General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Trade in Value/03 Monte SS/Anyone Interested?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 05:45 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Trade in Value/03 Monte SS/Anyone Interested?

First off, not posting this in the For Sale because I'm not really trying hard to sell it yet....

Hey guys. Got a lot of stuff going on and lots of "roads" ahead of me i could take depending on how things go. One route could be trading my monte and getting a 2011 Mustang. I was wondering what you guys thought. I have an 03 Ss with 135000 miles. No rust. I repainted it, couple of minor blemishes, overall clran car. Has anyone ever had a trade in offer and how much could i.expect. I know what kbb says but what about real life? also, would any members here be interested in the car? thanks!

So I've had the car for 6 years and I'm just ready for something different if we're to be honest. The option for a trade would be if I cancel my summer vacation and use that money for something else anyway. I am hoping I get accepted for this new teaching position which would be a for a year round school, which would have some staff training in late June and then teachers start in early July... which would mess up my plans for a Route 66 run this year.....

If anyone is interested, make me an offer. Here is everything I can think of that I've replaced....

Air Conditioner (April 09)
Valve Cover Gaskets (December 11)
Wheel Hub Assemblies, front. (September 12)
Water pump and coolant elbows (October 12)
Cowl vent seal (November 12)

I also repainted the car in June of '12 and there are a few blemishes from where I painted it in a carport. Two chips on the front bumper in the grill, a few swirls from buffing it out, and one blemish where the paint is "bubbled" on the rear bumper.

Car has no rust that I know of.

Any help would be appreciated... thanks!

Old 04-02-2013, 10:17 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I can't say as I blame you Duane. Realistically, it's 10 years old now. And you've owned it for 6 years. Which is impressive for many people. But especially a Ford guy like yourself. I can see you in a Mustang.

You have the Torino to drive around as a fair weather cruiser. Getting a Mustang as a daily driver, and car you can really mod and have fun with sounds like a cool idea.

This being a Chevy forum, and I do prefer Chevies. But I know you're a blue oval guy at heart. And I know you'd be happier in a 'stang. Just don't go boring. You can't have fun wrenching on a Fusion.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:32 PM

I agree with Taz. Its always sad to see any member sell their Monte but in the end most do and its understandable. Personally I've never really been a fan of Ford but I bought my truck a 2000 F150 and aside from the common issues with these years its been a solid truck so Fords are good in my book. Just be sure to keep us posted on how it turns out