General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

supercharger coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 09:59 PM
Default supercharger coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so a good friend of mine was on the internet and found a supercharger with 3000 miles on it for like 500 bucks it was a typo but the guy did not try to bump the price and he bought it with plans to sell it to me i just need to know what i need to put it on my 01 ss other than the intake manifold and longer serpitine belt and will i have to redo my pcm that is not stock? thanks for the help

Old 04-21-2008, 10:53 PM
Default RE: supercharger coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as for ur pcm...do u mean its not the original for the car? and as for what else u will need new fuel rails and new fuel pump for sure, an upgraded hd tranny would b a safe bet as the supercharger throws alot of torque on the tranny, an intake would go nicely as well along with a high flow cat and some different mufflers...i think im missin sumtin tho...hopefully someone else can help

Old 04-22-2008, 06:26 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i've looked into doing this mysefl.. although i think it would be alright ot leave the starter and alternator alone, the supercharged engines come with a different one... go figure that one out. (must be where the starter has more stuff on teh belt it's trying to turn) and the alternator must be under more strain for the same reason. everything kweef said is right... you'll definitly need to get the PCM tuned... but if you put a supercharger most of the time they come with a PCM if you get one from like ZZP or 3800performance.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:55 AM

Well here's the low down. Some guys don't agree with this, but if you want to do it right this is what you will need. First off, think of this, your 3900 had a 9.4:1 compression right now and a supercharged 3800 has a 8.5:1 compression ratio. More boost+higher compression equals bad news sometimes. So with that said here it is. If you want to do it absolutely correct you'll need a new lower intake, heads, pistons, rods, fuel rails, pump, other performance items that YOU want like a throttle body, TB spacer, but the basics are you need to lower compression if you plan on running this car hard a lot. An upgraded tranny is very wise or you could add an external tranny cooler...I was just talking to a friend who has a 00 Grand Prix and he found a cheap S/C from an 00 GTP and swapped it on, hit 10 lbs boost (I don't know how or why) and scattered his motor. If he had lowered compression it would have been fine. ParrotZ34 did a S/C install on his 5th gen MC without lowering compression or anything and he seems to be doing fine. It's all about how much money you want to put into this.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:02 PM

thanks guys any idea how much the basics would cost so i can put it on and then build up on it?

Old 04-23-2008, 09:04 PM

oh and cowboy thanks for going back to the old sig i love it!!!!!

Old 04-24-2008, 12:17 AM

thats what im plannin on doing...gettin everything i need slowly and then puttin the sc on the car...but im running short on money again so ill end up doing it all myself lol...thank god im in autoschool next year