General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

talk about your monte lol

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

wow i guess i was a little late gettin to my own post lol. im envious of everyones monte on here D: lol. i guess i can talk about my own. its a 96 z34 that ive had for 2 years now. im the third owner and my baby only has 106k miles. performance mods are a fenderwell intake, muffler delete and heavy foot :P no exterior mods except lumina tails and a bowtie on the windshield. interior is stock except for a sony xplod head unit and pioneer 6x9's and i have a sub but no amp at the moment. im hopin to someday get every dent out and repaint it laser metallic blue and to one day turbo it ahh i can dream right? lol

Old 08-10-2011, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by nighthawk626
i have an '86 ss, 87ttops ss, 04 intimidator ss. im in the process of sell my 04 because im tired of making car payments and not too fond of it anymore since its like 300 6th gen monte carlos on this airforce base ever since i got mine. and im also looking to sell my 86 ss because im tryna focus on making my ss look like the one in the pic below
I love those 87's. although im not a huge fan of the rims on the future look.

Old 08-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have a 2006 Super Sport I purchased new in March of 2006.
I named her Lil Deuce Coupe cause I like the Beach Boys and this song reminds me so much of this car. My "Big Slip daddy" is the Diablo Lew tune I have. The Magna flow although not really lake pipes are loud. Most people don't know what she has because non chevy drivers think she is a six cylinder.

What she has:
MPD Ram air hood
K&N cold air induction
Chip tune by Lew
XXR gold wheels
Anzio Projection Halos
Custom red leather trim by me.
LedGlow undercarrage glow lights
Intergrated Phone
Leather heated seats and mirrors
multi disk CD with MP3

What I want to add:
I'd like to shave the chrome GM logo squares and add old school knight crest emblems.

Lower it by at least 1.5 inches.

Some nice door sills

One of these years I'd like to paint her candy apple red and add gold ghost flames behind the white side panel SS logos with maybe a monte knight crest painted on the hood scoop. This last one is just a dream right now

Last edited by Tadcaster; 08-10-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:35 PM

I have a 2000 LS

I purchased this car used in late September of '10 w/ about 53,5xx miles. I've since rolled it to 62,2xx. The car cosmetically was pretty good on the inside, although it had some problems on the outside. A lot of knicks and chips in the paint. The rusty wheel wells were poorly repaired (some Ohio winter salt undid that). So mainly I've just been painting and repairing.

Current Mods:
- Swapped trunk lid w/ an '05 w/ a NASCAR spoiler
- Wheel wells fixed and painted
- Problem spots painted
- Ground effects painted body color
- Dual Magnaflow exhaust
- "Monte Carlo" windshield banner
- Added fog lights

Future Mods (in order):
- L67 w/ HD trans swap (48k miles)
- PCM tune (Overkill tune)
- Wizaired CAI
- Either headers or a downpipe (Magnaflow or ZZP w/ H/F Cat)
- HIDs
- Change all interior lights to LED (they're starting to burn out, especially on the radio)
- Dale Jr Rims w/ 17" tires (for fair weather rims)

Last edited by Mike 00LS; 08-10-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:09 PM

My '02 Monty was bought new from the lot, we loved the pace car look so we found the only "real" pace car in town and my sticker guy measured everything and made a near perfect copy She mostly takes 3rd in shows. but the last two years she had a hard life not knowing if she was going to have a home. she was traded in 3 times. for a '10 Camaro, '10 Avalanche, and then a '09 Avalanche(the first blow its engine) bought back each time and 3rd time i told them I'm buying her and gave them my two cars and a little cash. but today shes sitting in the shop getting her cooling system worked on. As for the future, a new paint job in the works, replace the decals and I think she'll stay the way she is. Sorry, I like to ramble about her

Staying the night at the shop

Old 08-10-2011, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Maw
I love those 87's. although im not a huge fan of the rims on the future look.
i actually like em considering its more than 5 spokes but im not decided on which rims im gonna get but its gonna be black with chrome lips and my seats are gonna look like the buick grand national seats impatience is a deadly disease

Old 08-10-2011, 08:26 PM

"LuSe4" (pronounced Lucifer), is a 2006 Monte SS. I bought him March of 2009. He was a lease turn in with 26,000 miles on (currently has 42,000ish miles). The previous owner took excellent care of him. He has been a great car that I really enjoy owning. Here are a list of the mods I have done so far:

Tinted windows
Front and rear STB's
painted calipers
Stainless exhaust tips
tinted third brake light
Depo headlights
SS overlays
Bowtie wheel overlays
"SS" on grille
blacked out chrome on grille
"SS'" on headrests

The only mods I may still do is a tuner to get rid of the DOD, maybe a Magnaflow catback (if I can find a deal), and a resonator delete. I try to keep him spotless and polished which sometimes can be a losing battle with a black car.

Last edited by LuSe4; 08-10-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:09 AM

Well mine is an 06 SS i picked up two March's ago...March 17th was the exact date if I remember correctly..My first "new to me" car purchased from a dealer...Prior to that I had an 01 SS which was Blue..I inherited from my GPA and letting it go was pretty hard to do because of the sentimental value but it was it's time.. ANYWAYS! Got it with about 42xxx on it now it was 54xxx...I have a bit done to it...The K-N intake I installed myself, very easy to do..The Hogan DP and SLP Catback were installed by my grandpa and stepdad while i was in my pre deployment workup... And yeah thats pretty much it I got back last march and have been driving it crazy since...And it currently has transmission problems, pretty sure its the Torque Converter...

Old 08-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Night Hawk, Very nice Ride I like that total black out you did on her.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Click on the link under my sig, that will bring you to my monte's thread... it would just be ALOT to type!

Quick Reply: talk about your monte lol