General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

What does this mean ? from a dealership

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 08:42 AM
Bob
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default What does this mean ? from a dealership

This is a letter i got from a chevrolet dealership & my area. IMPORTANT INFORMANATION REGARDING YOUR 2006 chevrolet. Our dealership had several customers come in recenly looking to purchase a reliable 3.9 2006 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO and our records indicate you currenly own this or a similar vehicle. Because we have a need for your vehicle, I'am requsesting to discuss trading you out of this vehicle into a new chevrolet or quality certified pre-owned vehicle or buying it outright from you. It is just about unheard of in this industry that any vehicle actually does a reversal and goes up in value. But your 2006 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO might be worth more now than it was 6 months ago. Because we have a need for your vehicle, i have instructed my management team to "STEP UP" on your trade-in appraisal.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:46 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's an advertising gimmick used by a lot of dealerships to get you to buy a brand new car.

Some of them deliberately make it look like an official recall notice. It's not.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:49 AM

Hi Bob, I got the same type of letter several months ago on my previous 06 LT3...Don't believe everything you read 4-Sure If you have time & want to have some fun, take them up on your offer, but never give them your keys & trap U in their office : ) I think the 06 is a Great Investment Vehicle
with the 3.9, but I personally think it's a sale gimmick...
There's no free lunch ...Let us know what you do. Great to see you online & visiting your MCF Family
Good Luck & Safe miles from `Space

Update: Admin Taz-`Lou, beat me 2 the post : ) He must be kick'in In his
SuperCharger this Morning or is drink'in that high test Coffee : )

Last edited by Space; 06-23-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:09 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

An official recall notice would not originate from a dealership. It would come from GM Corporate, and would tell you exactly what the problem is, the recall number, and advise you to make an appointment at any GM dealership to have the work done.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:33 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

I get them too on both my car and my son's Honda. I thought about calling them to tell them to quit wasting their money sending me one because they are not getting my car and I don't want a new one. Ours says they want locally owned, well maintained vehicles.
Neither vehicle was bought from their dealership. Mine was bought from another dealer and my son's came from an individual in another county. Wonder who is behind selling them the info? My guess is the state, just like they sold my business info to the dang credit card companies (I know it came from the state tax office - they were the only ones with my cell number AND business name at the time, plus they asked for 'Rebecca' - no one calls me that, LOL).

Old 06-23-2009, 11:13 AM
rj
15 Year Member

I get them too.

Call me a pack rat but I keep them with the car. Why you ask? To me it's part of the car's history.

I just file them and go on. Cause first and foremost, they AIN'T getting my '06 Monte.

Old 06-23-2009, 11:20 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by rj
they AIN'T getting my '06 Monte.
Can I have it?

Old 06-23-2009, 11:25 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
Can I have it?
Sure!

It'll be at the Monte Carlo Nationals all weekend. What day can I expect you? lol

PS. Bring your supercharged Monte so I can have a ride back home will ya? lol

Old 06-23-2009, 11:28 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

supercharged? i wish :P

Old 06-23-2009, 03:14 PM

i got them too. only reason i would open them was couse it was from the dealer ship. they just want to sell a new car and a barely used one. does anyone else get birthday cards from the sales rep? i thought it was kinda weird the first time.

Quick Reply: What does this mean ? from a dealership