General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

- Visual Changes - last Monte Carlo -

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 10:33 PM
Default RE: 6th Gen & 7th Gen ? Pic's

yeah i can live with it. the first few times i drove my car it took me a sec. to find the thing As the motne i had before it had colum ing.
then when we got here with the rental car i keep tryign to shove the key in to the damed vent.

Old 03-06-2007, 11:04 PM

I pretty much like all the changes. The interior isn't as "dark" looking as before with everything being black. The brushed aluminum look brightens it up better. I love the new front ends over the old ones. They 'look' newer and more up to date then the old. The lights are brighter too than in the older versions.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:11 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

yah thats one of the big things i liked about my car was putting the key in the dashboard to start it...whenever i get in someone else's vehicle now i'm reaching for the dash..lol...

i dont notice too much of a differance in the back ends..i know the lights are different..i like my black ones on the black monte...

i like the headlights a little more on the 06,07 than on the 05...but i still love my car

Old 03-07-2007, 12:38 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Members, post what changes you like or don't like
about the Monte Carlo.
This ones 4-Sale on Auto Trader for $22,223...1,795 miles
Do you think that's a good price ?
Price $20,995 with 18,060 miles
__________________________________________________ _____________________
[:-]LTZ 06 (only year 4 LTZ's)
$21,995 w/14,852 miles
Price $14,988 15,118 Miles
Above are just a few samples of SS & LTZ 4-Sale on
I go there to check to see what Monte's are selling for.
If you are looking for a Monte, it's a great place to start your search.
Post your thoughts & comments.
I'm outa here
Wish you a `Happy,
`Space

Old 03-07-2007, 03:17 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Guys don't forget the Monte also shares parts with the Impala (headlights, wheels, engines)

I've seen '06 Montes (3LTs with LTZ options) on ebay with a "Buy It Now" price of $12k abd 90 miles on the clock.

If I had the extra $12k and a way to get it home from N.J. I'd have bid on the car.

Couple things I like about my '06 LTZ.
1. It's an '06 LTZ.
2. It's a one year only model with the 3.9 engine.
3. Other people like it.
4. The upgrades Chevy made to the '06 Montes. (styling, etc)
5. The heated seats.
6. IT'S A MONTE CARLO!

Some things I would change.
1. To me, the shape of the nose isa bit too rounded.

Something I would change in general.
GM/Chevy hadn't just killed the Monte .... AGAIN!!!!

Old 03-07-2007, 09:35 PM

If the 06-07 Monte's had a drastic change to the body I'd say they'd be classified as 7th Gen. There wasn't a drastic change to it like the other generations. It is still argued that the 3rd Generation is 1978-1988, but the 3rd gens and 4th gens are different. While still a G-body, the curves are much deeper on the 3rd gens than the 4th gens. The tail lights are completely different as well as the grills.

The 2000-2005 and 2006-2007 Monte's are very similar with only minor changes, nothing drastic. The curves are the same. The tail lights, while slightly changed, are still very similar to each other. The headlights and grills are slight changes, but again not drastic. It could be argued that 1973-1975 Monte Carlo's could be classified as a completely different generation than the 1976-1977 models because of the changes to the headlights, grills, tail lights and bumpers eventhough the bodies are the same. They are still all second generation. My opinion is, unless there is a drastic change to the body-style or it is switched over to a different platform, the 06-07's are classified as a sixth generation Monte Carlo.

Old 03-08-2007, 03:50 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi Dustin,
I'm curious, why does it make any difference on what generation the 06-07 Monte Carlo
is classified ?
Does it change the value of the car if it's a 6th or 7th generation ?
I stated in another thread that it doesn't make any difference to me and
I don't know why it should be an issue.
I agree with your logic. I was just concerned about the value difference : )
It could be argued that 1973-1975 Monte Carlo's could be classified as a completely different generation than the 1976-1977 models because of the changes to the headlights, grills, tail lights and bumpers eventhough the bodies are the same. They are still all second generation. My opinion is, unless there is a drastic change to the body-style or it is switched over to a different platform, the 06-07's are classified as a sixth generation Monte Carlo.
Is a 2nd Generation more valuable then a 3rd Gen ?
Dustin, thanks for your post.
`Space

Old 03-08-2007, 04:16 PM

iuf you notice all of the diffrent changes for the monte gens
have diffrent body changes for them
1st gen had a huge hood and was a bog wide car
2nd gen was still a big car with a huge hood but also had a diffrent body line to it that was real hard to mis.
3rd gen is the first year of the small body style of cars.
4th were the seco0nd gen. of the small bodied cars and didnt have the pronounced body lines in them they were more body creases in comparison to the eariler editins.
5th gens.. well they were all togeather diffrent then any other monte carlo out there. and then came the 6th gen.
itput the monte closer to its roots again with the long hood, and body lines closer to the org. firts gen cars.
the 7th gen is yeat another change in head lights, and intereior changes

dose this mean the older gen cars are worth more? nope!!
btu then agian it is hard to place value on anythign considering i can price a car and get one dollar amoutn and you could have a car identical and get a completely diffrent amout.
it is a matter of opion and who has the cash and willing to come off of it for the car you have to sell

Old 03-08-2007, 05:24 PM

I prefer the front end of the 06/07 models, and although I think the interior does look better, the HVAC controls are a step backwards. They are mounted way too low, and the tiny temperature control wheels are a pain in the a.....s to operate as you have to twist your hand upside down to operate them with your forefinger. The tiny LED lightson the largerair direction control, and fan control are almost impossible to see in the daylight. They should have a white marker indicator on the **** itself as well as the LED, and you could see the switch position much easier.

I also don't particularly like the new shift lever. The lockout button is located on the front of the lever, and although not a major problem, just doesn't work as smoothly as the thumb operated one that was in the 04. They also should have put a gear indicator right on the console. This was one thing I also didn't like as the 04 didn't have this feature either. My wife always gripes about there not being a gear indicator on the shifter console. Would also look a little classier I think. The Impalas have it, don't know why they haven't used the same thing in the Monte.

I just got back from a 3000 mile round trip in my new 07 SS, and found these items a disappointment compared to the controls in my 04 SS.

The performance of the car is another matter. The word incredible comes to mind. Absolutely amazing power,at any speed. Fuel mileage just as good as my 04 SS which really blew me away.

Another big difference is the way the car feels when driving. It feels much heavier then my 04. Much more solid on the road. It took a bit of getting used to, as part of the overall feel was that the steering seems to takemore effort. Not a problem, just a different feel to it.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:45 PM

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]Hi Dustin,[/align][align=center]I'm curious, why does it make any difference on what generation the 06-07 Monte Carlo[/align][align=center]is classified ?[/align][align=center]Does it change the value of the car if it's a 6th or 7th generation ?[/align][align=center]I stated in another thread that it doesn't make any difference to me and[/align][align=center]I don't know why it should be an issue.[/align][align=center]I agree with your logic. I was just concerned about the value difference : )[/align][align=center][/align]
I'm only stating my opinion here. It doesn't really matter wether or not the 06-07's are classified as 6th or 7th gens. I haven't heard any official evidence from GM stating that the 06-07's are a new generation. Based on observations of the past generations, I see no reason to classify these as 7th gen. Like I said above, if just changing the grills, bumpers and lights on the car changes the generation then the 76-77's should be classified as 3rd gen while the 73-75's should be classified as 2nd gen. Going from single-round headlights to dual-stacked rectangular headlights seems to warrent a generation change if we go by what is being said about the 06-07's.

All that really effects the value of cars is how good of condition they are in and what the market is like for them. You could buy a brand new 07 SS and just drive it off the lot and you've already lost $10,000 in value because now it's a used car. Doesn't really matter if its got 5 miles on it if you bring it in for a trade, you aren't gonna get back what you paid for it. Not by a long shot. Being a 6th or 7th gen isn't going to make a difference in value.

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider
[align=center]Is a 2nd Generation more valuable then a 3rd Gen ?[/align][align=center]Dustin, thanks for your post.[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][/align]
Actually, according to a book I have, "The 2004 Standard Guide to Cars & Prices 1901-1995," second gens are worth more than third gens. A mint condition 2nd gen sport coupe Monte is valued at $12,500 while the Landau is worth $13,500. A mint condition 3rd gen Monte is valued at $8500 ($9000 for Landau and deduct 10% for 6-cylinder). For some reason 1980 V8 Monte's are valued at $6800 ($6900 for Landau).

Anyway, not trying to start an argument, but like I said this is my opinion. I don't think a headlight change warrents a generation change.

Quick Reply: - Visual Changes - last Monte Carlo -