General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

6th Gen ('00-'05): valve cover recall

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default valve cover recall

well I finally had my recall done today for the valve cover and gasket! I replaced the cooling elbows with aluminum ones on Saturday and left off the beauty cover and oil filler extension so I could keep it, as read on here!! when I got to the dealer the guy came out and said "let me show you something", as he popped my hood, I knew what he was gonna show me and after raising the hood he goes oh, yours is gone! he said some people that have had the recall were not happy that they took this off and kept it! so Im thinking this guy is cool and maybe if I had it on there he might have let me take it off? couple minutes later he asked me if I still had it, and thinking he was cool I said yes! he says well I'll see if we can get around that as it is part of the recall!!! WTF! I said you cant take off something that isn't there!! he says to me, well we will see what we can do!! by this point Im a little pissed and looked at him and said No, you can do the recall and put down that there wasn't one on the car, cause there isn't!! he got my drift and all was fine! also they were going to do the key ring thing for the ignition but I took the fob with one key (my back up) in so nothing they could do there!! I might buy another black valve cover down the road so they match since Im sure the back one needs a new gasket anyway!!!

Old 12-07-2016, 09:02 AM

Thanks for the reminder to do this!

Old 12-13-2016, 08:17 AM

I took my cover off before I took mine in. The service guy asked me about it so I told him it wasn't on when I bought the car. He said good because it wouldn't fit after they did the recall work. Guess what, it fit just fine when I but it back on.

Old 12-13-2016, 03:16 PM

Jesus, glad I read this before taking mine in on Thursday. Thanks for the heads up!