General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

What's it worth? 2002 pace car edition...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 11:37 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Is that a Pace Car? It's missing quite a few of the graphics. Though I know those were optional...
Even the Nascar flags had to be installed by the dealer on all the Pace cars. The decals came in a box in the trunk. It was the owner's decision to have the decals put on or not.

I know I've seen at least one 2003 Pace car with zero decals on it.

And if the original owner of this '02 Pace car was like the original owner of our '03 Pace car not all the decals were installed. Leaving any other owners to either live without the missing decals or find a source for them.

PS. I think this car would look good setting in my drive next to our '03 Pace car.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:42 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I knew that you could choose not to install them, that's why I mentioned the optional thing.

But the amount of fake ones that you see is so high, I was just curious

Old 06-01-2010, 11:46 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You asked a valid question.

And like you say. There's some faker ones that if you were looking it'd be difficult to choose a real one if you weren't sure what to look for.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:24 PM

Didn't see anyone post nada on here. Go to www.nada.com and enter the car, mileage, all the options it has. They usually give you the best and most realistic value of the car. When my 2003 Monte Carlo SS high sport edition was wrecked I went through my insurance company, Progressive, and they used NADA as their guide. My '03 SS was in excellent condition with 67,000 miles. Progressive gave me $10,750 for my Monte Carlo, I think that's definitely the most I could've gotten out of it.

With that extra money I went off to replace the Monte and got a Camaro instead, so I can relate to you when you say you wanted a Monte but got a Camaro instead. It's great to see another Camaro driver on this forum. I've only had mine for a couple weeks, some day I hope to beautify it a bit, bring it up to somewhere near your level. Yours is so sweet.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Quatermain S/C SS
Didn't see anyone post nada on here. Go to www.nada.com and enter the car, mileage, all the options it has. They usually give you the best and most realistic value of the car. When my 2003 Monte Carlo SS high sport edition was wrecked I went through my insurance company, Progressive, and they used NADA as their guide. My '03 SS was in excellent condition with 67,000 miles. Progressive gave me $10,750 for my Monte Carlo, I think that's definitely the most I could've gotten out of it.

With that extra money I went off to replace the Monte and got a Camaro instead, so I can relate to you when you say you wanted a Monte but got a Camaro instead. It's great to see another Camaro driver on this forum. I've only had mine for a couple weeks, some day I hope to beautify it a bit, bring it up to somewhere near your level. Yours is so sweet.
people pay more for rare things, that site doesnt care if its rare, to it this is just another car.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bubbles420
people pay more for rare things, that site doesnt care if its rare, to it this is just another car.
It takes into consideration the special package of car that it may be, and gives you a realistic figure of what the car can sell for. This may be a limited edition pace car Monte Carlo, that might up the value $500-$1,000 at most. It's not rare like a '69 Stingray Vette.