General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Stupid Monte Tricks

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 11:15 AM
Default RE: Stupid Monte Tricks

I've got another Stupid Monte Trick:

Always have your driver's window up when using the wipers or the water will come shooting down your door and leg.

-And the moon roof for that matter. Sometimes I forget to close it when I use the wiper fluid and get a face full of the stuff.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:59 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Talk about moon roof...I respect you people who put visors on your roof, but I can't understand why.

I'm a biker so I love the hard wind in my face.

I enjoy opening the moon roof about 2 inches and feeling the blast of air on my face.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:11 PM

For sure I have them on my caprice. They rock. I just dont know how they will look on the monte..

Old 07-10-2007, 02:27 PM

We love our sun roof..... most of the time we drive with the windows down, and sunroof open......

I love the cargo net in the trunk...... It keeps all of my car clean stuff nice and neat.....

Old 07-10-2007, 02:39 PM

I love the cargo net in the trunk...... It keeps all of my car clean stuff nice and neat.....
I used to too... till one day I was washing my car and noticed my driver's side tail light was flopping around at the top...

those cargo net hooks are actually the fasteners for the tail light assemblies... my cargo net decided to break the top hook/post off of the light... so, I was able to match the plastic pieces back up and use some super glue to put the post back together on the light assembly... screwed that hook/nut back on it and it's held ever since....

needless to say, I don't use the cargo net at all anymore...

Old 07-10-2007, 02:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: Mrrench

We love our sun roof..... most of the time we drive with the windows down, and sunroof open......

Dittos!!! I love that truck oranizer bin from the GM accessories catalog, but I'm not going to spend $100. Bummer.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:30 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

another stupid monte trick... on the 00-05 models, the cup holders are virtually unusable. the first one (the front one) is in front of the gear stick. you can't even put a small drink in it without taking the car out of park first. then when you're driving down the road its hard to reach around the stick and grab it.the second is in front of the console. the console comes up so high that even if you had a large drink, you can't grab it the easy way. you ahve to twist your wrist backwards to grab it or used your left hand. not good cars to enjoy a good beverage while traveling.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:26 PM

Cowboy, it doesn't get much better for the 06-07's either. They put them both in front of the console, so one is bigger than the other. Well no matter which one you put it in, they like to fall out... Like if you have a 20 oz pop bottle in each, the one in the rear will slide out when u turn, because the holder is too big. Then if there's nothing in the rear one, just in the front, it falls backwards upon acceleration (and there's a LOT of that with the 3.9L engine) and ends up either falling out, or laying back into the second holder.... I mean, I appreciate not having a side by side holder that would probably be very wide, and get in the way of the seatbelt receptacle, but seriously guys, do any of the designers actually TEST this thing? Like that stupid seatbelt-holding ring on the front seats. OMG, doesanyone's seatbelt actually stay in it? Not to mention, does anyones metal hook piece NOT get stuck behind it? I'd cut if off if it didn't keep the seatbelt from choking me....

The interior design work in my parent'sDodge Caravan is like 100 times better! The cup holders pop out of the side of the seat in the rear, and in the front they pop out of the dash. Like even putting them lower in the center-shifter console would have been ingenious, just to get them out of the way of the shifter lever.

Oh well, I mean these are relatively minor complaints on an other-wise beautiful car, but you'd think someone would have noticed how absolutely stupid some of the stuff was in testing... lol. But of course, I suppose crash-test dummies don't complain about drink holder location... do they?

Old 07-11-2007, 02:30 AM

How many of the 06-07 owners know that they can turn off the Day Time Running Lights by the headlight switch?

Old 07-11-2007, 07:03 AM

Here is another good trick for those with heated leather seats..If you pick up take-out food,like a pizza or Burger King,put it on the passenger's seat and turn the heated seat on high.Your food will be nice and warm when you get home.

Quick Reply: Stupid Monte Tricks