General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

What Up Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Default What Up Chicago

So I am in Chicago this week for work.
Unfortunatly I took the big bird over and not the monte bird.
As I was in the cab from Ohara to the Chi Loop on I90 I was thinking I am gonna miss driving in my ride.
And what do I see an 06-07 Black SS with Silver ground effects driven bythe driver ayoung lady mid twenties at most. Car was very shinny. LOL.
Two min down the road I see an 06-07 red LTZ driven by an older gent.
Interesting I rarely see montes in PA and I have been in Chi for less than an hour already saw two.
At least I know my car is in good hands LOL. The wife has it. Cuz I didnt want to leave it at the Long term lot.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Default RE: What Up Chicago

[align=center]Hi `L.K.,[/align][align=center]Chicago is a Monte Carlo type of town : )[/align][align=center]We do have several member's from that area.[/align][align=center]Maybe they might read this & give U a `buzz : )[/align][align=center]I've been there before on the web [/align][align=center]Atleast `if you get homesick, you apparrently are online,[/align][align=center]and you can always visit the MCF when you go into[/align][align=center]withdrawels from not hav'in your awesome Monte SS : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I would've had the Cab driver follow the cute girl[/align][align=center]in the Monte Carlo Black SS, and invited[/align][align=center]her to lunch/dinner/dancing/etc : ) WoW ~ Wee[/align][align=center]I heard the Gold Coast of Chicago is beautiful around[/align][align=center]the lake : )[/align][align=center]Your assignment `if you choose to accept is to take[/align][align=center]pictures of every Monte Carlo you see, and `if there's[/align][align=center]a beautiful lady driver, take pic's of her to, oh & post them : )[/align][align=center]LOL ~ LOL[/align][align=center]Wish you a fun/productive Trip,[/align][align=center]EnJoy the Windy City 4-Sure,[/align][align=center]from `Space[/align]

Old 05-05-2008, 01:40 PM

Hey Space yeah I should have taken a pic. butI never think of it at the moment. LOL
But I accept I'll keep my Camera Phone at the ready in case I see another monte.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:53 PM

Ya I live on the west side and it isn't hard to find a carlo. It is the car of choice for drug dealers. Anything that looks good, is quick, and can handle 22's is chicago worthy.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:46 AM

Ya I live on the west side and it isn't hard to find a carlo. It is the car of choice for drug dealers. Anything that looks good, is quick, and can handle 22's is chicago worthy.
That statement is true for any big City. In Phila there are lot of 4th gens with 22's and 27's on.
I really dislike wheels that big.

Hey Space I am failing my assigment LOL. I really dont get to be outside that much that is what they do IT guys lock'em in the office and throw the key away until everything is fixed LOL.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:37 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center]Your assignment `if you choose to accept is to take[/align][align=center]pictures of every Monte Carlo you see, and `if there's[/align][align=center]a beautiful lady driver, take pic's of her to, oh & post them : )[/align][align=center]LOL ~ LOL[/align]

That can get you in some trouble.

This past saturday we were at a cruise-in (the first structured one around here). I took 5 pictures with my new camera.
Two of my '86 LS.
One of a '56 Chevy Sedan Delivery.
One of a '70/71 Monte.
One of the '95-99 Monte.

We were setting in the car a it started to rain and a security guard walked up to the pass side door to talk. I lowered the window and he asked why I was taking pictures of people's license plates?

I said, "WHAT?" to him as I had no clue what he was talking about?

It seems a wmoan spotted me taking pictures and called security then claimed I was talking photos of people's license plates.

I told this guy I had no idea what he was talking about? I even got my camera and showed him the pictures I did take. I asked him, "Do you see any pictures of license plates here?"

Maybe if this woman wasn't in the country illegally she wouldn't have to be so paranoid about things like someone taking photos.

Plus........ as far as I know it's not illegal to take photos of license plates in any state? The government does it all the time.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:05 PM

RJ,
There is a lot of paranoid folks out there, the lady that reported you prolly has an imaginary stalker LOL.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:08 PM

ORIGINAL: big_mecho13

That statement is true for any big City. In Phila there are lot of 4th gens with 22's and 27's on.
I really dislike wheels that big.

Hey Space I am failing my assigment LOL. I really dont get to be outside that much that is what they do IT guys lock'em in the office and throw the key away until everything is fixed LOL.
[:-]
L.K.,
Do you need the members to come & break you out
from being locked in a office ?
Below are some links to check `out if you get bored : )
I didn't know that the Monte Carlo was a favorite
for drug dealers `ride? Now I know where some member's
are gett'in all their $'s for Mod's LOL ~ LOL
I hope you get time to enjoy the Windy City.
`Space
Former Pro Basketballer Arrested for Traveling - TMZ.com
Anywho, cops ran the plates and found the 2001 Chevy Monte Carlo was hot, so the LAPD popped him for grand ... CAR THEFT AND DRUG DEALING TO MAKE ENDS MEET. ...
www.tmz.com/2008/03/29/former-baketballer-pro-ar... - 65k - Similar pages
http://www.tmz.com/2008/03/29/former...or-travelling/
Police arrest 'King Kong,' find $10K in drugs | ajc.com
Most drug dealers stick to one or two types of drugs to deal to their clientele, ... Police also took his 1995 GMC Suburban and 1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo. ...
www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/cobb/stories/200... - 49k - [URL=http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/search?invocationType=similarPages.search&quer y=related%3Awww.ajc.com%2Fmetro%2Fcontent%2Fmetro% 2Fcobb%2Fstories%2F2008%2F04%2F02%2Fkong_0403.html &clickedItemPageDescription=similarP

Old 05-06-2008, 04:40 PM

Hey Space,
Dirty cops like Montes too. LOL
Ever see Training Day?
Denzel Washington drives a 1979 Monte Carlo with Hydraulics.
Too bad they wreck the car.