General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Trying new mechanic. Its scary.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 04:52 PM
Default Trying new mechanic. Its scary.

Ive been looking for a mechanic that is closer to my house. I ve used the guy that works on our work trucks for years but they are just far enough that it is a pain in the *** to drop off and pick up vehicles. They have always done good work except on the brake fluid leak on my pick up. Two time in and still leaks fluid slowly. Sooo Im going to test out a place right by my house. I stopped in to check the place out before I have any work done just to get the vibe of the employees and give the facility a once over. I feel like im researching daycares or kindergartens. It really is a nerve wracking ordeal. Im bringing my lady's car in as a guinea pig. If they pass the mustard they may get the privilege of popping the hood of the monte someday.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:01 PM

the best way is have the car checked by your old mech. to get his opion first and then take it to your new mech. to see how far they are apart. something small and easy for a good mech. to speculate the probblem and don't drop a big wad of money with them right out of the gate to find out they have a 15 min. warranty on everything they do.