General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

well just got my monte out of body shop and i dont have fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 05:22 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default well just got my monte out of body shop and i dont have fog lights

well the shop is a dealer shop. ok this is how it started i avoided rearendind a guy who was break cheacking every three feet. i took on a really big curb that messed up my front bumper and my steel rim. ok so i went to the recomended body shop my insurance told me to go to to get it fixed. and now i dont have fog lights so i got anouther pair at a junk yard suprisingly in great shape. when i was about to put them back on where the baody shop and insurance said i didnt have fog lights even though i showed them my car having them in a picture with me in the monte. they both said it didnt have them so no biggy so i started to put them on who and behold they put on the type that fog lights cant screw into on top of that one of the shop guys took my wires out of it so i cant hook up the fog lights any more. i still have the switch that turnes them on but no wires for the fog lights tell me if that is fd up

Old 04-06-2010, 05:24 PM
15 Year Member

and today april the 6th is my b-day and i picked it up i was like a kid in a candy shop eill i seen there was no fog lights. and the insurance company is not admitting responsobility for a mess up

Old 04-06-2010, 09:17 PM

Not cool.

I suspect you are young and they think they can get away with it.

Stay on them and don't give up until it is replaced by them correctly.

Keep us posted and feel free to tell us the name of the insurance co.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

id be all over them, its not necesarily the insurance companies fault tho that it wasnt done right is it?

Old 04-06-2010, 10:18 PM

who do you think owns the insurance companies, the government.

im not sure, but i do know this. the gov. makes you get insurance, then you pay for insurance. i might add way to much. i pay 140 a month.
i used to pay 100 for 2 cars??? anyways they collect your money for years, untill the time come for you to actually use the service that you probly paid way more into, and they try to screw you.

i would like for you to post the company that you go threw. ive had progressive for my first 6 years of driving, and they preformed well.
when i got my monte they wanted 200 dollars a month for insurance, so i switched. now i have allstate and they seem good, with what they cover on paper. i have yet to file a claim, so im not sure on how they do their job.

imo, just my personal opinion, but insurance is a scam. just cause im a guy i pay twice as much as my G/F. im not going to get into women drivers. no offence brittany and amy. but most of them are doing there makeup, on the phone, or starring at me in there rearview mirrors at redlights. lol

Old 04-07-2010, 01:20 AM

Were your foglights factory ones? If the ones you had were an aftermarket add-on (or even off another stock vehicle added on), then you're kinda SOL as far as the insurance goes unless you had specifically called it out in your policy. Seems like a lot of insurance places don't like to cover extra 'mods' unless you add it to your policy (Read: more money).

If they were add on's, I would've talked to the body shop guy ahead of time to see what they were going to do with them. If they truly did come factory on your vehicle- I wouldn't have taken the car from the body shop until it was put back to normal- I don't see them causing a huge fuss over something that would only cost them $30 or something (were they even broken in the wreck?).

Definitely got to watch out for traffic though, and be careful driving close behind people!

Old 04-07-2010, 07:56 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

I thought you had an LS trim level? The LS trim level did not come from the factory with fog lights. The is holes in the bumpers as if it has fog lights, but they have black plastic grilles over them.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:22 AM

I'd search the site for that vin website (the one that tells you what options your car has and how many others have that/those options) that Enzo put up a few months back, run your vin and show the insurance company that your car was so equipped! Should be case closed... unless they were aftermarket.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:23 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

That's the problem with doing aftermarket parts. If I got in an accident I would be screwed, because they would just return the car to stock, they wouldn't care which spoiler or tail lights I had, they wouldn't care what headlights I had, etc.

If you do things to your car after you purchase it or stuff was already on the car when you purchased it (but not on the build sheet) and you want it to be insured, then you will need to have an agent come to you and have pictures taken / them see what is on the car that you want to now insure.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Thats not how my insurance works at all. When I got in the accident, they replaced everything to the exact same way it way the day of the accident, mods included. The guy told me that insurance repairs the car, including anything that has been added to it, exactly the way it was. My insurance covered my after market grilles, CAI, and RS decal (all which my car did not come with). I never paid a premium for this stuff, nor did I tell my insurance company that I got this stuff.

Quick Reply: well just got my monte out of body shop and i dont have fog lights