General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

well just got my monte out of body shop and i dont have fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 09:08 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

What company did you use??? lol

Old 04-07-2010, 09:09 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Aaa...

Old 04-07-2010, 09:29 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Guess I know what I'm going to price quote soon :P

Old 04-07-2010, 09:36 AM
15 Year Member

i was letting my insurance run out befor i awitched companys. i have progressive they said even if it was a add on befor purchas or after it will not be reconised if it had it on there with out it corisponding to the vin they will not put it back if you tell them what it came with even though the vin and the paper work sisnt state it they go by the vin that has the stock things. they tryed to total out my mustang when i got the glass smashed out this week. time to change insurance companies do to progressive i new i should have gone with geico do to they gave me a great pricing and a ok deductible.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:39 AM
15 Year Member

oh the bumper that i had you could put in fog lights or a fog light cover. and i did have the electrical for it but it is not there now. they said if i dont pick it up i would be charged 190. a day if i dont pick it up plus some other fees as well that will make it around 750 a day i think being in the south freakin sucks compared to being back in virginia or baltimor again.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:18 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Sorry to hear your insurance is being a doofus.

I believe I would stay on them. Till they make it right. If you've got photos proving the car had fog lights = nothing they can do by law but make it right.

imo, just my personal opinion, but insurance is a scam. just cause im a guy i pay twice as much as my G/F. im not going to get into women drivers. no offence brittany and amy. but most of them are doing there makeup, on the phone, or starring at me in there rearview mirrors at redlights. lol
Thinking, "Why is my dad behind me?" LOL

Old 04-07-2010, 02:13 PM

Thats not how my insurance works at all. When I got in the accident, they replaced everything to the exact same way it way the day of the accident, mods included. The guy told me that insurance repairs the car, including anything that has been added to it, exactly the way it was. My insurance covered my after market grilles, CAI, and RS decal (all which my car did not come with). I never paid a premium for this stuff, nor did I tell my insurance company that I got this stuff.
But that is how most work. Anyone who thinks their insurance works this way should definitely contact their agent- and find out specifically which section of their policy calls that out. Definitely not something people should assume because that is rare. I'm sure they have a dollar limit on the extra coverage too- ie they're not going to replace a $3000 custom hand made carbon fiber front clip on a car that came with a $50 plastic bumper and $30 metal fenders.

oh the bumper that i had you could put in fog lights or a fog light cover. and i did have the electrical for it but it is not there now. they said if i dont pick it up i would be charged 190. a day if i dont pick it up plus some other fees as well that will make it around 750 a day i think being in the south freakin sucks compared to being back in virginia or baltimor again.
Thats a tough situation- and something that should've been resolved prior to getting it fixed. If nothing else, I would tell them that I want the parts back of yours that they removed (your fog lights and wiring).

You may be able to get the insurance company to pay for it, but it could take a lot of yelling and such- no insurance company is ever 'on your side', they're in the business to make sure they pay out as little as possible to make the customer happy (health insurance included), and they will bicker about any little charges they can. The upside of them being so tight with their money is you pay less each month- the downside is when you actually need to use it.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:31 AM
15 Year Member

the shop gave me back the lights but no wires for it that the removed. i dont know where to get the wires for the fog lights unless getting a whole new electrical harness. my question is would i need a new harness for the fog lights or would i be able to get just the wires leading to the fues and relay box under the hood? to be honest i like the rarity of my monte but it is also it tikes me off.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:09 PM

If you have the switch for the fog lights then obviously you DID have fog lights. Damn insurance companies and shady body shops are a scam!!!

Old 04-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

something seems a little confusing with this thread? I remember reading something on here before about missing fog lights. is it me or can someone else give their opinion on this! thanks

previous thread

10-28-2009, 08:00 PM
monte07

fog light and front bumper
ok last week a old lady backed into my monty and cracked my bumper. got it out of the shop and it didnt have the factory foglights and switch for the for lights. right now i am having a lawyer delivering them papers on removal and taking the fog lights. ok hear is what happend a old lady backed into my monty i seen it happen walking out of the store. took it to the recomended shop from my insurance p.s. there pissed as well about the fog lights and switch dissapering. i know the fog lights are plug and play type as in where you can replace them with a new socket without splicing the wires. the switch i think is part of the whole headlight assembly. thats where the switch was. i am not sure where to get the new switch from the dealer which i am thinking there not going to help exept for the fog lights which are factory if you can give me input thank you

monte07View Public ProfileSend a private message to monte07Find all posts by monte07Add monte07 to Your Contacts
10-29-2009, 08:30 PM
RocknSS04

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

I would think they would be responsible for the removal of the items. If things are loose, probably not. Things like CDs, or sunglasses.
Everything should be just put it back in, unless they cut the wiring. I would get the insurance company involved before you do much else. Have them stop payments to that shop until things get resolved. File a claim against the body shop.

Quick Reply: well just got my monte out of body shop and i dont have fog lights