General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

What is an LT3

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 09:54 AM
Default What is an LT3

Ok.. Ive seen a couple of guys callin thier LT's and LT3. What is an LT3?

Old 06-20-2007, 09:57 AM
Default RE: What is an LT3

[align=center]Hi Ian,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]What is an LT3 ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Well, Ian....it's one beautiful/powerful/awesome driving [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]BADAZZ Monte Carlo with a Monster 3900 3.9L Engine : )[/align][align=center]The LT3 is[/align][align=center]a Factory Modified 3.5L Engine : )[/align][align=center]Only installed in the 2006 Monte LT3 & LTZ[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The LT has the 3.5 L Engine & 16 inch Rim/Tires[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The LT3 has the 3.9L Engine & 17 inchRim/Tires[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]There are also suspension changes & other upgrades[/align][align=center]between the two : )[/align][align=center]
New for 2006
The 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo receives new front and rear fascias, new headlights, and new taillights. New V6 engines with variable valve timing include a 211-horsepower 3.5-liter and a 242-horsepower 3.9-liter. The Monte Carlo SS is added, powered by a 303-horsepower 5.3-liter V8 engine with a 4-speed automatic transmission. The SS features a distinct front-end appearance with a dual-split grille, black crosshatch grille material, unique rear spoiler, bright exhaust tips, and FE4 sport suspension[/align][align=center]

[/align][/align][/align][align=center][:-]Click below link for more information on Monte Carlo Models Breakdown[:-][/align][align=center]http://www.lotpro.com/cars/2006/chev...carlo/options/[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Tech Spec[/align][align=center][:-]Click below[:-][/align][align=center]http://www.lotpro.com/cars/2006/chev...rlo/techspecs/[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

[/align]

Old 06-20-2007, 10:58 AM

LT also has a Nascar style spoiler on her instead of the surfboard

Old 06-20-2007, 11:05 AM

Keep in mind they do not have an LT3 in 07

Old 06-20-2007, 12:57 PM

Also mmwrench keep in mind that not all LT's have the spoiler from nascar....only the LT3 has it.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:00 PM

Hmmm
Wrong

The LTZ has the Nascar spoiler on it,
Matter a fact the LTZ is the top of the line for the LT models

Old 06-20-2007, 04:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: Mrrench

Hmmm
Wrong

The LTZ has the Nascar spoiler on it,
Matter a fact the LTZ is the top of the line for the LT models
I think the big difference is that the ONSTAR, 6 disk changer, XM radio, 8 speaker system and leather seats are standard on the LTZ.

I think there might be some other lesser feature that also standard instead of optional.

Old 06-20-2007, 05:05 PM

[align=center][:-][/align][align=center]The 2006Monte Carlo also gains revised suspension systems and a greater track width.

Four trim levels are available: LS, LT, LTZ and SS. Monte Carlos roll on a new group of 16- , 17- and 18-inch wheels. The car's interior features improved seat upholstery stitching, low-gloss instrument-panel components and jewellike dashboard detailing.
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Click below link for All 06 Monte Carlo Model's [:-][/align][align=center]Original MSRP [/align][align=center][:-]Click on Below [:-]
VehicleSummary [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Photos,Videos&Colors [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Pricing&Certification [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]StandardEquip.&Specs [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]AvailableOptions [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]QualityRatings&Recalls [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Owner & Expert Reviews [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 06-20-2007, 06:25 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Info I was given.

For 2006 the Monte came in: LS, 1LT, 2LT, 3LT, LTZ, & SS.

The 3LT got the 3.5 engine. But if you added the LTZ option the 3LT could be bought with a 3.9 under the hood, which the LTZ got as standard equipment.

I was originally told ONLY the LTZ got the 3.9 under the hood but this simply is not true. (look no further then Space's 2006 3LT Monte. it has the LTZ option)

If your Monte has the 6 disk C/D player with 8 speaker system then you know how good the sound inside is. The standard 6 speaker system is like night vs day when you compare the two systems.

Amd IF your Monte has the 3.9 under the hood, you know the sound of the power it has. Reported 3 sec slower then the 5.3 V8 the SS got.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:12 PM

LTZ is standard 3.9,17's and upgraded suspension, leather, intereior sound package,ONSTAR and optional sunroof;
LT3 is standard 3.9 17's and upgraded suspension. Then you can option out from there.
LT2 is standard 3.5 16's normal suspension.. then option up from there.

I noticed a lot of them are different. I researched these 06's for about 2 months. I wanted a LT3 with leather and if possible a sunroof.
I found a lot of LT2's that had a sunroof, with no leather.
The dealer could not understand why I was so attament (sp?) about the LT3. Now I know why
Its hard to find a Reg LT3 (non LTZ) with a sunroof and the right color for the price I wanted.
So eventually I found mine 350 miles away. not the color i thought i wanted, didnt have a sunroof, and no leather, but it was 13,500 and certified w/ 28,500 miles. So i was happy.
I do have onstar, All the driver info stuff, and my 3.9.

Please correct me if im wrong with any info. - Gabe

Quick Reply: What is an LT3