General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

talk about your monte lol

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 09:43 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default talk about your monte lol

welp i got bored and didnt feel like asking every single person on here about their monte so im making a thread. just tell what monte you have and details about what you've done to it. and what you have planned for the future. and you can also tell what you wish wasnt done to it lol

Old 08-10-2011, 01:58 AM

i have an '86 ss, 87ttops ss, 04 intimidator ss. im in the process of sell my 04 because im tired of making car payments and not too fond of it anymore since its like 300 6th gen monte carlos on this airforce base ever since i got mine. and im also looking to sell my 86 ss because im tryna focus on making my ss look like the one in the pic below

87 ss

86 ss

future look

Old 08-10-2011, 08:23 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I have an 03 Monte that I special ordered brand new back in Oct 02. It was my daily driver for around 3 years and my summer fun car for nearly 6 years. Now it just strictly a show car and only gets driven about once a week - too many crazy drivers out there. I picked up my 05 SS used back in Feb of 09 with 59k on it. Now it has around 88k on it. I am done modding both cars and the mods are listed in my sig.

Last edited by AwesomeSS; 08-10-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:00 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have a 2000 Monte Carlo SS, custom ordered from the factory in Feb 2000. It has been daily driven since then, currently at 180,000 miles. On my second transmission. Damn 4t65e.

A few months after it came home, the bottom was painted silver and red (then Chevy goes and makes that an OPTION, jerks!)

Currently I have a Custom Tuned PCM, CAI, ZZP HVTB, ZZP HV3, ZZP ER Rockers, 180* Thermo, ZZP Front SS Powerlog, ZZP 2.5" Downpipe, GMPP Cat-Back Exhaust.

On the outside I have the SLP Grille, 18" Polished Aluminum Eagle 077s, GR2 Painted Brake Calipers, In-Channel rain guards, Roof Rails, 7th Generation Spoiler to replace the surfboard, Black LED tails, 3rd brake light cover, and blacked out reverse housings.

On the inside I have a full black leather interior. I have my beautiful Wheelskin Leather wheel cover, leather wrapped shift ****, 2000 Pace Car head rests, and Front and Rear STBs.

My future goals are getting an F-body to DD while I put a ZZP Z3 Turbo and TEP Built Transmission the Monte.

Last edited by ChibiBlackSheep; 08-10-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:52 AM

Well, I have an 03 Monte Carlo SS. My mother bought it used in 2006 I believe, after trading in her identical 03 Monte Carlo SS in victory red. She was the second owner of the black one. It was given to me after she got her new 2010 Camaro RS. Umm, what else.. It's been in 2 accidents so far (none of those being our fault), so now the front bumper isn't quite aligned correctly. It's currently unmodded, and probably will be for a while because I'm going to college now, need every cent I get. It has a black leather interior, with every option from the factory. It has about 97k miles on it now. I absolutely love this car and there is no way I'm getting rid of it anytime soon, or ever..

Edit: Forgot to mention, the only mod I'll be doing in the near future is installing one of these to my dashboard:

I just joined the Fire Dept. so I'm allowed to install Blue LEDs, so hopefully people pull over for me to get to the firehouse quicker. Can't wait to see how the Monte looks with these lights.

Last edited by nyislanders; 08-10-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member

well i bought my current monte on 5-1-11 A 2003 HIGH SPORT WHITE SS

this is my third monte i have owned in over a year, prior to this one was an 01 Yellow LS, then a 00 Silver high sport one, then a 99 Ford Lightning and now my current monte
I must say I LOVE MONTES!! :p
only things done on this one are just a "CAI" Drilled and slotted rotors and few cosmetic changes
i plan on buying another monte in the future so no major modding will be done to this one

Old 08-10-2011, 11:11 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Description:

Description:2001 Monte Carlo SS/HS
Got this car bone stock at the end of January 20th 2010 .. LOVE THIS CAR ALL SHE NEEDED WAS SOME TLC TO BRING HER BACK UP TO SPEED
High sport limited edition includes:
16" aluminum wheels,race inspired real spoiler,stainless steel exhaust tips,Ground efx , limited edition Gage cluster. and come in White matching body paint gorund effects only, Galaxy Silver matching body paint gorund effects only, Black all or black and Galaxy Silver gorund effects,all Torch red or Torch red with Galaxy Silver gorund effects

Engine/Drivetrain Modifications:

3 Car Batteries 1 Optima Yellow Top D 34/78 - 2 SHURIKEN SK-BT20 in the trunk -200 amp custom built alternator 14.1 v -CAI-Cat back borla exaust-zzp pcm -u bend delete-zzp down pipe-Polyurethane Engine Mounts-Ram Air box mod

Suspension Modifications:

Rear Heightening Springs

Wheels/Tires Modifications:

Rims off a 2005 Super Charged SS -Tires 225/55/R17 -custom Painted Brake Calipers-Black Lugnuts

Interior/Exterior Modifications:

Ram Air hood-25%Tinted windows-Vent visors-Slp Grill upper-Slp lower grill -JVC Arsenal KW-NT3HDT double din deck w/Nav-2 Kicker L7s 15" dual 4 ohm - 2 Kicker 1000.1 IX mono Amps- Kicker 500.4 IX amp-2 Focal 8" 210 Cai Coaxial's -Sound stream BX-20Z bass enhancer / line driver- Audio Control DQXS digital sound processor - Focal K2 165 KRX3 -2nd set of 1 1/2" Focal K2 tweeters-1 layer of sound deadening in and on the doors 2 layers of sound deadening in the trunk and deck lid + LizardSkin spray in sound deadner in the wheel well - 10" x 12" vent in rear deck for the subs - 6x9 speaker delete(using for 8" Focals )- Custom painted SS badges-Black Monte Carlo badges-Wireless radar detector-Remote start Key less entry/ 2 way paging alarm- On star delete-Custom SS Head rests-custom SS rear bonded and renforced deck lid panel-Backup Camera-Roof Rails -Tinted top front windshield-2 sets of 8000 hid headlights (high and low)-1 set of Hid 3000k fog lights-tinted tail lights and 3rd eye brake light- SS door sill plates- Custom painted engine cover- 4 Strobs 2 Headlight 2 Reverse Lights

before

after

Old 08-10-2011, 11:19 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Ive got a 2003 SS Jeff Gordon Edition

Bought it for $1000 in 06, car was in a roll over & i spent 2 years fixing it

It has 105k miles on it now, ive got 8k hids for highs & lows & 10k fogs, custom blue paint, 2 MTX 7500 subs, Rockford Fosgate t1500 amp, pioneer avh 4200 dvd, 02 camaroo ss brake calipers & EBC yellowstuff pads, res & u bend delete, black housing headlights, tinted taillights, custom 2 light tails, custom intake, & prob more that im.missing lol

Last edited by 03JGMonte; 08-10-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:35 AM

I have an 2005 Monte ls that my parents bought for me for school in 07, it has been in a couple accidents which were unfortantly my fault. I have not really done any serious mods to it, just a lot of painting and I tried to make my own filter and failed. Iove this car and have tons of plans for it. I won't trade it for anything else......ever!!! It currently have over 80 thousand miles on it. I am in college so money is tight. I want to buy another one, I don't know, bit I love this car!!

Old 08-10-2011, 05:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011

Jester_20's 06 Monte Carlo SS

Engine: Haven't really done anything to the engine yet, however future plans include a CAI, exhaust, and Diablo tuner (both are hopefully winter projects). To jazz up the engine bay a little, i painted my own version of the C5 corvette emblem (which has a monte carlo crest rather than a torch) on the headliner.

Interior: As for the interior, i've added SS headrests and some "million color" led's under the dash and front & rear seats. Custom "Monte Carlo" and "Chevrolet Racing" floormats are also a feature even though they only come out for shows. As far as audio goes, I've set up a RockfordFosgate 3sixty.2 processor to run amps and eq directly off the stock headunit.

Exterior: I don't know why I'm such a fan of stickers, but I've got a chrome bowtie on the top of my rear window and a "pace-car replica" monte carlo banner spanning the front windshield. Chevrolet reads in silver in the door sills, and black "ss" inlays to go along with the headlights that i pulled apart and painted black. The most recent of exterior mods has to be the rims/tires. A couple months ago i plasti-dipped part of the stock rims and painted the lettering on the tires yellow to make her "pop" a little more when she's parked at shows.

I've owned 3 monte's so far and can proudly say I've got my (realistic) "dream" car (I'd still take a 69 judge though ). I've done all the installs and modifications myself and haven't cut a single corner, even when it came to running amp/power wires (which sucks ), it's all done right. This is the first car I've ever taken to shows and it's been a great ride ever since it started. My 96 ls was my first monte and was a great school car, my 02 ls looked great and got me through college, and my 06 is a lifer.

Sorry it got a little long, thanks for readin

Quick Reply: talk about your monte lol