General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

<-----UPDATE------>

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 07:11 AM
Default <-----UPDATE------>

Well Things are looking up. The fiance and I worked things out. She realized how dumb she was and so did I, and what needed to be worked on. ANYWAY. I also got transferred as an Assistant Manager in Estherville IA. All in the same day. I just found a house and should be moving in this weekend. Hopefully have internet by next week, and be able to be a "new" returning member to this forum. lol. Hope all is well for everyone, if I missed anything important let me know. -Gabe

Old 09-27-2007, 07:21 AM
Default RE: <-----UPDATE------>

Hi `Gabe,
It's always great to read good news. We live, and hopefully
we learn. I wish you the best. Now, have her get a extra
part/time job with all the money going for `mod's to your
BadAzz Monte Carlo LT3 : )
Also, congratulations on the promotion, and new home.
You've missed a lot on the MCF : ) Toooooo Much to post : )
How's your LT3 running ? Look forward to you getting
hooked back up to the `net, and adding your posts to the
forum. The best of luck to you!
`Space

Old 09-27-2007, 08:38 AM

At least we know your taking off and not doing a 2 week hunt.

Glad things are going your way Gabe!

Old 09-27-2007, 08:43 AM

Cmon space, you of all us LT3 boys know it's gonna be running strong!

Glad to hear the good news Gabe!

Well, we "re-discovered" an engine mount flip mod, found out that there is a company that will reprogram your engine, and also supposedly the HP tuners device will work on the 3.9. We found out that if the engine mount flip isn't stiff enough they make a poly mount that should work on our car as well.

*gasp*

cain45 announced he's selling his 17" gm acessory wheels because hismonte was in an accident and is going to be sold once it's repaired. Allthough he hasn't announced what the price is.

*gasp*

SCC24540 make a really sweet looking video, andalso, nearly gotrun over whilesnapping a pic of his car across both lanesin the middle of the road, which got everyone trying to battle out with the coolest pics. I still think my pic of the 3.9L engine intake is the best. But I guess that's personal pride forus 3.9 guys, and maybe overall not the "prettiest" picture. So I'm going to try some better ones as soon as I get rid of the numbers they practically painted on my windows at the track.

*GAAASP!*

Speaking of the track, I got a time for my LT3 at 15.6 seconds (bone stock save for K&amp;N Drop in) and have been pipe-dreaming about what mods next. I'm hoping 16" wheels (cause 15's wont even fit) even some cheep steels. (but then again cain's are looking good if he'd just post a price, lol)

*gasp*

Ummmm...... GPD's little Mia turned one..... Fwoggy stopped in to say hi, but isn't sure how long it'll be before she's really back, up , and running.

Other than that.... I forgot... I know there's tons more stuff going on... but this is what I remember anyways...

(edited for comic interspersary comments *gasp*... lol)

Old 09-27-2007, 11:25 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Glad to hear you and the g/f worked things out. Talk about some major issues. Then getting a transfer and a new house. All three things are what psychologists say depress people.

Keep in touch with us.

Old 09-27-2007, 01:59 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

glad to know where your going to be, whe would be organizing another party to hunting ricers and looking for ya

Old 09-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nice to hear from ya again!
Good luck with the new house, and new location.
We'll be here waiting for ya to catch up on things.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:38 PM

Thanks Everyone! Things are fantastic... Whats this i hear about MODS!? i knew they would be here shortly. So what programmer is this you speak of mike? and an intake!? let me know- Gabe

Old 09-30-2007, 12:30 AM
Default MMMMMmmmm... MODSSSSSS.

Gabe, unfortunatelythe K&amp;N I was speaking of isn't an intake,K&amp;N doesn't offer one(yet), simply a drop in replacement air filter. K&amp;N's performance replacement filter number for a 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo 3.9l engine is 33-2334 It actually works for all engines from the 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo the 5.3L or the 3.5L as well.You can find em shipped for 40$ or so if you look hard enough.

The programmer is the expensive, but powerful unit available from HP Tuners... See http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_vehicles.php

You can see the 3.9L engine listed in the fit chart I linked above. Put it this way, if you want one.... split the cost with someone with the same year car (like myself) because actually for only triplethe credits you can unlock the ability to tune UNLIMITED 2006 Monte's.... It's hard to understand unless you read through all the mumbo jumbo on the site.... but you get 6 credits when you purchase the unit for like 550$ or something like that.... for 2 credits you can unlock ONE2006 monte carlo.... or for6 credits you can unlock ANY NUMBER OF 2006 Monte Carlo's. So... me and you could split the cost... each have our chance to play with it.. then charge our friends a small, nominal fee to tune up their rides! It's like... a no-brainer.... I mean.. if you had ONE friend that had a 06 Monte Carlo... and I had ONE friend with just the same... we could say charge them a very minimal 100$... or say 112.50... and we'd each have reduced what we paid for the unit by 50%! AFTER we'd already cut the cost in half by going in on it together.

But... read the site..... I'm really excited... and it's like quarter after midnite... lmao!

Ok... 3RD mod is actually a FREE mod! You know how your car doesn't break em loose as easily as you'd like? or you know that "jiggle" you get when idling with ur foot off the brake? This is because the stock motor mount, in it's stock configuration is designed to be very "forgiving".... in other words WEAK. Ok... the stock motor mount looks like a square 8, and in stock configuration it's sideways. There's two holes on the sides... and the thick rubber part in the middle (where the engine mounts attach to)is vertical. Well... this is fine and dandy... but it's weak... because the engine, under power, wants to go forward... so instead of turning the wheels the first thing it does is flex those engine mounts! THEN it turns the wheels... but in that transfer you've lost a few foot-pounds of torque. Well... if you turn that square 8 right side up... in other words, making the thick part of the mount horizontal... then the engine has to push agains that... instead of just pushing agains the open space. I'm getting all complicated here... More torque to the ground, quicker... easier to "break em loose" with the sacrifice of a small amount of vibration. (mainly when idling!.... very little... actually no noticable increase of vibration at speed)

The next step... when I am planning on, is "poly" mounts... aka polyurethane engine mounts... sold at: http://www.3800performance.com/Merch...roduct_Count=0

For more information see : https://montecarloforum.com/m_41682/mpage_2/key_/tm.htm

Sorry, I'm all over theplace tonight... a damn furd

Old 09-30-2007, 04:07 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: MMMMMmmmm... MODSSSSSS.

Ok... 3RD mod is actually a FREE mod! You know how your car doesn't break em loose as easily as you'd like? or you know that "jiggle" you get when idling with ur foot off the brake? This is because the stock motor mount, in it's stock configuration is designed to be very "forgiving".... in other words WEAK. Ok... the stock motor mount looks like a square 8, and in stock configuration it's sideways. There's two holes on the sides... and the thick rubber part in the middle (where the engine mounts attach to)is vertical. Well... this is fine and dandy... but it's weak... because the engine, under power, wants to go forward... so instead of turning the wheels the first thing it does is flex those engine mounts! THEN it turns the wheels... but in that transfer you've lost a few foot-pounds of torque. Well... if you turn that square 8 right side up... in other words, making the thick part of the mount horizontal... then the engine has to push agains that... instead of just pushing agains the open space. I'm getting all complicated here... More torque to the ground, quicker... easier to "break em loose" with the sacrifice of a small amount of vibration. (mainly when idling!.... very little... actually no noticable increase of vibration at speed)

Anyone does this to their car yet? Results?
I just might be under the hood of my LTZ in the morning after I get off of work.

Quick Reply: <-----UPDATE------>