General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

What does your Monte say about you ?

Old 02-13-2008, 09:34 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default What does your Monte say about you ?

[align=center]
What Your Car Says About You
Whether you like it or not, your vehicle choice oftentimes speaks volumes about who you are.
[/align][align=center][:-]
What does your Monte Carlo say about you ?
[/align][align=center]ByLawrence Ulrich/MCF`Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Click to see more pictures [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
Certain sports cars guzzle down as much gas as the Hummer H2, but owners of large SUVs are often labeled narcissistic.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
Excuse me. I don't mean to alarm you. But your car is talking. And I don't mean that husky voice on your GPS system. Instead, your car is saying a lot about your attitude and your personality. Yes, we are what we drive.
Car nuts can admit our rides are a power window into the soul. I may love driving the spectacular Corvette Z06, but I doubt I'd own one. European sports cars have always been more my speed, ever since I defied my blue-collar Detroit upbringing by plastering Lamborghini posters on my walls.
Carmakers acknowledge that minivan sales have gone flat in part because fewer of us, especially women, still subscribe to the "mommy-mobile" image. GM and Ford have given up on minivans entirely, preferring to focus on crossovers instead.[/align][align=center]
Matter Over Mind

For more than 20 years, Dr. Leon James at the University of Hawaii has researched and taught the psychology of driving. In our car culture, James says, drivers idealize their rides and even lend them human qualities. Under hypnosis, drivers will refer to their car as if it were a friend or lover.(must have been `Space),In everyday life, owners name their cars and talk to them. And whether the car is racy or outdoorsy, owners seek attributes that mirror their self-image.
[/align][align=center]
"People construct an ideal in their mind of the perfect car, and those attributes are transferred to its driver as well," James said, noting how negatively we associate the drivers of dilapidated or dirty cars. Some of us get so offended we'll deliver a hand-scrawled scolding, strangely written from the car's point of view: Wash Me.[/align][align=center]
Whether this driving ideal has much to do with reality is pretty much beside the point. The obvious disconnect is with SUVs, which are forever being shown conquering the wilderness and clambering up mountainsides, even if most owners would hesitate to conquer the curb at the shopping mall.
Car Stereotypes
[/align][align=center][:-]
Speaking of sport utes, we've all seen people go apoplectic at the sight of a
Hummer[b]

Old 02-13-2008, 11:30 AM
Default RE: What does your Monte say about you ?

What my Monte says about me?

That I can't fit into a Mustang LOL

Most people ask If I like NASCAR. So it mustsay that too.
I don't really watch NASCAR though.

It says that if I had the money I'd be driving a Z06 Vette

It says that I love Canada LOL

Old 02-13-2008, 11:35 AM

Mine says I'm a narcassistic (I am), that my **** is much bigger than yours (it is), and I like to drive around for the hell of it (I do).

Old 02-13-2008, 11:39 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks guys for the previous Posts LOL
[align=center]My Monte Carlos says I am a smart/intelligent[/align][align=center]automotive enthusiast that purchased[/align][align=center]a Monte Carlo for it's wind tunnel NASCAR design.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It says it's the best automobile on the market that's[/align][align=center]a performance/touring coupe that one can take[/align][align=center]3 or four friends in comfort on the roads of life.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It says that the Monte Carlo has the features, and[/align][align=center]safety built into it's design[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It says that the Monte Carlo engines are reliable, and[/align][align=center]produces excellent power for the size/weight of the[/align][align=center]vehicle.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It says, that it give the owner the best deal for[/align][align=center]his hard working dollars.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]These are just a few words on what the Monte Carlo[/align][align=center]Screams ~> Super Rider 4 the $[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]This post says, I love the Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]`ok, whose next ?[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Tell us what your Monte Says `bout U : ) ?[/align]

Old 02-13-2008, 11:58 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

hmmm, well, it does have a #3 on the side, so I suppose it says I'm a big Earnhardt fan, which is very true,
but I've always loved the styling of the Monte (not so much in the 90's, sorry all you 5th gen owners - no offense meant, JMO), so that was just a big bonus. Other than that, I don't really know what it says about me, someone else would need to tell me, LOL.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:07 PM

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]Thanks guys for the previous Posts LOL[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]My Monte Carlos says I am a smart/intelligent[/align][align=center]automotive enthusiast that purchased[/align][align=center]a Monte Carlo for it's wind tunnel NASCAR design.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It says it's the best automobile on the market that's[/align][align=center]a performance/touring coupe that one can take[/align][align=center]3 or four friends in comfort on the roads of life.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It says that the Monte Carlo has the features, and[/align][align=center]safety built into it's design[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It says that the Monte Carlo engines are reliable, and[/align][align=center]produces excellent power for the size/weight of the[/align][align=center]vehicle.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It says, that it give the owner the best deal for[/align][align=center]his hard working dollars.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]These are just a few words on what the Monte Carlo[/align][align=center]Screams ~> Super Rider 4 the $[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]This post says, I love the Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]`ok, whose next ?[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Tell us what your Monte Says `bout U : ) ?[/align]
Yeah, but my junk is still bigger.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:08 PM

Damn, I just realized I wasn't kidding on the nacassitic part. My avatar says it all.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:18 PM

That, ME > YOU

Old 02-13-2008, 01:25 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

What my Monte Carlo says about me.

"This d00d is cool!"

And you only "think" your junk is bigger. [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 02-13-2008, 05:44 PM

i drive fast lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What does your Monte say about you ?