Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

FUN, STUPID, SCARY, and INCREDIBLE DANAGEROUS!!!

Old 05-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007
Default FUN, STUPID, SCARY, and INCREDIBLE DANAGEROUS!!!

Yesterday I was going to work, and I see this Black Monte Coming Up on Me Hot! So I moved over to let it pass, and as it did, I noticed it was a Supercharged SS... Something inside said, "Let's have some fun..." So I punched it and roared up on its bumper... Which was the signal to, "LET THE GAMES BEGIN!"

Mind you... We are now traveling 90-MPH...

He punches it and trys to pull away, but I lock onto his bumper and we are weaving through slower traffic at now 115-120-MPH.

Finally both lanes open up and I hammer it, I pass him at 130 and he has nothing left so I pull away and leave in the dust. My exit approached and I jumped off, and I look up and a Washtenaw Sheriff is dead on his butt lights flashing.

I get to work and my heart is still racing... A little happy, a little scared, but smiling ear to ear....

Old 05-10-2009, 03:19 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Are you sure you both weren't in a Fast and Furious commercial?

Sounds liek you 2 were movin' and a groovin'.

Your right is saying it was kinda stupid, but atleast nothing happened to you and the cop went after the other guy.

honestly, i would be going the same thing if i could.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Photobucket

Oh... It wasn't kind of Stupid... It was Shear Stupidity!!! But sometimes you have to get a little stupid...

If the other guy had started to do something crazy, like cut someone off, or use the Emergency Lane, I would have backed off quickly. But this guy seemed to know how to properly handle his car and traffic was light and was staggered almost perfectly to allow us to weave through them. But we must have passed that Sherrif at 120-130, because I never saw him until I was off the express way at the traffic light and looked up to see my man and the cop roaring by. Imagine that cop sitting there waiting for someone to come by going 80, when two cars roar pass at 125+, both monte carlos, both SS', both black, and from behind look the same. It probably took him a few miles to catch up, because most of the police cruisers around here have supercharged V6s. Only the interceptors have the 425-hp superchared Hemi Chargers.

I can tell you, at 130, the monte gets a little light... when the wind blew hard enough it would make the car drift a little.

Old 05-10-2009, 05:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

WOW, Thats crazy man.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:06 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

CRAZI CRAIG! That's whut were goin ta call ya!
Is that the 1st time you've opened her up that far?

Old 05-10-2009, 07:19 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Thats awesome. We need more downforce yo. Haha

Old 05-10-2009, 07:28 PM

i also have been there it was the middle of summer and i was in jansville wi. It started off pretty normal but my friend was haning out with this kid form beloit. Well my monte was kinda new yet and my friend was like yall should race. This kid had a hyindia electra. We lined up and took off i of course had him the first time. The secound time we lined up going the other way. We took off and then i backed offer early because the building was ending. Just as the building ended there was a cop, the cop swung at me then swung at the other guy because he parked. and i left. I meet up with him later and he said the cop came to his car and asked who was the other guy. He replied "i dont no i just meet him" the cop took his lienence and went to his car. A few minutes later he came back thew his lienence in the car and said "i aint got time for this **** get out of here" and the cop took off like a bat out of hell. So we both got a way but i was still the fastest.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:01 PM
Photobucket

Originally Posted by RocknSS04
CRAZI CRAIG! That's whut were goin ta call ya!
Is that the 1st time you've opened her up that far?
Second time, the first time I got her up to 127 on a farm road and got scared and backed off... This time I only glanced down to see it moving around the 130-132 markers and I put my attention back on the road.

I think it still had room... I don't know how fast our cars will go, or where the computer shuts you down, but 130ish is more speed than anyone needs for a street car...

Old 05-10-2009, 08:16 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Originally Posted by black attack
but 130ish is more speed than anyone needs for a street car...
Agreed!

Old 05-10-2009, 09:50 PM

i disagree....... 200 will do just fine

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FUN, STUPID, SCARY, and INCREDIBLE DANAGEROUS!!!