General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Tail light assemblies

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 11:05 AM
1 Year Member
Arrow Opinion Needed: Tail light assemblies

Edit: see my second post

So long story short:

My tail lights got vandalized, got police report, insurance should pay for others or pay me out (hand me the money, what I'm likely to do unless I get a low ball estimate).

What are some good looking Led tail lights for 2000-2005 montes,?
keep in mind it's red.

I'm either going to go this route or get cheapies from the JY and throw the money at a stereo, which I also kinda need at this point.

scott

Last edited by Scott_S; 04-19-2016 at 09:45 PM.
Old 04-04-2016, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Scott_S
So long story short:

My tail lights got vandalized, got police report, insurance should pay for others or pay me out (hand me the money, what I'm likely to do unless I get a low ball estimate).

What are some good looking Led tail lights for 2000-2005 montes,?
keep in mind it's red.

I'm either going to go this route or get cheapies from the JY and throw the money at a stereo, which I also kinda need at this point.

scott

Hi `Scott, sorry 2 read about your damage Were yours stock taillights ? If so, maybe a member has a set if they upgraded.

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/ge...garbage-55895/

Click the above link & once connected go to MCF post #3 to view taillights. Let us know what you decide...Good Luck

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 04-04-2016 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-19-2016, 02:40 PM
1 Year Member

Hey Mike, thanks for the reply.

They were stockers, but I think I'm gonna "take the money and run" on this one.
I'm not gonna divulge what they are paying (except pm) but its slightly less than double price for a pair of led after markets.

I looked on amazon and really like both the bermuda black and ruby red talillights by IPCW. Does anyone have a picture of either of these on a red car ? I think the black ones may be "too much" on a red car, but I dunno without seeing it.

What would look better on a red monte, bermuda black tail lights or ruby red tail lights ? I'm leaning toward ruby red because I can always tint them with some film to make them darker.

Last edited by Scott_S; 04-19-2016 at 09:50 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:14 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think either the smoked or the ruby red would look best on the red car.

Bermuda black is probably TOO much black and would stand out in a bad way. I only have pics of my bermuda black on my black car

Old 04-20-2016, 10:56 AM
1 Year Member

Thanks for the input Mike

I hadn't considered the smoked ones. I'll have to see if I can find a pic of them on a red monte.

Either way, I think some light to medium tint film is in order to get the look I'm after.

The smoke may be what I need to give some contrast to the car. I just don't want it looking import.

I just realized that I never uploaded a pic of The Cherry yet, except it's new calipers. I'll have to get on that.

Last edited by Scott_S; 04-20-2016 at 11:03 AM.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:03 PM

I'd go with the black, i have them on both Montes..get compliments all the time

Last edited by Heavy Chevy 08; 04-26-2016 at 08:06 PM.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:16 AM
1 Year Member

They do look good! Do you think they'd look alright on a red car ?

Old 05-12-2016, 05:19 AM

In my opinion, black tail lights will look good on any car.

Old 05-15-2016, 05:34 PM
1 Year Member

I'm still torn between red and black. I'm still dealing w/ insurance though. Body shop gave me a higher estimate initially, and the insurance is claiming he didn't know what company I had, even though I handed him a damn paper with their name on it...
I'm going to fight this tooth and nail...

Personally I think the shop gave a second low balled after he found I was going to cash out. I definitely want a second opinion, because it seems like he was trying to "get back at me" for not wanting to use his ****ty shop. But hey, I'm not the one who changes my story on multiple things. I honestly don't trust him for something as simple as tail lights. That joke is even a chevy body shop...

If you can suggest a good insurance company that is a better neighbor, please pm me.

Old 05-15-2016, 08:59 PM

Had to chime in on this one, as the rear tail lights on he 6th/7th gen Montes are among my favorite styling features on any car.

Have you considered the stock tail lights off a 7th gen? They're completely red, and unlike the clear lenses over reflectors on the 6th, the reflectors are part of the outer housing on the 7th.

They'd certainly blend right in to your red car, and look pretty slick on your red Monte.

6th gen:

7th gen:

7th gen:

Last edited by SkippyThorson; 05-15-2016 at 09:06 PM.