General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Taz Edition LOL

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 09:13 AM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Taz Edition LOL

I thought this was pretty funny, not a bad looking car though.
Chevrolet : Monte Carlo SS Chevrolet : Monte Carlo SS | eBay

Old 06-07-2012, 09:18 AM

Looks good for 87K miles...It will be interesting to see what it sells for ? Considering the below Rebuilt title
with a
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TH id=v4-59 class="vi-ia-hdAl vi-ia-attrLabel vi-ia-attrColPadding" noWrap align=left>Vehicle Title: </TH><TD class=vi-ia-attrColPadding width="50%" headers=v4-59>Rebuilt, Rebuildable & Reconstructed</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks BlackRainS.S. (no first name in your profile)
for finding/sharing...Maybe one of our member's will be interested in buying it for parts ? ?

Last edited by Space; 06-07-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:25 AM

whats the deal with all the taz stuff on the 6th gens?(i know this is a 7th gen just curious) i know the whole nascar deal, and im guessing sponsorship, but i dont get it. i mean i liked taz when i was 10 or so but i dont want him on my car.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
whats the deal with all the taz stuff on the 6th gens?(i know this is a 7th gen just curious) i know the whole nascar deal, and im guessing sponsorship, but i dont get it. i mean i liked taz when i was 10 or so but i dont want him on my car.

Hi `Alex,
Some people like `space, just never seem to grow `up..4-Sure (LOL)
"2 each their own" 4-Sure...
Now, I'm going to have to get you something else for Christmas ( I was going to send you a Taz decal) LOL

I contacted `Taz and below is what he said to me

LOL ~ LOL ~>

Old 06-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
... or running a website.

That is a bad case of someone putting a bunch of 6th gen stickers on a 7th gen SS. And doing a not so good job of it. The checker flags aren't bad. But the other stuff has to go. Especially the sticker on the dash.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:33 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
... or running a website.

That is a bad case of someone putting a bunch of 6th gen stickers on a 7th gen SS. And doing a not so good job of it. The checker flags aren't bad. But the other stuff has to go. Especially the sticker on the dash.
i can't see the thing at work.. ebay blocked but if it's anything like the outside i don't want to see it....

take a better look at the flags... front is set too far up and back and by the looks of it the back ones are too far up as well

snagged Greg(MillerMonteSS)'s pic as a referance
<->

Last edited by Space; 06-07-2012 at 11:44 AM. Reason: added selling monte to thread 4 comparsion
Old 06-07-2012, 11:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i dont think its worth what hes asking lol it has a rebuilt title and needs the front ss piece so clearley its been wrecked

thing is all over south FL craigslist guy seems like a douche too :p

Old 06-07-2012, 11:46 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't all the history between Taz and the Monte Carlo, but Taz has been a symbol used with the Monte longer then just the 6th gens. I believe the 4th gens used Taz in some promo material.

But that car on eBay has poorly applied Taz decal is he was trying to go with a factory 6th gen look. The dash one is COMPLETELY out of place. The car has a rebuilt title and when you read the first paragraph, the guy is a bit arrogant and a bit of a jerk. But hey, whatever, I'm not looking to buy, not my problem.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote from seller

First off, let me inform you that i have sold both rebuilt and clean title cars. So I don't need a lecture on my price. Simply just bid/make an offer or keep it moving. I have a car as far as Alaska and none of my cars come back so its a deal or no deal. i took detail pictures so if you have addition questions READDDDDDDDDDDDDD the whole listing before you ask me..either way here is the car info...

REBUILT title (NOOOO air bags deployed and NOOO frame damage)
Sorry, no offer & we shall move on... Oh `NOOOOOO
His words speaks volumes 4-Sure
It's great that none of his cars came back from Alaska, but they all broke `down & couldn't make it back for a refund ~>
**Warning `Space *** No bashing on the MCF

Last edited by Space; 06-07-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
i can't see the thing at work.. ebay blocked but if it's anything like the outside i don't want to see it....

take a better look at the flags... front is set too far up and back and by the looks of it the back ones are too far up as well

snagged Greg(MillerMonteSS)'s pic as a referance
<->
Good eye man! Looks like Greg realized that the 7th gen headlights extend further back than the 6th gens. Meaning Greg had to trim the first checker box in order to make the rest of the flag line up properly.

I guess the seller of this Monte didn't know, or didn't feel like doing it properly. On second thought, it kind of looks like he didn't take enough care to do any of the decals properly. Looks like he just eyeballed it quickly and stuck them on.

Quick Reply: Taz Edition LOL