General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Whats the proudest you've been?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool Whats the proudest you've been?

So as the title says, whats the proudest you've ever been to own your monte? For me its been a couple times. A good friend of mine needed a ride home from work once, so I picked him up and drove him home, afterall whats a friend for? So anyway we get to his home and he gets out of my car. His mom is sitting on the front step of thier house and she gets up and asks "who the hell drove you home?" she then proceedes to recognize who I was and walks right up to my car and says "Daaaaammnn! How much is insurance on this b!tch?! This thing is a damn sports car!" lol needless to say it made me feel good to be behind the wheel.
The other time was fresh after a detail and I wanted to cruise around a little. I found myself behind a truck with a couple guys in the bed holding down some construction materials cause they didnt have any straps I guess. We get up to a stop light and they get in a turn lane while I stayed in the main one a couple car lengths back.I notice one of the guys in the bed pointing my car out to the other. As The light turned green and failed to give a turn arrow I passed the truck and saw the guys in the truck smiling and shooting me very positive thumbs up as I passed. It felt good especialy after I slaved away half my day to make it look nice.
So has anyone else had some good experiences with their monte?

Old 06-05-2009, 11:50 PM

just looking at a sometimes, i just get that feeling lol. people are always saying its a nice looking car. even other montes check mine out with a smile.

Last edited by sonin66; 06-06-2009 at 12:21 AM.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:21 AM

My proudest `Moment is when I was given the keys
to my first Monte, got in & fired `up
and drove `off on my highways of `Life.

I really gave `up a lot to get my first Monte, but
it was worth giving `up to have such a great car.

To me my Monte was a SuperTouringCoupe with
great torque & power for a V-6.

I didn't get it to Race, but to be able to have
room for friends in a Wind Tunnel DeSigned
Body that looks good sitting still, or better in motion.

In stock form it performs great on the road,
and even the FWD provides great traction/control
in the heavey tropical rains.

The cabin/seats/features provide all that is needed,
and even the stock sound system is decent.

I think the Monte Carlo is the best kept secret in the
automotive industry. I think one gets a lot for their investment,
and if one treats their Monte with love,
it will love you back for many carefree miles.
4-Sure
I believe for the $'s, the Monte Carlo is the best dailey
driver for all occassions/circumstances encountered
on the highways of life...4-Sure.

I am Proud to have owned two Monte, and
Search'in 4 a Third

Last edited by Space; 07-13-2009 at 05:56 AM.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:23 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm proud of my car whenever someone stops me to talk about it. Now mine is basically a stock car still, and I get other Monte Carlos stopping next to mine after I wash it and just asking me all I've done, or thinking it's a lot newer than it is. When I drop the words "it's 9 years old" people's jaws drop and can't believe it.

Here is a good example just today! I pulled up to get gas before I got to my mechanic, and I was behind a silver 01 SS getting gas also. I got out and said nice car... and he laughed and then noticed I had the same thing! haha, but he started asking questions about mine and all that. Couldn't believe it when I told him mine was older than his with triple the mileage :P

Also when it won Monte of the Month...

Old 06-06-2009, 02:58 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

man everytime i see your posts all i think of is 160,00 + miles, wow that is huge, great job in keeping it lookin sweet, see ya

Old 06-06-2009, 06:46 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I have gotten a couple of thumbs up with both cars!

Old 06-07-2009, 01:08 AM

just got a "thats a nice ride" last night (@ 3 in the morning!) at wally world. my proudest moment has to be a few years back when i lived in PA. i would go to O.C. maryland during the summer. i went to a IHOP and owner was in the parking lot. he walked over and was staring at my car! we talked alittle and i went to eat. a year latter i went back to IHOP and there he was again, in the parking lot. and once again.... needless to say, someone remembering my monte a year later and only seeing it once, made me proud!

Old 06-07-2009, 01:57 AM

I would say going to see her for the first time. I ran the tip of my fingers on the side of her and was love at first sight. I then drove her and was in love ever since. Bought her, then a week later my dad had to drive it home (insurance reasons). Then it snowed and a week later I was legally able to drive her. Then I had to think of a name...."hmm, who was a bad *** and was famous with Red?...wait, Lucy!" haha. The rest is history. Though, I feel the same "proudness" as I did when I first got her and love her dearly. It's always a good sign of love when no one has the ***** park next to you at work .

Last edited by PINKFLOYD_; 06-07-2009 at 01:59 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:31 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

I get a lot of compliments on my Monte all the time, but there are two that really stand out in my head...

First, I was on my way to work one day, and an older guy (probably early 70') pulls up next to me at a stop light and motioned for me to roll down the window...(I thought he was lost or something) but he wanted to tell me that I had one of the best looking cars he had seen, and the color was great.

Second, I was on my way home from work, off the highway, about two blocks from home...some guy in a Ford Taurus pulls up along side me and said "I see you driving around here all the time, and your car always grabs my attention." He then asked "So I take it thats a custom paint job?" I said no its stock...his mouth dropped, then I said, you should see it when its clean...he said "wow, awesome car man!"

The second story was probably my favorite. But anytime I even see people checking it out, it makes me feel proud to own my Monte!

Old 06-20-2009, 12:55 PM

When i was able to fit my 18" Kicker into the trunk. Last weekend i was at a light with my wife, and a guy in a truck came up behind us blasting his stereo (it was mainly just treble). So my wife tol d me to turn mine up. As soon as the bass hit the guy a car ahead of us and one lane over, flung his door open, leaned out of his car looking at his back tire and under his car. after he didnt see anything he started looking around and seen us. he was laughing. it scared him.

Quick Reply: Whats the proudest you've been?