General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

What a day...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 03:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default What a day...

The day actually started off flawless! I woke up and did a little fishing at the city lake (didnt catch anything) but it still was a good day. As im leaving the city park i notice my wheel is sqeaking like it was when the axle was bad. I pull over and look at my wheel to see black axle grease everywhere. I wasnt too worried because I had just got it changed out in October of last year with a 1 year 12k mile warranty. i get to the shop and they put it on the lift to check it out. Like I guessed it was a bad axle, it was ripped and throwing grease everywhere. Not only was the drivers side bad but also the passenger side axle. The mechanic starts cleaning everything and tries to unplug my ABS plug and the whole thing just falls apart from the hub, he turns to me and says uh oh looks like you need a new hub also :l... I asked him how long it was gonna take since I had the warranty and he says that they are under new owners and cant do it because its not in their contract . He then keeps scanning the car and finds that I need a transmission mount (which is true) and from that mount being bad was putting stress on the motor which could be why I keep breaking the passenger-side engine bracket... So in one trip i find out I need both wheel bearings, both axles, transmission mount(s), and engine mount(s)... How depressing lol. Sounds like my drivetrain is crap lol. Just had to vent a little... On a saturday this shop was always packed and had to park cars in other paking lots but today I just drove up and was the only person besides 1 person. I hate to say it but I dont think they will make it, I know they lost a lot of customers. They definately lost me!

Old 03-31-2012, 04:00 PM

Sad news