Is Everything

Residual value matters because depreciation is the largest single cost of owning a car. Take the Lexus IS250. It costs $33,015 to buy, but loses more than $18,000 of that to depreciation over five years, according to data from Vincentric, an auto-industry analysis firm in Bloomfield Hills, Mich. Compared with the secondary costs of fuel ($10,035), insurance ($7,442) and maintenance ($2,734), depreciation eats a big chunk of driver expenses each year. (Vincentric assumes 15,000 miles driven per vehicle annually, and a price of $2.60 for regular fuel, $2.86 for premium and $2.75 for diesel. It also applies an inflation rate for the fuel prices, since the calculations predict costs over five years.)

The best way to avoid deprecation is to drive fewer miles, says Ibara. And resist the temptation to detail your car in a way that may not appeal to future owners: Silver cars appeal to most second-hand buyers; a pink car does not.

That means you should be wary of highly customizable vehicles like Smart's tiny Fortwo: Sure, it's an inexpensive purchase, costing just $21,635 for a base model. But the car quickly loses 63% of its value in 24 months, and retains just 17% of its initial worth after five years. The Hello Kitty wrap offered as a customized option will do nothing to help bolster resale value. Avoid that appliqué and the 22 others in Smart's "Expressions" line if you want any chance of reselling the vehicle.

There is hope for some of the cars on this list, according to Ibara: Just wait until next year, when their (finally) updated versions hit showrooms. "The Kia Optima is in its fifth year, but the redesign, which is coming out in 2011, is a fabulous vehicle," he says. "That redesign is not going to be on this list."

Top Five Cars That Lose Their Value Fastest

Chrysler Sebring

Trim: LX Convertible
MSRP: $28,590
Percent of total value retained after 24 months: 35%
Percent of total value retained after 36 months: 27%
Percent of total value retained after 48 months: 21%
Percent of total value retained after 60 months: 16%

Mercedes-Benz S-Class

Trim: S65 Sedan
MSRP: $205,025
Percent of total value retained after 24 months: 36%
Percent of total value retained after 36 months: 28%
Percent of total value retained after 48 months: 22%

Kia Sedona

Trim: LX Minivan
MSRP: $24,990
Percent of total value retained after 24 months: 38%
Percent of total value retained after 48 months: 20%

Lincoln Town Car

Trim: Signature Sedan
MSRP: $47,470
Percent of total value retained after 24 months: 53%
Percent of total value retained after 60 months: 17%

Mercury Grand Marquis

Trim: LS Sedan
MSRP: $30,285
Percent of total value retained after 24 months: 32%
Percent of total value retained after 36 months: 26%
Percent of total value retained after 60 months: 17%

Click here to see the full list of Cars That Lose Their Value Fastest

Recent Articles

Seven Clunker Cars To Avoid
5 Reasons Electric Cars Will Disappoint
Corralling Cargo: How to Shop for an Easy Loader

Pontiac, maker of muscle cars, ends after 84 years
Not Available For Sale Here
Consumer Reports’ Most Reliable Cars

Old 11-05-2010, 11:53 AM
rj
15 Year Member

What's your Monte Worth to you ?

More then a ride in KidSpace mobile.

"Do You Believe?"
Yes. I believe the Chevy Monte Carlo is one of the best autos of all times.

Old 11-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

acording to KBB its worth something like $1500 in good condition last i checked. i think i would want about $50,000 for mine, but would take $2500 if the buyer bought me lunch, lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What's your Monte Worth to you ?