General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: What does everyone think?
Thumbs Up - Awesome Ride
5.56%
Thumbs Down - No Sir, I Don't Like It
47.22%
I wanna go to the circus
16.67%
I admire the originality
30.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

What does everyone think...

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 10:02 AM

..LoL `Jason (Maniac), No I don't think I will be painting my next space vehicle green & orange 4-Sure...I'd get 2 many dents from member's & people on the streets throwing stones @ `me..., or my rides.....
====================================

Jason, just because your rides are Black & Blue in above pic ^, doesn't mean they are beat `Up (LOL)
Why does every HATE this Orange & Green Monte...Maybe the owner likes Halloween or owns a Halloween Shop (LOL) "2 each their own & `if you don't like it , don't look

`ha -ha, yes a Halloweenie Monte Carlo...I think it's one of a kind..(Thank You)
==========================================
p.s. `Jason, (the Maniac)

Thanks for posting this thread and creating some great activity on the MCF + the Poll...It reveals a lot about our diverse membership & what they like & don't like in Monte's that are way different then the rest....Yes, this one is different, but apparently the owner must like `it...
I shall close my eye's now & rest & look no more 4 that is my choice & yours also ...

Thanks memeber's...Please don't throw stones `if you drive in a Monte that has `Gl*** ~>
Peace/Out from `Space

Last edited by Space; 07-15-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
Not my thing, but who am I to judge?

Someone's obviously put some time into it, to make it suit their desires. At least they care somewhat about it? I'll give them some credit for making it different. It would definitely catch my eye. As much as I hate big rims, it needs them to look better IMO.
Don't get me wrong, I completely agree, someone put time and effort into this car (I just hope to God every time they go for a drive in it that they completely love what they've done, as I think few people can appreciate it). Any time I do something creative, I am prepared for someone to like it and someone to equally not like it (and if I'm on the fence about what I'm doing, then sometimes input from others is a deciding factor, I actually had a thread about something with my rear bumper and the MCF folks helped me make the final call).
I know what we do to personalize are cars are also not appreciated by all (heck, I know some people that really don't like the factory Pace Car checker board decals).

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Being a Dolphins fan (unfortunately) i kinda dig it! i would stick Miami stickers all over that thing
Now, I never thought of it, but perhaps the owner is a Miami Dolphins fan. Maybe this is a tribute car to their team of choice???

I don't know nor have I seen the owner. All I know is this car has shown up at my work's parking lot and has gotten a lot of comments (I have yet to hear anyone say anything good about it). I think it's obvious, I don't like it, but I was interested what other Monte enthusiasts had to say about it.

Old 07-15-2012, 10:41 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

BTW - I have not voted in the poll as I wanted others to say what they think (not I). And yeah, I put a funny option in there (I wanna go to the circus). All in all, I think the choices members made interesting.

6 people chose that they admire the originality (IMO that does not say you like it). Personally, I think it takes a lot to be that bold with your car, so I can see how some admire the originality without liking it.

Old 07-15-2012, 10:50 AM

Thanks again `Jason for keeping your thread moving + your comments..

If you do run in2 the owner, ask him if he is from Miami, & likes the Dolphin's ? + I'd have many more ?'s for the owner ?
I would ask him why he decided on the colors he choose, or did he buy it like that ? & if he has Dub's 4 it ? etc ? That Monte would most likely get a warm reception in Miami Dolphin area. I could see it now on the 50 yard line @ half time do'in donuts

* Not 2 many fans in the stadium ? Nice Orange seats, and a pretty green play'in field

Old 07-15-2012, 11:12 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Id like to see it with the custom rims on it. I think it looks weird with the green all the way up the side, I think i would have just painted the ground effects. It stands out tho that for sure.

Old 07-15-2012, 02:41 PM

lower it an black out the rims an id drive it

Old 07-15-2012, 03:20 PM
Monte of the Month -- October 2013
3 Year Member1 Year Member

no ty!!!

Old 07-15-2012, 03:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Maybe its there for a DO OVER Or maybe its a test car. What not to do to your M/C

Old 07-15-2012, 09:24 PM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry I don't need a ride to the circus
Deff not for me

Old 07-15-2012, 10:10 PM

I approve of the excessive absurdity. It makes me wanna go to the circus I also disapprove of the excessive absurdity. Eh. It definitely rolled out of a Pimp My Ride episode hahah. Wub.

Quick Reply: What does everyone think...