General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Info: Is there going to be a new Monte Carlo coming out?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 08:32 AM
Default Is there going to be a new Monte Carlo coming out?

Was just wondering ive seen concept cars labeled as Monte Carlo with dates of 2018 or 19 but will there ever be a new production line of a new model Monte Carlo coming out anytime soon?

Old 04-06-2018, 08:59 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

2018 or 19 is a no - you would have seen an actual car and/or it would be physically on the road by now if that was the case. And 5-10 years out is highly doubtful. That's not to say it would be cool to have it back sometime in the future, because it would. From what I know it's not happening anytime soon.

Chevrolet redesigned the front ends of the Cruze, Malibu and Spark for the 2019 model year and those are already being featured on their sites. And the all new 2019 Silverado has been out physically at auto shows/events.

Old 04-06-2018, 09:42 AM

Thanks..then i guess i just keep fixing my 2002 Monte Carlo that ive had for 16 years now! Any idea where i can get a like factory paint job on the back end? it was in a fender bender in 2010 and the co that fixed the bumper repainted the back end and all the clear coat came off now and it looks awful...i want to get the back redone to look like the factory paint job still on the rest of the car...i dont trust a lot of these car paint places causei think they dont do good work or care enough to make it look goood.

Old 04-06-2018, 12:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Robert Lang
Any idea where i can get a like factory paint job on the back end?
I'd try a dealership (w/body shop). I've had good luck with Chevrolet/GM dealerships and paint.

Old 04-06-2018, 05:03 PM

I got rearended in my 93 Camaro and the dealership did a near-perfect job. It probably helped that the rear fenders were metal instead of composite, but it still looked great.

Old 04-06-2018, 09:26 PM

I'll third going to the dealer for paint. I got rear ended in my monte back in like 02 and a dealer did the paint work. The parts left that they fixed/painted still look as good as the stock paint.

Old 04-11-2018, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Lang
Thanks..then i guess i just keep fixing my 2002 Monte Carlo that ive had for 16 years now! Any idea where i can get a like factory paint job on the back end? it was in a fender bender in 2010 and the co that fixed the bumper repainted the back end and all the clear coat came off now and it looks awful...i want to get the back redone to look like the factory paint job still on the rest of the car...i dont trust a lot of these car paint places causei think they dont do good work or care enough to make it look goood.
I'd agree with the others for a job like this - their body shops have to be good at matching paint. Most likely whoever did it didn't bother with the flex agent it needs to have on plastic body parts...let us see how it turns out!

Old 05-28-2018, 04:57 PM

a new monty carlo, it will never happen, been replaced by the Camaro.

Old 05-30-2018, 07:12 PM

GM killed off the Monte Carlo badge when it was deemed redundant to the Camaro. They had to start cutting old models and unfortunately the Camaro just has way too much staying power in GM's lineup then the Monte ever had.