General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Thanks. Saved me money on very sluggish MC

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Default Thanks. Saved me money on very sluggish MC

I'm new to the MC FORUM. Ya'll saved me a lot of money today. My '03 SS been sluggish for a little time now then quickly deteriorated in the last week. Not the fuel injection, fuel filter, Seafoam didn't work, air filter, or even transmission. Did a search last night and stumbled into this forum. Read a lot about similar situations and kept reading that its probably the cat converter. Sure enough got confirmation this morninig that it was. Funny thing is, I also read that GM has extendedthe warranty on catalytic converters (even if manufactory warrany is expired)up to a certain amount of miles on '00- '02 models. Guess what my '03 is also included and she's at the dealership right now gettin all done up no charge. If you have the same problem call...

GM customer assistance. They will get your VIN number and they will confirm if you're covered.
1 (866) 790-5600

Old 08-26-2008, 02:54 PM
Default RE: Thanks. Saved me money on very sluggish MC

Hi LuckSS, and Welcome to the Monte Carlo Forum.
Happy to read that your found the problems and hopefully
the MCF helped in some way.
We have many members with great knowledge on all
the generations of the Monte Carlo.
Thanks also for your posted information and phone # for
other members that may read your post.
You have a beautiful Monte Carlo SS
[:-]
What type and size are your rim`s ?
Let us know what mod`s you have done `ok
Look forward to your future posts and pictures.
One of our Top MCF Moderators is from Las Vegas
Mod Bigg `J -Jason-
He has a 05 Awesome Silver Ghost Monte Carlo.
Wish you good luck with your Monte and `Life.
`Space

Old 08-26-2008, 02:59 PM

thanks. but tring to figure out how to include picture on my signature.

Old 08-26-2008, 03:07 PM

Hi Luck,
Try the below to put your photobucket pic between small case img
[img] place you pic here [/img]

Old 08-26-2008, 03:14 PM

[align=center]Hi `James, Your picture is to large for a `sig.[/align][align=center]When you upload again on Photobucket, use smaller size when uploading,[/align][align=center]so it fits into `sig block.[/align][align=center](Look below your Monte Pic for proper img`s for your new photo`s)[/align][align=center]It should work like I posted above. Good Luck[/align][align=center]Sweet Look`in Monte Carlo SS 4 Sure : )[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Copy and Paste in2 your `sig profile area of MCF * Pic need 2 be resized : ([/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][img]http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/r...uck/PIC121.jpg[/img][/align]

Old 08-26-2008, 03:21 PM

thanks

Old 08-26-2008, 03:35 PM

what do you mean by "sluggish"?

Old 08-26-2008, 03:45 PM

I used to complain to my friends that it didn't feel right, not the same gitty up. Gradually I just knew it wasnt right. In the last week, it got to the point where it felt like I was pulling a bus. At a intersection, green light to 45 is a slow process. Almost wanted to put the hazard lights on yesterday. Even if I did try and give more gas, the engine would stall like its not in gear. No check engine light, no loud noises exept the soung of the engine working more than it should. Took it in this morning for full diagnostic after autozone didn't get a diagnostic code on their machine. They said that was due to there being no check engine light on. So the shop this morning got dirty and found the catalytic converter was clogged bad and needed replaced. Took it to the dealership and they are duing it no charge. '03 SS 69,000 miles.

Old 08-26-2008, 03:53 PM

wow thanks wonder if they will work on mine even tho im not the 1st owner

Old 08-26-2008, 04:12 PM

I wasn't the first owner either. When I called that number in the first post, they asked me if I was theoriginal ownerand for the VIN number. Ran the VIN and said it would be covered. You may have to argue with the dealership that you don't have to pay labor and GM pays them because thats what I heard from someone else.

Quick Reply: Thanks. Saved me money on very sluggish MC