General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Thinking...

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 12:24 AM

There's nothing wrong with the car. That's real world MPG for the LS4, and I've researched the Accord V6 and it's real world MPG in the city is like 21, mix in a little HWY and I'm sure it's even better.
I was just saying, 15 mpg is on the far bottom end for 'real world' LS4's. I personally know 3 other LS4's other than myself that are doing the rated 18 or better. That's why I said- if your car is doing a good bit worse than others, maybe you've got a tougher drive or maybe your car is just a freak for bad gas mileage. That's not to say I haven't heard people getting 14's and 15's- but that is definitely the bottom couple percent of owners, and a lot of those people admit to railing on it, or using tapshift and running the rpms up a lot.

You're probably right though about the dealer trade-in thing. My car, as I've said in previous posts, has 27K miles. The same as this particular Accord.
I must've missed the mileage. Anyways, KBB for your car being an 06 with 27K is $10,500 in good condition, $11,000 in excellent condition at dealer trade in price, private party is closer to $13k.

So if you trade in on that car for sticker, you're talking paying $5k + tax, title, etc- definitely not a straight trade- and thats quite a way to talk them down, I doubt you'd even get them to meet you half way.

You can definitely do an even trade (obviously plus taxes, and such)- but if you plan to actually trade it- you're going to have to start looking a lot lower in the price scale. I hate to say it, but that is the bad thing about GM's (especially compared to that Honda)- they don't hold their value at all. It's great when you're buying used- not so great when you go to sell.

Last edited by bumpin96monte; 03-26-2010 at 12:34 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:38 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
27k miles, I'd keep it, that is a beautiful car...
Thanks. I'm going to.
Originally Posted by silverbullitt
smart car
Blah.
Originally Posted by bumpin96monte
I was just saying, 15 mpg is on the far bottom end for 'real world' LS4's. I personally know 3 other LS4's other than myself that are doing the rated 18 or better. That's why I said- if your car is doing a good bit worse than others, maybe you've got a tougher drive or maybe your car is just a freak for bad gas mileage. That's not to say I haven't heard people getting 14's and 15's- but that is definitely the bottom couple percent of owners, and a lot of those people admit to railing on it, or using tapshift and running the rpms up a lot.
I've read through quite a few threads on LS1tech and I'm pretty sure I'm averaging the same as most others with an LS4.
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-fr...ht=gas+mileage

I want to get an intake, catted down pipe, and TBS, I'm sure those mods will help. I'm also planning on using some MAF cleaner when I do the install, and I bet that could possibly help too. The only mod I have that has unrestricted the flow of air would be my mufflers, and I know damn well that wouldn't net me any gains. We'll see.

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte
I must've missed the mileage. Anyways, KBB for your car being an 06 with 27K is $10,500 in good condition, $11,000 in excellent condition at dealer trade in price, private party is closer to $13k.

So if you trade in on that car for sticker, you're talking paying $5k + tax, title, etc- definitely not a straight trade- and thats quite a way to talk them down, I doubt you'd even get them to meet you half way.

You can definitely do an even trade (obviously plus taxes, and such)- but if you plan to actually trade it- you're going to have to start looking a lot lower in the price scale. I hate to say it, but that is the bad thing about GM's (especially compared to that Honda)- they don't hold their value at all. It's great when you're buying used- not so great when you go to sell.
Yeah it would take a lot of negotiating and fighting with the dealer, that's why I'm going to keep my car. I honestly don't think that this "trade" would have been such a bad thing though. If it wasn't for money I would have probably done it. lol

Old 03-26-2010, 11:11 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Remember Bumpin' also have an LS4, so he's not just someone who is "assuming" things for your car.

I'm glad to hear you are keeping the car though

Old 03-26-2010, 11:45 AM
Photobucket

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Remember Bumpin' also have an LS4, so he's not just someone who is "assuming" things for your car.

I'm glad to hear you are keeping the car though
Oh, I know. I have no idea how he can get any better than 16 MPG in the city though, I really don't.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:52 AM

hey just think about how you would feel when you see someone ripping around in YOUR car!! beating the poor thing up!!! some little teeny bopper whos richie parents just bought it for him??

Old 03-26-2010, 12:04 PM
Photobucket

Originally Posted by wht02monte
hey just think about how you would feel when you see someone ripping around in YOUR car!! beating the poor thing up!!! some little teeny bopper whos richie parents just bought it for him??
I'd say, good for you. lol

Sleep easy though. Mr. Burns will continue to sleep next to his ancestor for years (hopefully) to come. Thanks again for listening/reading everyone.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
I'd say, good for you. lol.
ummm*laugh* again im lost here what do you mean

Old 03-26-2010, 12:46 PM

I think he means he wouldn't care, as in apathy. Besides, you don't choose who buys your car unless you're selling it yourself anyhow. Glad to hear you'll be keeping the Monte. For what it's worth I'm super jealous of the ride bud, it's got the v8 an ss deserves.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Time for those headers!!!!

Old 03-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Photobucket

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Time for those headers!!!!
Nah, I'm now after a Hogan catted DP. I'm thinking a lot of the header guys will be seller off theirs since they won't really need it anymore. The heads are too much cash. I'd be supper happy with I can get a few mods done this spring that are performance oriented.

I'll just have to keep it a secret from the fiance. lol

Quick Reply: Thinking...