General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

>What's the fastest you've driven your Monte Carlo ?<

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 11:35 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
The 6th gens speedometers actually go to 140mph, least the "Limited Edition" ones do...

I love those gauges man! Do those come stock for the limited edition ones? Also the OMG after 140 gave me a chuckle lol

Old 08-02-2014, 03:52 PM

The 6th gens speedometers actually go to 140mph, least the "Limited Edition" ones do...

That's the exact dash cluster I have on my '01 minus the "limited edition" and checker flags. In fact mine even has the "trac off" and "brake" lights illuminated. LOL

The last time I had mine to 120 was right after I had replaced the PCV valve I'm sure that had nothing to do with it but it was almost like it was a couple miles an hour faster after replacing that?

Old 08-02-2014, 07:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by xxfallen-comradexx
I love those gauges man! Do those come stock for the limited edition ones? Also the OMG after 140 gave me a chuckle lol
The Limited Edition gauge faces are somewhat similiar. Mine actually had the LE gauge faces from the factory, thats why I had the same text added to this new gauge face. Thanks for the OMG recognition, I had to do something custom there.

Old 08-02-2014, 07:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by michelob
That's the exact dash cluster I have on my '01 minus the "limited edition" and checker flags. In fact mine even has the "trac off" and "brake" lights illuminated. LOL

The last time I had mine to 120 was right after I had replaced the PCV valve I'm sure that had nothing to do with it but it was almost like it was a couple miles an hour faster after replacing that?
Cool you have gauges something like the ones I have. They probably look BA on your car. Yours cannot have the incrementally larger red line going around the gauge face, and I had small red lines put around the message centers, right??? The Checkered flags images I found online and the Limited Edition was in fact on my factory gauges, so had that feature put on these too. They had never done that before. LOL, your not a mad man like me are you? These were custom one off gauge faces I designed. Post a pic of yours.

Next good chance I get I will see if I can hit the OMG, Matt says he don't know why the Monte can't reach 160 / 165. The OMG is about like Johns 150ish mark he hit.

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 08-02-2014 at 07:54 PM.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:19 PM

Cool you have gauges something like the ones I have. They probably look BA on your car. Yours cannot have the incrementally larger red line going around the gauge face, and I had small red lines put around the message centers, right??? The Checkered flags images I found online and the Limited Edition was in fact on my factory gauges, so had that feature put on these too. They had never done that before. LOL, your not a mad man like me are you? These were custom one off gauge faces I designed. Post a pic of yours.

Next good chance I get I will see if I can hit the OMG, Matt says he don't know why the Monte can't reach 160 / 165. The OMG is about like Johns 150ish mark he hit.
Well by "exact" I meant as in layout I should have used better wording probably LOL. I don't have the white although its cool as hell looking. My wife has the white clusters in her '05 Trailblazer (I think LOL).

I will post up a pic of my ride though since I have not posted any pics.

Attached Thumbnails &gt;What's the fastest you've driven your Monte Carlo ?&lt;-pict0001.jpg  
Old 08-03-2014, 06:33 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Years ago I had the Deuce Pegged (140) when I went up against a Mustang GT..

I dont do that anymore

On our Route 66 trip with the Deuce I was on 66 in the New Mexico desert when a group of corvettes flew by me. I was poking along being legal when Ronda told me
"Oh go ahead I know you want to" I pulled out of the slow lane and fell in behind the Vettes we had our cruse control set at 110

Old 08-03-2014, 01:38 PM

Does anyone know where a stock SS governs out at? Curious to know where mine will go to. I did 110 passing a convoy of trucks yesterday no problem.

Old 08-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Originally Posted by 00MonteCarloSS
Does anyone know where a stock SS governs out at? Curious to know where mine will go to. I did 110 passing a convoy of trucks yesterday no problem.
Stock SS's from 2000-2003 are set to 120.

Old 08-03-2014, 04:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Jason (Maniac) would be proud to know:

Yesterday as I was going down telegraph a Chrysler 300 S kept taunting me as we were running south bound on telegraph towards I-75... Everytime I changed lanes he would also and try to get beside me... I guess he didn't like looking at my new MEANZ-34 license plate..

As I got on to I-75 (its 2 lane entrance) he pulled up besides me and hits the Gas... So, I did too... By the time we hit the last curve to enter the freeway I was pulling him by an easy car length (which was about 1/4 mile long entrance to the freeway) I happen to look in my mirror and I was really pulling hard from him now and I shifted into over drive.. at about 120+ needless to say.. I see his nose of the car dive.. (I guess he hit his rev limiter) and I was gone like a fart in the wind....
Speedo was pegged and it was still pulling!

Did I mention...
Jason had reset my PCM's speed/rev limiter over 240+ last year at a car show lizzy and I attended with him last summer..

Anyway..
I slowed and he finally caught up as I had slowed to 70 mph... Looks over at me and gave me a thumbs up and shook his head... I guess he couldn't believe he got beat by such an "Old" Monte Carlo...
Love it!

That's the 1st time in a long long long time ... That I even thought about doing something like that... I'm to old for that much adrenalin...

Last edited by STUMPMI; 08-03-2014 at 04:55 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:22 PM

info centre says average 67kms\hr.....what can I say I'm old man!!

Quick Reply: >What's the fastest you've driven your Monte Carlo ?<