General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

What were you first 5 Monte mods?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 10:32 PM

The neatest thing I'v plade with is EL wire. If your still into playing with lighting you should try it. I still have more lights to work on.
Honestly, I'm past that stage on the monte now (adding more lights). My taste has changed a bit, and the monte now gets more than enough attention without anything else to draw attention. I'm trying to make the rest of the car more subtle, so it isn't sensory overload (which is why I took off the stripes and side bowtie when I did the L67 swap).

Of course, with that said- I did add some more lights last weekend, lol. I added about 20" worth of white LED strip just beneath the overhang of the upper radiator support. For the most part, I just added this for when I go to cruise ins and stuff at night, where you only have the parking lot lamps to illuminate the area. If you're not parked near one, it's a bit hard for people to see what's under the hood once the sun goes down. Only reason I put them in now with so many other unfinished parts is because I wanted to get the wiring done on the front end (IC fans, etc)- so I wanted to make sure these were in the wire bundle so it would look cleaner.

Quick pic (phone camera, makes it look a lot more blue than it really is- they are pure white in person):

Name:  IMAG0278.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  35.8 KB

So i guess that makws us the same age . When do you turn 30?
Ick, don't mention that terrible number!

I turn 30 in May how about you? I'm sticking to the fact that I'm only about 29 and half for now

Old 01-25-2014, 10:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte
Honestly, I'm past that stage on the monte now (adding more lights). My taste has changed a bit, and the monte now gets more than enough attention without anything else to draw attention. I'm trying to make the rest of the car more subtle, so it isn't sensory overload (which is why I took off the stripes and side bowtie when I did the L67 swap).

Of course, with that said- I did add some more lights last weekend, lol. I added about 20" worth of white LED strip just beneath the overhang of the upper radiator support. For the most part, I just added this for when I go to cruise ins and stuff at night, where you only have the parking lot lamps to illuminate the area. If you're not parked near one, it's a bit hard for people to see what's under the hood once the sun goes down. Only reason I put them in now with so many other unfinished parts is because I wanted to get the wiring done on the front end (IC fans, etc)- so I wanted to make sure these were in the wire bundle so it would look cleaner.

Quick pic (phone camera, makes it look a lot more blue than it really is- they are pure white in person):

I turn 30 in May how about you? I'm sticking to the fact that I'm only about 29 and half for now
Looking pretty trick there, I like your logic and out of need your underhood lighting solution. I might copy you, looks pretty trick blinging out all your chrome and other components.

Old 01-25-2014, 10:49 PM

Is that a whipple! Sell it to me now

Old 01-25-2014, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Looking pretty trick there, I like your logic and out of need your underhood lighting solution. I might copy you, looks pretty trick blinging out all your chrome and other components.
Thanks!

I tried putting them in all sorts of places in the engine bay with painters tape to hold them on temporarily, and that spot seemed about the best compromise of having good light position, and not being able to see the bulbs. With how deep that lip is on top, you have to get pretty far around the sides of the car before you can see the LED strips.

Is that a whipple! Sell it to me now
Yeah, it's a 140ax. Definitely not looking to sell it any time soon- especially with all the work I've put into it! Haven't even had a chance to drive it yet with the new adapters/IC since I took the old Animul adapter plates off over a year ago...

So as not to derail this thread too much, here's a link to my latest update thread:

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/ge...-update-44958/

Last edited by bumpin96monte; 01-25-2014 at 11:10 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:20 PM

Oh so correct me if I'm wrong but the 140 is not the correct whipple that used to be sold. Which I seen people having over 600hp. I seen 140's going for like 3-5k

Old 01-26-2014, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by 04 SS/SC
Oh so correct me if I'm wrong but the 140 is not the correct whipple that used to be sold. Which I seen people having over 600hp. I seen 140's going for like 3-5k
It's pretty much the same supercharger as the other 3800 whipple builds, it's just a 2.3L. Back in the day, the original kits used to use a 2300ax, but they're basically the same thing. Still a good bit bigger than the stock 90 cubic inch blower.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:28 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Here's the list of first 5 for my previous 2003 SS, and obviously the 03 doesn't exist anymore after being totaled.

1. AVS headlight covers
2. Painted brake calipers red
3. K&N FilterCharger Air Filter (drop-in panel air filter)
4. Window tint (20% sides/back)
5. Subwoofer install (12” Alpine Type-R w/Alpine mono amplifier)

Old 02-04-2014, 03:09 PM

1-35% window tint (max legal in TN)
2-Amber interior lighting
3-10" Memphis sub
4-Backup Camera
5-XBMC in-dash custom computer installed

Next up: This weekend is complete dash lights conversion to Amber LEDs (I'll write that up when it's done)
Wheels-Got some SS stock wheels from Stumpmi, going to get those installed and painted black
Steering wheel-I'd really like to do a custom steering wheel, anyone have suggestions/warnings on these? I was hoping for something that would look at home in a Camaro or a Vette...

Love reading about everyone's mods!

Old 02-04-2014, 03:45 PM

I just hit 30 in january. I dont feel any older, truth b told im bout as mature as a pair of 15 yr olds

I turn 30 in May how about you? I'm sticking to the fact that I'm only about 29 and half for now [/QUOTE]

Old 04-01-2014, 09:55 PM
Default My Eleanor

Well I have alot of things in mind but haven't done any mods as of yet no funds to mod the Monte.

Quick Reply: What were you first 5 Monte mods?