General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

For Those Like Me Who Are On A Budget

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Lightbulb For Those Like Me Who Are On A Budget

So you need a CAI. Where you going to get one?

Wizaired? Coldairinductions.com? Custom made out of dodo bird bones by Steven Spielberg?

How about $45 total delivered to your front door?

Ebay seller: insys-usa

Last edited by Space; 08-20-2010 at 06:57 AM. Reason: to add Light Bulb `Idea & Balls : )
Old 08-19-2010, 08:34 PM

Good luck with that.
Maybe ask the mods to put this in the commercial for sale section.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jomao_o
Good luck with that.
Maybe ask the mods to put this in the commercial for sale section.
Im not the seller of this item. I am simply a very satisfied customer.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

That is a HAI

Old 08-19-2010, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Montelicious
That is a HAI
While it isnt shielded, it does draw from the same place that the stock airbox did.

For a tiny fraction of the price, you get all the same advantages of a $250 unit.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:05 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Snyderman
While it isnt shielded, it does draw from the same place that the stock airbox did.

For a tiny fraction of the price, you get all the same advantages of a $250 unit.

somewhat yes and no. but it would be better enclosed to get the most out of it. and by the way your engine bay looks very clean, wish mine looked that good...

Old 08-19-2010, 10:06 PM

Looks cool and seems like you're really happy with it, I dont think you're gonna see any HP gains. You might get a little better response though. Your best bet would be to buy some more piping and snake it into the fender or in the bumper and then you'll get some better gains. Where did you get it BTW?? Anyway, It does look cool and ALOT better than a stock setup.. Good job.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by wht02monte
Looks cool and seems like you're really happy with it, I dont think you're gonna see any HP gains. You might get a little better response though. Your best bet would be to buy some more piping and snake it into the fender or in the bumper and then you'll get some better gains. Where did you get it BTW?? Anyway, It does look cool and ALOT better than a stock setup.. Good job.
Yeah, when I was younger and had fewer bills, I put all the best in my CRX. I couldnt tell any diff as far as power, but it made the exhaust sound way better. The blowing of almost $500 on that CAI soured me on spending big $ on mods.

This one does much the same, maybe slight power gain, but she sounds so much better. I dont have the SS, and dont drive fast anymore, so I just want my Flowmasters to sound more evil.

I got it off eBay. Honestly, when I opened the package and saw a way nicer filter than I was expecting, I wondered how much of a profit they can possibly turn with this unit.

If you dont have the bread for all the mods you want, this is a phenomenal buy that can free up cash for other fun things.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

the only thing is, its not enclosed so its getting a mixture of hot and cold air, but the hot air is going to combine and just make the hot air, so when the engine heats up you wont be getting horsepower, you will be losing, which some people think raises mpg, but in reality its making the engine work harder to suck in that air.

it will definately sound better, but is worse for the engine.

but if you like it, in most cases thats all that counts =]

Old 08-20-2010, 04:28 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yeah, that's a HAI. It'll sound better but that's about it. Like everyone is saying, either enclose it or add more piping to it and send it into the fender. The engine wants to breath in colder air, just like you or me.

Quick Reply: For Those Like Me Who Are On A Budget