General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

tuning

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 01:10 PM
Default tuning

one of my friends is an ase certified mechanic and he said that our montes can be tuned, is this true? he said he can get about 5 more horses to the wheels by just tuning it, anyone tuned there montes?

Old 04-04-2006, 01:59 PM
Default RE: tuning

I tuned mine with Hypertech with Dyno's showing a 12-19HP gain. DHP will get you even better gains I am sure.

What kind of modifications is he talking about?

Old 04-04-2006, 02:46 PM

im wiht monte on this one . i would liek to know what he is doing to get the gain out of them.

YEAH!!! SNOW IS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-04-2006, 04:42 PM

Snow??? What is snow????

Old 04-04-2006, 07:11 PM

sorry for you folks in TX. it would be like someone droppin a snow cone or icey on the streets every where and then trying to drive on it.

and it wont go away for a long time each year.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:22 PM

Same here in Canada, you can finally see grass. It's amazing, i thought i forgot what that was.

Old 04-05-2006, 12:22 PM

I froze my butt off this morning during my walk, it was 61F..... Burrrrrr.... Common summer!!!

Old 04-05-2006, 05:01 PM

that aint right...

freezing cold for us in the north is like below 0 we are used to it ..lol

Old 04-05-2006, 10:58 PM

i dont know what he means to tell you the truth, he might mean hypertech, but i know they dont make it for the LS, and he hasnt heard of DHP, so thats why i came here. anyways, ive been meaning to tell you guys that me and my buddy made a TRUE cold air intake for my monte, thats right folks, the filter drops all the way down to the fog light insert, i promise i will have pics soon. there is a pretty nice difference in the high RPM range, gas mileage, just a lil. and as far as the weather conversation goes, here in chi town its still a tad chili but at least the snows gone, oh yes summer is almost here.

Old 04-06-2006, 06:07 AM

my cai gose all the way to teh fog light also just chose to bring it back some so i dont worry about cathing crap from the road. but mine is in siode the fender well, sound like a shop vac when cold or just starting up. you could almost vacume your hose LOL

the folks next to us hate it when i start it in the morrning. lol have to love it!!

But i have no clue how he is going to tune it to get a extra hp. gain out of it. I do know that if you have the skillz and the tiem you can polish the intake and the T/B to get some small gains. and better espons time from the throttel.

I hope to do mine this summer but i dread doing it b y hand.

but it is a price im willing to pay to gain some better throttel response.

that is my biggest complaint on the monte it the throttel is slow to resopond and also the lag time for hitting passing gear is longer then i would like in it. while your moving hitting it to the floor it has a hesitation that has almost got me hit from its lag time.

So if anyone knows how to get rid of that PLEASE then share the wealth on that issue.

Quick Reply: tuning