General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Update pics with new wheels + mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 06:02 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think those rims look great!

Old 09-04-2011, 07:42 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

They look terrible.

Just kidding! Seriously, those are of the best looking wheels I've seen on a Monte Carlo! Excellent choice

Old 09-04-2011, 08:23 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Those wheels are a perfect choice for y our Monte! Awsome

Old 09-04-2011, 08:52 AM
15 Year Member

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I wanted a more aggressive/sportier look for the Monte and they did look similar to Corvette wheels that's why I mostly went for them. I'm also glad to help inspire others. Everything I've done was because of someone else's idea here.

What do u guys think about maybe putting the Monte script on the side or maybe just a silver bow-tie or something? I know its the wrong gen and all but It could work. Maybe paint the script the same body color to make it blend in and not be too out there like a sore thumb but be hidden.

I really feel it needs something there but also I don't want to clutter it up too much.

Last edited by kingreyna; 09-04-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:30 AM
RBG

That's a very good look!! I'm from/in Fort Worth also did you take those pics down at Trinity Park,just asking because my family and I go there a lot in the summer?......Just not this summer been way too hot!!!

Old 09-04-2011, 09:50 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by kingreyna
I really feel it needs something there but also I don't want to clutter it up too much.
I disagree! It doesn't need more - your car looks fantastic! I actually think the pinstripe is a little too much, but that's just me. I don't think our cars need that pinstripe there - its kinda redundant.

But I understand that you'd want to keep adding. We all love our MonteCarlo and don't want to stop "playing" with them. That one good reason for dressing up under the hood instead. Its hard to go "too far" with that...

Old 09-04-2011, 10:41 AM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by RBG
That's a very good look!! I'm from/in Fort Worth also did you take those pics down at Trinity Park,just asking because my family and I go there a lot in the summer?......Just not this summer been way too hot!!!
Yes that was Trinity Park. The weather was great on Sat not to mention today and the rest of the week.

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
I disagree! It doesn't need more - your car looks fantastic! I actually think the pinstripe is a little too much, but that's just me. I don't think our cars need that pinstripe there - its kinda redundant.

But I understand that you'd want to keep adding. We all love our MonteCarlo and don't want to stop "playing" with them. That one good reason for dressing up under the hood instead. Its hard to go "too far" with that...
I kinda thought of leaving whats on there for now and fix up the engine/ interior some now. The engine does need cleaning/paint also need and exhaust and trunk lid mat.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:00 AM

Those look great! Was actually looking at them for my Monte Lol

Old 09-04-2011, 11:02 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I really like those wheels. Looks good. I say definitely better than chrome.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

I think they look amazing! The whole car looks great! If you were to change anything...I'd only do these 2 things, maybe, debadge the monte carlo off the trunk & take the lil gm badges off the side but even with them on the monte still looks amazing!

Quick Reply: Update pics with new wheels + mods