General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Welcome me!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 07:42 AM
Default Welcome me!

Alright guys I got it.

03 SS Jeff Gordon edition. Blue / black interior. Brand spankin new Goodyear tires with yellow lettering... Beauty..

Best thing... only had 28k!! for $13,0000!!! A steal, almost a brand new car. Man im one helluva negotiator to be 19 lol. Well here is a pic.. Ill have more later.

Next matter of business.. Im looking to install a custom headunit.. Probably a motorized screen, flip down whatever they're called.

Anyway to do that without losing my radio controls on the steering wheel? And also is it like installing any other CD/DVD player? Because rumor is that its going to run me about 500$ to have it installed.

Thanks guys

Old 10-10-2007, 07:59 AM
Default RE: Welcome me!

Hi Rashad, & Welcome to the MCF
You have found a rare Jeff Gordon Edition Monte Carlo SS.
Keep it Clean `Dirty
Use the MCF Search Engine for subject questions, and if your
dont' find them, post your questions.
Wish you fun/happy/safe miles in your new Monte.
`Space

Old 10-10-2007, 11:33 AM

Welcome dirty: Nice looking Monte
How about more pics from the side to see those yellow letter tires.

Old 10-10-2007, 12:08 PM

Oh boy, you're going to have some jealous members here! Many of our members have been looking for those tires and cannot find them!! Beautiful Monte. Yes, that was a SERIOUS steal. Hopefully it is not too good to be true. Member fwoggybaby stole her limited edition '03 (i think) monte from a BMW dealership for about 12K with pretty low miles on it.

Congratulations, Dirty!!

Old 10-10-2007, 01:51 PM

i don't know of any head units that allow you to maintain the steering wheel radio controls. but most new headunits come with a remote. If you have onstar you might want to check into what your doing to your stereo as well. and welcome to the forums. you have a nice looking monte there.

Old 10-10-2007, 04:04 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to MCF.
Nice lookin rare Monte!
If you're not worried about ruining the car's collector's value, there's lots you can do. I work in the electronics field, but haven't spent much time on automobile electronics. Technically you could connect your steering wheel controls to your new DVD video/audio system, but it would require A LOT of work inside your dash/steering column and possibly opening up your new DVD system as well. Needless to say, this would obliterate any warranties you have on both the car and your DVD.

As you are probably already aware, the car's audible warnings (chimes, bells, etc...) all operate through the factory stereo. Removing it would eliminate them, and possibly your OnStar too like others have already mentioned.

I would put in the DVD system of your choice and just use the remote. The steering wheel controls would be nice, but I think it would be more hassle than it's worth.

Old 10-10-2007, 04:22 PM

Scoche makes a harness to get them working, but I haven't been able to get mine going yet....

I don't like the flip screens as it takes too long for them to open and close and then you have to worry about them sticking. I got a great Alpine Touch Screen. $800.

Old 10-10-2007, 04:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Welcome, gorgeous car, awesome introduction.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:13 PM

Sexy car man! Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay!

Old 10-10-2007, 06:56 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i hate to say this, but i think part of that car is missing. JG editions came with "ghost flames" dwon the hood and the part of the door with the front fender... i can't see that on your car. plus the angle makes ti hard to see, but it should ahvea 24 decal behind the window. its still a sweet looking car though and you can always get teh flames painted on if you want them.

Quick Reply: Welcome me!