General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

drove the monte a decent amount of miles. Took her on the highway a bit.

Lets just say 100mph does not feel like 100mph!

Old 09-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member

It's been over 70 today, after a wash I removed the 'GM' tags from the fenders. Light prying, some Goof-Off followed by more wash & some wax.

That was easy, so the bow tie on the trunk is no more too. The gold color just does not go with the car..

Old 09-30-2012, 09:35 PM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I changed the stereo buttons on the steering wheel to some i found at the junk yard and i changed the mirror to one that auto changes for when there is light from other cars headlights. I also drove it to work.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:23 PM

Changed out the rear rotors and pads. Gave her a quick wash. Then drove back to Indy from central Illinois. She may be getting old but she can still get up and go and hit that 110 mark with ease.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

I started mine up today. Let it run for a little bit and drove a short distance. My plan is to take it for a short drive every Sunday until the snow flies, then I'll prep it for storage. Going to be the first year I've stored it. It was stored the majority of winters from the previous owner but I had to drive it through the past two since it was my daily driver.

I miss driving it quite a bit, look forward to the weekends so I can enjoy it for a little while

I also purchased a cover online. Should be here in a few days.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by 2000_BLACK_SS
Changed out the rear rotors and pads. Gave her a quick wash. Then drove back to Indy from central Illinois. She may be getting old but she can still get up and go and hit that 110 mark with ease.
Forgive me if its just my bad memory but I don't recall seeing you on here until now so nice to meet you! Just wanted to say from your sig pic your car looks awesome! Love the rims man

Old 10-01-2012, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
I started mine up today. Let it run for a little bit and drove a short distance. My plan is to take it for a short drive every Sunday until the snow flies, then I'll prep it for storage. Going to be the first year I've stored it. It was stored the majority of winters from the previous owner but I had to drive it through the past two since it was my daily driver.

I miss driving it quite a bit, look forward to the weekends so I can enjoy it for a little while

I also purchased a cover online. Should be here in a few days.
I miss mine too man back when I had the LS and the SS I never got tired of driving Montes. Each one felt different so after driving the LS daily and cruising in the SS it still felt like a totally different car I don't think mine had been stored many winters if any but the rust is minimal and surface on mine so saved er just in time since I've stored mine since my ownership. If you're like me though the thing you'll miss the most is gas mileage lol. A truck as a DD eats up my gas money quick but I love my pickups and I'd rather put the miels on that then my Monte.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Cleaned & Waxed My Monte SS today getting ready for car show sat 10/6

Old 10-01-2012, 07:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

work again...bought a couple things..

Fuel filter, K&n oil filter, bottle of lucas synthetic stabilizer, & pcv.
3k into the first synthetic oil change and the oil is nasty!! Probably had a bit left over of seafoam from the flush.
Saturday will be her oil change!

btw, is the fuel filter located just at the bottom pass. side of the firewall? (like my old 93 bonneville) Or do they have it hidden..

Old 10-01-2012, 07:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012

I bought a pair of decals for it.. hope they come this week so I can put them on

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?