General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

>What's your Monte Worth ?<

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 10:30 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep

How deep are your pockets?

If you can find the right head-unit, Stattama is willing to one-off the kit again for people. I asked them when I got my head-unit, but they luckily had a car being parted out that had 75% of the pieces that I needed. The biggest part is the main drive-shaft and I think they said they can remake it for about $800. Granted you still need the right cogs and pulleys and brackets, but it's still doable.
My pockets are deeper if I blow less money haha. I could have 5 grand in five months and still be living pretty good. Another thing iv considered is zzp's l36 super charger (no top swap version) which ill check out when I go to grand rapids michigan next year. I know you make tons of money chibi cause my brother who was a programer for tmobile just got back home witha caddilac cts and more money in the bank then he knows to do with. Oh and a steam library for the record books. Lol.

Old 12-11-2013, 10:45 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't make a ton of money, my wife and I have a decent joint income and I am very budget conscience. I work hard on my goals and save save save.

I would skip the ZZP kit. If you are top-swapping, do the full top-swap so you aren't limited to ZZP's custom made belts and pulleys. Or look at their budget turbo. By the time you have that "supercharger" kit put together, it will be almost the same price as their Z3

Old 12-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I don't make a ton of money, my wife and I have a decent joint income and I am very budget conscience. I work hard on my goals and save save save.

I would skip the ZZP kit. If you are top-swapping, do the full top-swap so you aren't limited to ZZP's custom made belts and pulleys. Or look at their budget turbo. By the time you have that "supercharger" kit put together, it will be almost the same price as their Z3
Budget consciousness is something I may have but haven't chosen to enforce upon myself. Maturity comes with age and I am learning some more important things. Turbo or super either would make me happy eventually. Hopefully this is the only winter I will have to DD my monte and then I can get a cheaper DD and really put money into red. Thanks for the advice.

Old 12-11-2013, 02:10 PM
Monte of the Month -- October 2013
3 Year Member1 Year Member

all that did was **** me off. joke!joke!joke! thieves indeed.

Old 12-11-2013, 02:28 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

I trust Kelley blue book for values. You have to figure, most of us think our cars are worth more than they really are since they're special to us.

Private party value for my cars.
04 Intimidator in very good condition: $7,043
97 monte in fair condition: $1,031

Old 12-11-2013, 03:43 PM

,>"A vehicle is only worth what a buyer is willing 2 'pay"

My 'ride is worth more 2 'me then any auto value book/site
I've checked. That's why I've kept it so long.
But, I might have it sold for over $2k over any
book value. I think it's because I have
all my records & it's top condition.
It still looks like new.

It takes time to find the right buyer
that knows cars & their condition &
they will pay way above book values
(That's my 1cent opinion)

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 12-11-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member

Mine is Worth an Arm and a leg, a heart and Soul, Plenty of Bloody Knuckles, Sweat and Tears!
It was said hear that any car is only worth what the next buyer is willing to pay for it. I say Bull Pucky!
Your car is worth what you put into it. To you, it's current owner. That is the most important opinion of the value of your Monte. Because that is how much you value it. A car who's owner neglects it, isnt worth anything to that owner. A car who's owner takes pride in it has great value!
If you LOVE your Monte, don't concern yourself with the Resale Value, concern yourself with the Personal Value. Because for as long as you own it, Love it, and Take Care of it, it has Great value to you!
I Love my Monte!

Old 12-11-2013, 10:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If I change the ZIP code for the KBB lookup from California to say, Arkansas the value goes up.

West Coast penalty I guess since it's not a hybrid or has the word 'Honda' on the rear decklid.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

All I know mine is insuranced with Barrett Jackson insurance and if something happen s stolen totaled I get a check for 45k
So that would be the only way I would get anything for the Monte because its in the family forever.

Last edited by Mels SS; 12-18-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:41 PM
Thumbs up "More precious then 'GOLD"

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 12-18-2013 at 12:44 PM.

Quick Reply: >What's your Monte Worth ?<