General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

What do you guys think about this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 04:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

It probably had 128000 miles on it. Those things only read 5 digits so it could have rolled over one already.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:47 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Could have very well been 128,000 miles. No way to tell other then documented proof.

Heck, it could even have been 228,000 miles on the car.

they werent really performance cars. just a monte with a little tighter suspension, some gearing, and a nose job.
1980s SS Monte.
305 H O engine.
Some got the 200-4R trans. Most got a 350.
A few got a posi rear from the factory. (not that you couldn't ordered a posi rear in you SC Monte. you could)
It got a rear sway bar from the factory. (again, you could order one even on SC. but it didn't get one other wise)
Tighter steering box.
Larger dia front sway bar.
15" wheels standard.
Rear spoiler standard.
Front air dam. (my LS got one. but it was busted in to pieces when I got the car. Debbie's '81 SC has one as well)
A lot of SS Montes for the vinyl upper interior door panels. Most got the cloth like my LS did.

Nothing special about the brakes on an SS. That I know of?
If you wanted a premium sterio you had to order it just like the SC & LS Montes.
If you wanted bucket seats & console, it had to be ordered with the car.

That's all I can think of right now.

Old 10-13-2010, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by rj
1980s SS Monte.
305 H O engine.
Some got the 200-4R trans. Most got a 350.
A few got a posi rear from the factory. (not that you couldn't ordered a posi rear in you SC Monte. you could)
It got a rear sway bar from the factory. (again, you could order one even on SC. but it didn't get one other wise)
Tighter steering box.
Larger dia front sway bar.
15" wheels standard.
Rear spoiler standard.
Front air dam. (my LS got one. but it was busted in to pieces when I got the car. Debbie's '81 SC has one as well)
A lot of SS Montes for the vinyl upper interior door panels. Most got the cloth like my LS did.

Nothing special about the brakes on an SS. That I know of?
If you wanted a premium sterio you had to order it just like the SC & LS Montes.
If you wanted bucket seats & console, it had to be ordered with the car.

That's all I can think of right now.
like i said they werent really performance cars, just a monte with a little tighter suspension, some gearing, and a nose job. theyre not really worth anything except to the monte carlo obsessed and even then they dont command money. idk i dont really consider a mid 80s, 190hp sbc car(if they even made that much),with a nose job a muscle car, and certainly not a extremely collectable one of much value. then again things are only worth what someones willing to pay for it. if any of the g-bodies are worth money i would say they would be the GN, T-type, Hurst olds, and maybe the turbo montes, and thats a strong maybe. the "special" gbody models can still be had for butt cheap if you keep your eyes open, or cloned for almost as cheap. hell i saw a 2+2 GP that i didnt jump on on ebay for 1200 and it was in good shape. so i say hold out and keep on the look out. the holidays are coming and people are always looking to be rid of floundering projects for some cash.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:05 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I know around this area, there is a huge problem of scammers taking a picture of someone else's car and posting it for sale. One guy told a local tv station that he happened across his own car for sale while he was looking through craigslist.

I've also heard that some scammers simply post a craigslist ad with a picture they found off google search.